• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "And Then Suddenly..." [1.1.5] Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLG File

Smash Rookie
Jump-Squads in the parameters are not the same as in-game because they go through some speed modifiers. If you compare 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 you see that Charizard has 6 in both. But he still has 7.
whoops my b

DemonRin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonRin
3DS FC
0173-1428-8528
Switch FC
SW-1795-2519-1884
I knew people locally who, when I'd say I was sure a new patch was coming, insisted there wouldn't be a new Patch and that the one that came with Bayo and Corrin was it, SO glad they were proven wrong!

Looking at it initially, Cloud, Corin and Bayonetta all have been nerfed to some degree. I do hope we find out more than Witch Time was Nerfed on Bayo, but I'll take what I can get.

Zelda, Charizard, and Ganon buffs are surprising and awesome tbh.... sad about the ZSS Nerfs tho.... here's hoping Rosalina gets Nerfed too.

Something that I noticed, it is now impossible to do a walk-off dair with bayonetta on FD and live.
Someone in the actual patchnotes thread brought this up and said it was apparently still possible to do, but you have to be much faster with your inputs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Something has been bugging me. The SmashWiki states that Samus has her air speed increased to 1.03, but I don't see anything on the patch notes that mention this.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Something that I noticed, it is now impossible to do a walk-off dair with bayonetta on FD and live.
Bayonetta
Dair Total Frames F42 -> F47

You can still do walk-off dair and recover with upB -> DJ -> upB but the window is tighter.
from the official patch thread
Also, can someone check if jigglypuff's up tilt is any faster? or any changes at all really. I don't know where to check what charcters can have possibly been changed
no changes recorded to puff
pages 2-3 are great for finding who got changes

Luig

Confused
Someone in the actual patchnotes thread brought this up and said it was apparently still possible to do, but you have to be much faster with your inputs.
I was only testing it with up b.
It seems that you can jump before you die, but you can't up b. huh.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Something has been bugging me. The SmashWiki states that Samus has her air speed increased to 1.03, but I don't see anything on the patch notes that mention this.
this is confirmed, it just hasn't hit official notes yet

DemonRin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonRin
3DS FC
0173-1428-8528
Switch FC
SW-1795-2519-1884
thank you very much. kinda sad the bad characters don't get good patches, but oh well.
Well, hey now, Samus, Zelda, Ganon, and Charizard all appear to have gotten buffs this time around. Not sure yet if they're enough to bump them up significantly in tiers and what have you, but Samus for example got EXTENSIVELY changed from the patch notes.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Well, hey now, Samus, Zelda, Ganon, and Charizard all appear to have gotten buffs this time around. Not sure yet if they're enough to bump them up significantly in tiers and what have you, but Samus for example got EXTENSIVELY changed from the patch notes.
sorry, meant to say one of my favorite bad characters

not that i don't like the others of course :p

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
thank you very much. kinda sad the bad characters don't get good patches, but oh well.
oh no bad characters get patches for them, maybe not in ways that could make them relevant, but
:4jigglypuff: doesn't get any patches

Last edited:

Bubba

Smash Rookie
Are we still figuring out what else changed for Samus? Last I saw there were a lot of unknowns.

Edit: just checked official. Negate my ignorance.

Last edited:

DemonRin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonRin
3DS FC
0173-1428-8528
Switch FC
SW-1795-2519-1884
Yeah, pretty sure nothing's "Final" yet, but Samus seems to have a ton of changes, almost all for the better in her entry so far.

My fingers are crossed SO HARD that Mario doesn't get any significant Nerfs...

Bubba

Smash Rookie
Yeah, pretty sure nothing's "Final" yet, but Samus seems to have a ton of changes, almost all for the better in her entry so far.

My fingers are crossed SO HARD that Mario doesn't get any significant Nerfs...
Surprised I haven't heard any news on Rosa. Or maybe I'm being ignorant again.

DemonRin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonRin
3DS FC
0173-1428-8528
Switch FC
SW-1795-2519-1884
Nah, lol, no ignorance at all. I see nothing on Rosa either, which is surprising since she's top of the pack going into this patch.

Maybe people are just being extra safe to make sure they get the patch notes right before reporting? Either way, here's no hoping Rosa gets some well-needed nerfs.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Checked Roy and Falcons IASAs in side by side comparisons. Pretty positive there are no changes at all to these two, but at the very least IASA and landing lags are the same for these two.

Only thing I didn't really check was Roys side B. It seemed the same at a glance so I doubt there is any difference.

DemonRin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonRin
3DS FC
0173-1428-8528
Switch FC
SW-1795-2519-1884
Checked Roy and Falcons IASAs in side by side comparisons. Pretty positive there are no changes at all to these two, but at the very least IASA and landing lags are the same for these two.
Hey, it's not my primary main but, I'll take no changes to two of my secondary mains! :D :D :D

Easzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Easzy1
3DS FC
0361-8666-7175
Dont know if its true but I think the autocancel window of Rosas fair is a bit bigger now so its easier to LL fair. Can someone test this? Also it feels like her FF Speed increased a little bit but I could be mistaken.

D

Deleted member 269706

Heard rumors that Witch Twist's hitboxes got smaller, was wondering if there is any confirmation on this? (I'm aware of the damage nerfs).

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
What would be nice would be a patch that balancing the entire cast.

Of course that's super hopeful thinking.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
It's been confirmed by @Saykrd and @Bowserboy3 that Samus' fsmash hitbox has actually not been fixed. It still whiffs at point blank range:

https://twitter.com/saykrd/status/710114094884495360?s=09

So what the official patch note thread says about it not whiffing anymore is incorrect. Despite what ESAM claims, fsmash is still jank. The hitbox may have changed somehow, but they didn't actually fix it.

Last edited:

DemonRin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonRin
3DS FC
0173-1428-8528
Switch FC
SW-1795-2519-1884
That would be a lot to do in one patch.
Lol yeah. I wonder, if we list out EVERY character that has been changed in every patch, has everyone been changed to some extent? Barring global physics changes like how DI got modified, is there a single character in the roster who has been there since Launch whose code is 100% exactly like it was then?

D

Deleted member 269706

Lol yeah. I wonder, if we list out EVERY character that has been changed in every patch, has everyone been changed to some extent? Barring global physics changes like how DI got modified, is there a single character in the roster who has been there since Launch whose code is 100% exactly like it was then?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Mario remains untouched.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Nope. Utlit got changed in 1.0.4 from 6.3% --> 5.5%.
EDIT: According to the wiki, except for a glitch removal, Jigglypuff hasn't been touched at all.

Last edited:

DemonRin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonRin
3DS FC
0173-1428-8528
Switch FC
SW-1795-2519-1884
Nah, I'm a Mario Main so I've had my eyes pretty well glued to him and he's had a few changes. I remember the one I hated the most was his UAir was nerfed at one point. I had a friend cheer at that because it hurt my strategy lol.

c-gomez007

Smash Rookie
NNID
c-gomez007
3DS FC
4699-8649-8652
I might be the only one to notice, but I think Bowser's Up Throw's knockback was decreased. Up Throw to Up Air seems easier to connect at 100%+ in 1.1.5 from 1.1.4. Could somebody check that for me and see if I'm right?

Luig

Confused
Sakurai must have thought jiggs was fine where it was in Brawl,so decided to give it no buffs in Sm4sh whatsoever throughout the patches.

Anyone know if ZSS can still up air up air up b kill combo?
With rage, you may be able to get the pop out kill....

Last edited:

DemonRin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonRin
3DS FC
0173-1428-8528
Switch FC
SW-1795-2519-1884
Yeah, my sister mains ZSS so this isn't gonna be good for her lol

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I might be the only one to notice, but I think Bowser's Up Throw's knockback was decreased. Up Throw to Up Air seems easier to connect at 100%+ in 1.1.5 from 1.1.4. Could somebody check that for me and see if I'm right?
It was unchanged.

Also, I've no reason to believe that 1.1.5 will be the last patch, either.

They patch characters in bunches. This time around, Zard, Zelda, Gdorf, Samus and Kirby were the big winners. I suspect a future patch will buff D3, JP, DH, and a few others as well as nerf Rosa and probably Sonic.

Sheik, ZSS, Sonic and Rosa all had the 1 weight unit reduction "kiss of death" in 1.1.4. Sheik and ZSS got theirs. I suspect Sonic and Rosa are still to come (both of whom are considered S tier in Japan).

GerudoKong

Smash Apprentice
No buffs for doc, but the fact that this patch happened at all at least leaves me hope for next time.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Unfortunately you can very easily DI out of that by holding away.
I'd say it's quite fortunate.

MK wasn't designed as a character that was supposed to have cheese kill confirms, he was designed to be an edgeguarding powerhouse with a so-so neutral.

The edgeguarding game of SSB4 is so underdeveloped because of the way ledgeguarding mechanics work, but if you look objectively at MK's toolkit, it's obvious that this is a character that was designed to prevent people from making it back to the stage.

Eureka

Smash Ace
I'd say it's quite fortunate.

MK wasn't designed as a character that was supposed to have cheese kill confirms, he was designed to be an edgeguarding powerhouse with a so-so neutral.

The edgeguarding game of SSB4 is so underdeveloped because of the way ledgeguarding mechanics work, but if you look objectively at MK's toolkit, it's obvious that this is a character that was designed to prevent people from making it back to the stage.
While that may be true, at the same MK is completely neutered at a high level of play at this point, I just feel bad for all the Meta Knight mains. Even if he can edgeguard well, so many characters either don't care or are really hard to edgeguard that his weaknesses are going to be even more problematic. I mean, taking people off the top like that was his thing, and now he doesn't really have anything to compete against the top-tiers. They could have at least gave him something to compensate losing what his whole gameplan revolved around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom