• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Olimar Blood Pact

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
I sign the pact in my own blood to bind myself to Olimar. He shall defeat his enemies in a swarm of angry Pikmin. They shall be sent to an eternal hell, consumed by them. He will rise to the top of the top, punishing those that get in his way. His range reaches to the seas. His pikmin are loyal to his cause. WE ARE HIS FOLLOWERS! Olimar shall be our King.

What is funny is that I HATE the Pikmin games. In fact I treated Olimar like the plague when he was first revealed. I didn't think he would be a terrible character, I just never thought I would use him. Then Pokemon Trainer (who I was going to main) failed me. I was messing around with some other characters, and then I picked Olimar. My gameplay automatically improved and he became my main. I use him 99% of the time. I will sometimes mess around with Sonic, but Olimar is my main and will aways be my main.

banjolick

Smash Rookie
I hereby claim Olimar as one of my two mains (my other being Dedede [yes, I know you are all thinking "Those two are a bit dissimilar," but I have been a Dedede fan since my first kirby game]). I mained Pichu in Melee and so I just love the hit-and-run-combo style of Olimar as well as the more stategic focus, rather than the more hack and slash approaches by other characters.

asob4

Smash Champion
recently placed 4th of 32 as the only oli main there
got a 0-death combo on a wolf for the win and a few other 0-90 combos on pit, ike, and wolf
OLI FOR GOD TIER

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Haven't been on here in a while...I'd have signed up LONG ago if I'd known. Olimar was my most wanted since the 2006 trailer. Pikmin is a great game series and I hope for a third soon.

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
Certainly me. I love Pikmin, it's my favorite series after Smash. I'm still working on my Olimar, and kept getting drilled into by a Zelda yesterday. A 4-P match, so I'm sure you understand why. Can't attack anyone else without getting a Din's Fire in the... 3 feet away. :p

Still practicing, though. :)

Starzonedge

Smash Ace
*Signs*

I've played Pikmin 1 & 2 more than I play most single player games. Love the series, and loved Pikmin & Olimar before I got to even use him in Brawl.

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
*No blood necessary*

I just want to let everybody know that this is not binding in anyway, but rather a way to solidify that we were Olimar mains from the beginning and that we were not one of the many to jump on the future bandwagon of Olimar users. We will not ridicule anyone who is on the bandwagon or anything like that, but we will know who was more authentic to the character and his development as a great character.

Olimar has always been my favorite character, and next to Megaman and Nook, was the one character I wanted in over them all. I got him, and fell in love with his playstyle and how fluent and comfortable he feels when I use him. I made it a goal in my mind, way before Brawl came around, that if Olimar made the cut, I would main him, no matter what. He just made my life easier simply because he is just a powerful little sucker. XD

It won't take long before people realize how good Olimar really is and will proceed to use him frequently. I call it the Fox syndrome. Where a person doesen't even care about the character, just his moveset. Is it wrong to think that? No, you play who you want to, but I don't think it is really fair to cheat a character by not even liking who the character is, but rather just like his damage dealing skills.

If you are an Olimar fanboy, or just like what he brings to the table enough to main him and proceed to bring him to another level, sign your name here. I will edit you in when you do. Let it be known that we were the firsts, and that no matter what happens, that will never change. Also, feel free to give us your two cents on why you chose Olimar as your main and what it is you like about him as a character.

You are more than welcome to discuss certain techniques you have been thinking about as well. As Olimar mains, we have to stick together, just like Pikmin, (but with less, y'know, suicides.)

OLIMAR MAINS:
LavisFiend
Pesticide
Hashire Kazemeijin
Rin
TossThemPikmin
Asob4
DarkStraw
Psyflame
Diver
Gameboii
Mcnichoj
Dr.Bower
Yigguth
Awex
JoeySmash
Sudai
Shanus
TheLastHero
Kubba
Capt.Oli
Ultimatum479
Nash123
Malicechaos
Yokipi
COLDshiver
IllidR
Zori
Yakt-NJ
Slayeriku
domiNate
C4pt41n Ol1m4r

add me, I love olimar's play style and strategy, i use him because i like playing as him, he might be my top main, but right now it's b/t ike, king dedede, Olimar, PT, Snake, wolf
though i'm pulling for Olimar for main, and ike and wolf for sec. main
btw, please pm me about how many mains someone usually has. I NEED TO KNOW:confused::(

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yes, I was for Olimar long before he was revealed. In fact, I think I'm one of the first 10 members of the Pikmen. I actually played Pikmin 2 with a friend up until Brawl was released to make the wait easier
I love Pikmin <3
QFT. (Sorry for the late posting, I've been having connection problems. I'd like to be added to the list)

I've been vouching for Olimar since I joined SWF. He was my #1 most wanted newcomer, and the only newcomer that would really hurt me if not included as a PC.

Ive been a Pikmen member since joining SWF too, and had a great time with my fellow Pikmen debating about what Olimar would be like, and how he would work, etc. etc.

The day he was revealed had to be my best day of waiting for this great game.

I loved Pikmin. Both games were two of the most original, and addicting games Ive played in quite a long time.

After playing Olimar a few times after picking up Brawl, he was absolutely my main, and that is not going to change.

I <3 you Olimar.

So yeah, I'd love to be added to the list :)

eaglith

Smash Rookie
I main Olimar :). I need a couple tips though if anyone wants to check my thread (this is my second post, I dont know if that is illegal or not), but yeah, put me up.

zimny

Smash Rookie
sign.

Never played Pikmin, but playing Oli in Smash was REALLY interesting. I have enough fun with him that I call him my main.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I'll sign.

I just really like the Pikmin games. That he's a very cerebral character to use is also really cool. I like using him locally because people just don't expect Olimar to be good, and it feels good to prove them wrong.

MightyRoar

Smash Rookie
/sign

there's nothing you can hate about olimar. he's got the pikmin posse, and he's kept my attention even before the game released.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Yo man add me to that list, when I saw that he was revealed I claimed him out loud infront of at least 20 people! I was there with him from the beginning.

brwnhawaiin

Smash Cadet
He is my main. I love his strategy and style. he can be played in so many different ways. I also like Toon Link and Wolf, but they cant compare to Olimar and his pikmin:)

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Add me too because I mained him since the game came out. I mained him because of his series. :p That, and its cool having six guys follow you.

IceAge

Smash Cadet
I am currently maining him as well. I love his playstyle, but also the character. He seems just to fit with me.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
At the start, unfortunately, R.O.B. was my main. When I sensed a problem, my sights changed. Then, I saw the light: Olimar. I've mained him ever since.

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
I got him, and fell in love with his playstyle and how fluent and comfortable he feels when I use him. I made it a goal in my mind, way before Brawl came around, that if Olimar made the cut, I would main him, no matter what. He just made my life easier simply because he is just a powerful little sucker. XD
great minds think alike....i bet my friends a blunt that olimar was gonna be in brawl cuz i used to own him in pikmin to, then one morning smashbros.com blessed me with his character profile one morning and life was complete.....so long live olimar! THE SPARTANS OF BRAWL!!!!!!!!!

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
I got him, and fell in love with his playstyle and how fluent and comfortable he feels when I use him. I made it a goal in my mind, way before Brawl came around, that if Olimar made the cut, I would main him, no matter what. He just made my life easier simply because he is just a powerful little sucker. XD
great minds think alike....i bet my friends a blunt that olimar was gonna be in brawl cuz i used to own him in pikmin 2, then one morning smashbros.com blessed me with his character profile and life was complete.....so long live olimar! THE SPARTANS OF BRAWL!!!!!!!!!

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
great minds think alike....i bet my friends a blunt that olimar was gonna be in brawl cuz i used to own him in pikmin 2, then one morning smashbros.com blessed me with his character profile and life was complete.....so long live olimar! THE SPARTANS OF BRAWL!!!!!!!!!

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Sorry It took me so long by I sign the Blood Pact and want to show that I am an Olimar Main from the begining!

ssb_wil1

Smash Rookie
*sign*

I use him because I really liked Pikmin when the game first came out (and was one of the few people I know who played it). When they released Olimar on the dojo, I got so excited. Towards the end of Melee i started maining with Marth, and I realized for Brawl, I would rather main with somebody unique and unusual. Olimar, as an unusual character who I liked in his original game, fit that well, and when I played with him on the first night I got the game I loved his style.

UltimateLink

Smash Apprentice
ever since the beginning, i wanted to use olimar. i ditched everyone and i just wanted to main olimar period. I played his games, i knew he was going to be in brawl before nintendo announced him. Put me on the list!

Brawladdict428

Smash Rookie
Olimar lover

After i played pikmin 2 and beat it, i was sad that i wouldn't see olimar and his little pikmin until pikmin 3, and i was happy to see him in brawl. I knew he would be my main when i heard he was confirmed, and i love his uniqueness as a character

Save the Asians

Smash Cadet
I like the intro to this, but best of luck to you guys. I love playing with Olimar, and he truly is a unique character, but I will continue to use him as a alternate. Good luck guys, and I'll be looking in this forum for more information about the little guy. And please, I may not be familiar with King Dedede, but I'll try to help you guys to the best of my abilities if you ever have questions about D3.

Pinoy

Smash Rookie
SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!
Although Olimar will not be the only one i play on Brawl, he will not be left behind, unused, and never to see the fray. GO OLI!!!!!!!!

Olimar: "PIKMIN, WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?"
Pikmin: "HOUUU, HOUUU"
(reinactment of 300 XD)

Top Bottom