• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Andross Newcomer as Star Fox series new villian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Look at these two rumors I found on ssb4dojo.com. There are some striking similarities and some twists to the final roster that no one predicted--very Sakurai-esque indeed.

First is this one.

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/85578245146/rumor-mill-dsgrntld-leak

This one states characters, like Andross and says Sakurai went all out in fleshing Andross out because he has actually never been seen full-bodied before. This would also make sense why his assist is returning but remaining in its byte-form. I imagine him to be a chimpanzee like fellow. Personally I find this extremely exciting because it will allow for a non-Fox clone from the Star Fox series. The rumor says Wolf has been cut (in line with another rumor different from the ones listed here which state that four characters from Brawl have been cut--Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake and Wolf)

However this rumor also states Jigglypuff has been cut in favor of Mewtwo and with Pokemon Trainer returning as a gender switching costume change character like Villager or WFT and fights utilizing key items from the series like super rod (tether??) and squirt bottle. This sounds AWESOME to me. I would love to play as the pokemon trainer! It seems like the series would come full circle as you could play as Pokemon and the avatar from the series!!

It also has Ridley, K. Ruel and Andross. This rumor (below) says "Size does not matter in the Smash Brothers Universe" which is probably hinting at Ridley given the relentless refusal of some people (originally including Sakurai too) to believe that such a typically large character could "fit" into Smash

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/84757364691/sunday-rumor-mill-vague-2-leak

There are other similarities as well, but I'll let you guys make some of the other connections~~

I hope these are real! I'm believing them. Baby Mario Bros. sound pretty cool too (Remember the bottom one says none of the original 8 N64 charcters will be sole representatives for their series, which only leaves Yoshi left--note we are only talking about starter characters given it states the original 8).

Morbi

Scavenger
Ah, these leaks are far too random; they could certainly be true (not really though), but Andross as a character and Assist Trophy is a little overboard if he intended to cut Wolf (who could have been easily demoted instead).

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Ah, these leaks are far too random; they could certainly be true (not really though), but Andross as a character and Assist Trophy is a little overboard if he intended to cut Wolf (who could have been easily demoted instead).
Fair, but I feel Sakurai is going to yank our chain with Ridley too. Make Roidley a stage hazard and Ridley a character.

Knowing how Sakurai loves to toy with us I totally see him doing something like this

Morbi

Scavenger
Fair, but I feel Sakurai is going to yank our chain with Ridley too. Make Roidley a stage hazard and Ridley a character.

Knowing how Sakurai loves to toy with us I totally see him doing something like this
I suppose I could see that as well, in the case of Ridley. It is not so apparent in the case of Andross, however. It is certainly possible, but the rest of the leak seem does not seem entirely convincing either (despite my enthusiasm for every character listed minus Chibi-Robo).

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Third parties get that title by having three parties...

WTF does that even mean?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
*Pokémon Trainer is returning, but without Pokémon. Instead, his/her (yes, it is another costume change character) moves utilize key items from the series including the Super Rod and Squirt Bottle.
Leaker shot himself in the foot right about here. Silver lining, though, is that I laughed my way through the rest of the leak!

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean with the squirt bottle? Lol yeah I was like "are they gonna grow berries or something? hahaha"

Third parties get that title by having three parties...

WTF does that even mean?
I think that means there's going to be 3 third party characters

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Besides the fact that this leak has zero credibility and looks incredibly fake from the start, I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to make leak threads without mod approval first.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
@IsmaR

One of you folks want to lock this up?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914