• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing character confirmed?

jtjt43

Smash Rookie
I don't believe this confirms an AC character, but as the picture is zoomed in, I definitely think they are hiding something. I agree with Weegee, the 'U' is the start of the phrase 'Use once only' or something. Another thing to note, the Katrina sticker gives +13, which to me seems like quite a high number in comparison to some of the other stickers revealed. This also backs up the use once suggestion.

Single use stickers = Bigger power boost

Igneous42

Smash Ace
So your saying that because there is a Kirby sticker that gets used with Kirby chars then a AC sticker must be used with an AC character? I don't think thats how it works. I think a lot of stickers can be used with anyone. In fact I bet that half of a U stands for Universal, meaning anyone could use it.

As for Magic attacks I'm thinking a certain kind of move will be a magic attack, probably B moves.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
So your saying that because there is a Kirby sticker that gets used with Kirby chars then a AC sticker must be used with an AC character? I don't think thats how it works. I think a lot of stickers can be used with anyone. In fact I bet that half of a U stands for Universal, meaning anyone could use it.

As for Magic attacks I'm thinking a certain kind of move will be a magic attack, probably B moves.
I figured that, but Joshua's sticker has nothing. Meaning that when it says nothing, it's universal.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
If the kanji translates to "exclusive" then it must relate to a character. Some people should read the topic more thoroughly. =D

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I figured that, but Joshua's sticker has nothing. Meaning that when it says nothing, it's universal.
Good point, but a U still doesn't help ACrosser. I'd then say I agree with the Use only once Idea. Or something similar.

My question is, when it says you can use them only once and they go away or if you get a game over you lose half, does that only mean in SSE?

Because in the vault there is also a place to look at your stickers, I figure they stay in the vault permanently but if not that would suck.

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe this confirms an AC character, but as the picture is zoomed in, I definitely think they are hiding something. I agree with Weegee, the 'U' is the start of the phrase 'Use once only' or something. Another thing to note, the Katrina sticker gives +13, which to me seems like quite a high number in comparison to some of the other stickers revealed. This also backs up the use once suggestion.

Fisrt of all, we learned in the update today that all stickers are "one use only", because once you peel them off, they are gone forever. As for the Katrina being more powerful, allow me to quote Sakurai:

"Also, some stickers can only be placed on certain characters. Stickers whose range of usage is limited in this fashion are proportionally stronger when placed appropriately."

Wow! I guess this actually supports the theory that Katrina is exclusive!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think it says "use only once" at katrina's sticker because sakurai said

Once you peel of a sticker you lose it for good!!

Which means all stickers can only be used once so there would be no need for it to say "use only once"

It seems to me a sticker will stay on a trophy and keep it's effect until you peel it off so why need it to say "use only once"?

I also don't think it says "universal" because at the first picture there's a sticker of a fire emblem person and it has no character faces to say who it can only be used on, so that would be considered universal. Yet it does not say universal, why would some stickers that can be used on all characters say universal and other stickers that can be used on all characters not say universal?

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it says "use only once" at katrina's sticker because sakurai said

Once you peel of a sticker you lose it for good!!

Which means all stickers can only be used once so there would be no need for it to say "use only once"

It seems to me a sticker will stay on a trophy and keep it's effect until you peel it off so why need it to say "use only once"?

I also don't think it says "universal" because at the first picture there's a sticker of a fire emblem person and it has no character faces to say who it can only be used on, so that would be considered universal. Yet it does not say universal, why would some stickers that can be used on all characters say universal and other stickers that can be used on all characters not say universal?
Completely agreed, which just brings about the japanese kanji that looks like it says exclusive or something along those lines as mentioned earlier.

121DL3Y

Smash Cadet
Probably one of the most valid reasons I've read for an Animal Crossing rep.

sodacova

Smash Rookie
The japanese word is probably 専用 (せんよう) meaning "exclusive use." I imagine to the right of that would be character icons representing which characters could use that sticker. I think if anything this confirms that that sticker has character restrictions, but I don't think we have enough evidence to conclusively say that this confirms a playable Animal Crossing character. I mean we've only seen the character restrictions for one sticker, the Kirby cell phone. One example is hardly enough to prove a universal rule that relates sticker-compatibility to the series that sticker comes from.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
A very interesting theory, but a few things to watch out for.

First, the difference between this and the Cell Phone sticker should not be ignored. The Cell Phone has neither a divider nor text explaining what the icons mean. I know one is on the trophy and one is in the book, but every single other element is the same, so why not this?

Second, the space is very limited. As you can see from other shots, the stat explanation takes up half of the space. That U is a pretty big sized font, meaning it's not spelling anything out like "Usable only with" or some silly thing.

Third, and this is kind of a big one...there is a sticker of the Animal Crosser himself. He's being used on the trophy we can only assume is Kirby, considering it has the major stickers on it still we've seen above. Isn't it kind of strange that his OWN sticker wouldn't be exclusive for him?

Zek

Smash Ace
Sorry, but your theory is flawed. Katrina is limited to certain characters because she boosts Magic attack. So maybe she's only good for Zelda and Lucas. Even if Animal Crosser were playable, he wouldn't be able to use this trophy. So there's still nothing to go on.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but your theory is flawed. Katrina is limited to certain characters because she boosts Magic attack. So maybe she's only good for Zelda and Lucas. Even if Animal Crosser were playable, he wouldn't be able to use this trophy. So there's still nothing to go on.
Except that when a sticker is limited to certain characters, it has that character's head there. Look at the cell phone picture. It doesn't say "useable only with...", it has Kirby, Dedede, and Metaknight's heads.

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
We don't have enough magic characters that it would make sense for any known character to be restricted unless there's some other reason to restrict (say, by franchise)

I mean, really, why would Katrina be Only Usable by Zelda and not Ness?

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
Interesting find, but I think I need someone to define magic for me. Does Bowser's fire count for example? I don't know how many confirmed characters use magic besides zelda

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Fire can't be magic, considering it has a separate category (aptly named Flame Attack+) for that.

Magic is probably just the non-physical/non-elemental attacks (elemental being Electric/Fire/Poison). Lucas and Zelda spring to mind, but I'm having a hard time thinking of who else could benefit from this.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
I don't know, it kind of tricky to say...

I personally am wondering what the heck the figure is next to the green line at the bottom middle. There's something right after the line, and there is nothing else like it in any of the pictures.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
Its not Use only once or somehting like that, sinceall stickes can only be used once, the kirby cellphone that was only to be used by the kirbey series had nothing like that, and itis said that exclusive or well placed stickers can boost alot of the abilitie power, she has +13 on there, quite alot comparing to the rest, and the fact that the pic is zoomed in and that in japanese lead along to the word exclusive make a good argument for an AC rep to be there

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
A very interesting theory, but a few things to watch out for.

First, the difference between this and the Cell Phone sticker should not be ignored. The Cell Phone has neither a divider nor text explaining what the icons mean. I know one is on the trophy and one is in the book, but every single other element is the same, so why not this?

Second, the space is very limited. As you can see from other shots, the stat explanation takes up half of the space. That U is a pretty big sized font, meaning it's not spelling anything out like "Usable only with" or some silly thing.

Third, and this is kind of a big one...there is a sticker of the Animal Crosser himself. He's being used on the trophy we can only assume is Kirby, considering it has the major stickers on it still we've seen above. Isn't it kind of strange that his OWN sticker wouldn't be exclusive for him?
1. The sticker book seems to have a divider that seems to clearly separate where we saw the head icons and where we saw that stat boost, while the sticker placement one lacks it... this either means they designed the box differently because one is for sticker photos and the other is the actual trophy sticker mode, or it's something else...

2. It could be that it just says USE ON:...

3. It's possible only the smaller high stat boost stickers are character restricted. The Cell Phone adds a +4 stat while taking up hardly any room, letting you place a huge sticker of another type on while still getting a better boost then a normal tiny sticker. Katrina looks rather small, yet adds +13 Magic, while the Joshua sticker is about the same, if not bigger, yet only adds +9, and features no suspicious gray text on the right.

I guess it was still too early for me to think it's for an AC character, though... Maybe it's just USE ON: *Zelda* *Lucas* *Mewtwo* or the like...

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice

Fisrt of all, we learned in the update today that all stickers are "one use only", because once you peel them off, they are gone forever. As for the Katrina being more powerful, allow me to quote Sakurai:

"Also, some stickers can only be placed on certain characters. Stickers whose range of usage is limited in this fashion are proportionally stronger when placed appropriately."

Wow! I guess this actually supports the theory that Katrina is exclusive!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> The "U" could always be part of "Unrestricted"...
<.<...Just a thought.
-DD

Zek

Smash Ace
Except that when a sticker is limited to certain characters, it has that character's head there. Look at the cell phone picture. It doesn't say "useable only with...", it has Kirby, Dedede, and Metaknight's heads.
That's because the GUI is different. The cell phone is on the bottom of a trophy and Katrina is in the stickerbook.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Well, I'd think an AC character is a shoe in, but magic used by them??? This sticker probably has no restrictions, just like Joshue doesn't. But, Joshua does not have a divider, hmmm...

King_Olimar

Smash Rookie
OOO I hope Animal Crosser is in Brawl! I'm not sure where to post this but this seemed like the best place. Here's an awesome moveset.

Neutral B: Slingshot. Very fast rapid fire. Shoots in direction that you are facing.

Side B: Net. Slams your bug net in the direction that you are facing. Occasionally, a bug will be inside which will deliver extra damage. (Scorpion, Tarantuala, bees, etc.)

Up B: Umbrella. Same as Peach's umbrella but with slightly less vertical distance. Enemies can be juggled on top as you spin it.

Down B:Shovel. Randomly buries a fruit, Pitfall, or one of those annoying dancing statues. If an enemy runs over one, it is activated.
Fruit = A tree pops up and lifts the enemy skyward. (Think, minor Dr. Wright AT)
Pitfall = Fall in hole
Annoying dancing statue= Attatches to enemy and slowly takes away damage as it dances. (Pretty much a Pikmin)

Smash Attacks.
Side Smash: Pulls out an ax and whacks the opponent in the direction its facing.
Up Smash: Hits enemy with its enormous head.
Down Smash: Does a sweep with your fishing pole. Low knockback and damage.

A Moves.
Single A: Right-handed punch
Double AA: Right Left punches
Triple AAA: Punch > Punch > Kick
Forward A: Long punch
Down A: Sweep kick
Up A: Small jump and a small flick of the head.
Dash A: Dives and pulls out the net.

Aerial Moves.
Neutral A. Simple spin
Forward A: Whacks with the watering can
Backward A: Two-legged back kick
Down A: Pulls out a random chair and dives down with it. (Sort of like Mr. Game and Watch's key.

Final Smash: Golden Tools. All of your tools are temporarily strengthened.
Slingshot= Shoot three stones at a time.
Net= Always have a bug in your net.
Shovel= Faster digging and rarer items are buried.
Umbrella= Longer distance and faster speed. (I know that these is no such thing as a golden umbrella but it only seemed fair.)
Fishing Pole= Stronger, longer and hook is exposed.
Golden Ax= Faster and extremely strong. Almost always is a one hit KO.
Golden Watering Can= Stronger and plants a flower in the enemies head. (Like Lip's Stick)

That's All! :laugh:

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps, but why would Sakurai use that sticker if it would semi-confirm a new character? I think an Animal Crossing character is more than likely.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i think the biggest thing ot think about here isn't what they showed us it's what they didn't.

they zoomed in, there is something there they don't want us to know, and since animal crossing getting a character is not UNLIKELY it is probable that they are hiding it on us.

i mean seriously icons may equal chaarcters, they did in melee. the whole idea that they don't was made up for brawl speculation it's based on nothing and it is MORE probable we get the game and every icon has a character and we were all overly critical for thinknig the icons didn't prov anything when it was far more obvious they did.

i'm not syaing it isn't possible they don't i think people have just said "icon doesn't equal character!" so much they think it's a RULE some icons won't have characters. just keep in mind icon=character is based on fact (it did in melee) where as "not all icons will have characters" is based on a MADE UP assumption by speculators who want super 100% proof of something or it's not true.

it was made so we don't jump to conclusions and confirm things without proof but it is LIKELY the rule is icons do equal characters, it's just not a safe way to confirm things during the pre-brawl speculation period so we have to say icons don't mean characters in case they don't dispite evidents saying they will.

i'm repeating myself but just saying, so you all keep that in mind "icon=character is not true" was made up so we don't jump to conclusions it's not fact^

ExtremeBrawler

Smash Cadet
As I've already done in other topic,look again at this...

The first Japanese words seem to be the same of AC sticker,or not

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Perhaps any sort of move that summons furniture out of leaves could be construed as magic? Then, Nook and/or Animal Crosser COULD be able to use it?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The AC Franchise has the Pitfall item in Brawl

As for which character could be in it:

"Animal Crossing Guy"

That's his name, no arguments. Not Sakurai, not Iwata, not Miyamoto, not Animal Crosser, not Brawler.

Animal Crossing Guy ;)

I don't think Nook has much of a chance anymore... too much evidence against him :/ (i.e. Trophies + AC Stage)

I prefer calling him Ace

(Animal Crosser Extraordinaire)

(A C E, see?)

Psycosis91

Smash Rookie
Lol I posted this observation a couple of days ago but it got locked becuase no-one even bothered to read what I was saying.

So yeah, I think this is possible, however it is possible that the stickers don't have to be franchise based. Still it gives a little bit more hope for animal crosser.

Top Bottom