• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

an Interesting Idea: Goomba and Koopa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Which two characters have been in basically every mario game ever, but still don't have the popularity?
THE GOOMBA & KOOPA THREAD

These guys have been in seriously every mario game I can think of at this point. wait... no, there's sunshine, but that was on a distant island...? idk, but that's besides the point. Goomba and Koopa are two of the most
recognizable characters in gaming, and I think they deserve a little more attention from the fellows at smash. being SSE enemies was nice, but it's time to take it up a notch! It should also be mentioned that Koopa was a playable character in a bunch of mario spin offs.
I see Goomba & Koopa working together in some sort of tag mode. not specifically like ice climbers, but as a way that they would always stay together. if one was launched, the other one was too. maybe Goomba could ride Koopa? just a thought.
Moveset:
Specials (B):
UP: Para-Koompa - Goomba and Koopa sprout wings and make a bounce forward, like in mario 3. if you hold B after performing the move and hit the floor, they will automatically bounce again. aerial attacks can be used during the move.
SIDE: Shell surf - Goomba Rides on Koopa as he slides around the stage. (comes from mario riding on a koopa shell from mario 64)
NEUTRAL: Goomb-chomp - a counter attack, Koopa holds Goomba in front of him, and if attacked, goomba will chomp on the opponent. think peach's counter.
DOWN: Shell Shock - Koopa Retracts into his shell, and Goomba kicks it. Koopa will spin forwards for about the length of Bowser is tall, then quickly spins back. can be charged.

Final Smash:
Bowser's airstrip - Bowser's airship from mario 3 comes at the top of the screen, and other enemies from mario come help, such as Lakitus, Hammer Bros., and Pirhana plants (which spurt from solid ground).

It would be cool to see Goomba and Koopa face Bandanna dee if they both get in :awesome:

Any thoughts?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Their chances of getting in is about as high as Mario being cut.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Lol, you serious?
um... yeah?

no, but really, it would be cool to see them in, I guess, but there are other people I support 100x more. I just mostly made this for fun.

also the first post being "lol, you serious?" is SUCH a good sign.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Paper Mario with his allies solves this dilemma. Down B can be used to rotate through his pals, each offering different means of helping him fight. This way Mario could team up with a goomba, koopa, bo-omb and a variety of other series staples.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Paper Mario with his allies solves this dilemma. Down B can be used to rotate through his pals, each offering different means of helping him fight. This way Mario could team up with a goomba, koopa, bo-omb and a variety of other series staples.
Dilemma? what are you talking about? this is about Koopa and Goomba working together, not debating which one should be used. this doesn't really have anything to do with paper mario.

also please explain this "dilemma" for me. I really have no idea what you are talking about.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I do not think those characters could get in as a team. But I do think a goomba and koopa could get in with Paper Mario.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I do not think those characters could get in as a team. But I do think a goomba and koopa could get in with Paper Mario.
alright, could you please take that to the paper mario thread then? I see where you are coming from, but this thread was never about paper mario.

these two as a team is not a "dilemma", but a suggestion. most of the threads I make are of characters who are not too likely, but again, feel free to talk about this in the paper mario thread here.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Not trying to burst your bubble, but there are other characters from the Mario series who have higher priority than Gomba and/or Koopa. Such as Waluigi, Bowser Jr, etc. And remember that spots are limitied and they might end up only adding two and if not one mario character to SSB4. And I see zero hope of Koopa/Goomba of making it in.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Not trying to burst your bubble, but there are other characters from the Mario series who have higher priority than Gomba and/or Koopa. Such as Waluigi, Bowser Jr, etc. And remember that spots are limitied and they might end up only adding two and if not one mario character to SSB4. And I see zero hope of Koopa/Goomba of making it in.
I don't think he does think they will get in, really.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
...how the hell would you know that waluigi or bowser jr. have high priority? If sakurai got some wacky idea to incorporate a goomba and a koopa he can do that. Waluigi and bowser jr. have a higher chance but not a higher priority. And I think waluigi and bowser jr. are pretty unlikely too.

But if sakurai does have some wacky idea to include goomba and koopa I will support it because it will likely be extremely unique. If not, we will definetly see the, incorporated in the game somehow, likely as common enemies.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
...how the hell would you know that waluigi or bowser jr. have high priority? If sakurai got some wacky idea to incorporate a goomba and a koopa he can do that. Waluigi and bowser jr. have a higher chance but not a higher priority. And I think waluigi and bowser jr. are pretty unlikely too.

But if sakurai does have some wacky idea to include goomba and koopa I will support it because it will likely be extremely unique. If not, we will definetly see the, incorporated in the game somehow, likely as common enemies.
I believe that they have a higher priority because:
A) they have huge roles in the mario series (unlike the goomba/koopa.
B) they are more requested than koopa/goomba

If you support Sakurai putting Goomba/Koopa into the game, then that's your opinion. But the chances of that happening is less than 1% and if not, zero.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I believe that they have a higher priority because:
A) they have huge roles in the mario series (unlike the goomba/koopa.
B) they are more requested than koopa/goomba

If you support Sakurai putting Goomba/Koopa into the game, then that's your opinion. But the chances of that happening is less than 1% and if not, zero.
So in other words they have a higher chance? Like I said before you don't know what sakurai thinks and he's pretty secretive about characters so you don't know what priority they have to him. They likely have a higher chance of having priority, but you can't just say they have priority.

Plus goomba and koopa are insanely more prevalent in the Mario series than bowser jr. and especially waluigi since he is only in spin-offs. It's just the matter that they wouldn't make good they are common enemies and not characters. So if sakurai wants to do something unique with them and he wants to prioritize it, then they have higher priority, if they don't then they don't.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You can dream and want something like this. I will not crush your hopes and dreams.

But this would be like an Octorok getting in as a playable character. Or a Kremling. Or a robot enemy from Sonic.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Koopa Trooper may work with all his interesting moves. He could have a shell roll similar to Squirtle. He could do generic punches, etc. since he has arms and legs. Goomba would be really hard to work with but no impossible.

Ask Super Smash Brothers Crusade, you may have more luck with them :).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't think they have a chance. I was just seeing how much support they would get if I made the thread. apparently not that much.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I'm sure everyone would hate on their inclusion until they saw that they had a super original moveset. And then they would go like yeah I expected goomba the whole time. But I agree that they won't get in unless sakurai wants to do something wacky with them. It's impossible to expect, but if the OP can come up with a crazy idea like this, than so can sakurai. Granted it will likely be a different crazy idea but I'd think that at least one or two new characters will have people scratching their heads.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I know this thread isnt serious but, why would anyone want a Koopa while we have the great and terrible Bowser? Also you don't have to know what Sakurai thinks to know that a Koopa and Goomba tag team would be a waste of time, money, and a character slot.

Now, a Waluigi x King Bob Omb tag team. Now we're getting somewhere. :awesome:

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I know this thread isnt serious but, why would anyone want a Koopa while we have the great and terrible Bowser? Also you don't have to know what Sakurai thinks to know that a Koopa and Goomba tag team would be a waste of time, money, and a character slot.

Now, a Waluigi x King Bob Omb tag team. Now we're getting somewhere. :awesome:
"Hey guys bland isn't really in right now, so instead lets go for stupid, unrelevant, bland!" The jist of your comment.

Anyway as I have said countless times, if sakurai randomly had an idea concerning goomba and koopa it would likely be unexpected wacky and cool. But it's chances are microscopic.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
"Hey guys bland isn't really in right now, so instead lets go for stupid, unrelevant, bland!" The jist of your comment.

Anyway as I have said countless times, if sakurai randomly had an idea concerning goomba and koopa it would likely be unexpected wacky and cool. But it's chances are microscopic.
Don't worry I'll be sure to support Koopa x Goomba for Smash 5 in a decade or two. That's if Waluigi x King Bob Omb don't take their slot instead. Or better yet, I think Bowser Jr. x Shadow Mario would be the safer option.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I just wanted to bump this thread and let you know, legendofrob1, that this is one of the greatest character support threads I've read yet.

No, genuinely this idea put a smile on my face.

Partially because you have a point(Koopa and Goomba are more worldly recognised than say...90% of the Fire Emblem crew), partly because it's a tag team idea I've never seen before suggested and partially because of the chaos it caused within the thread. More people need to experience this character idea.

Koopa Troopa, or his kin at least gets a LOT of playable appearances in the Mario spin off games. I have absolutely no idea of what Goomba could do without taking ideas from Goombella and Goombario from Paper Mario however.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
HMMMM... time to come up with an incredibly original moveset.

Neutral B: The Koopa Troopa picks up the Goomba and then, much like Mega Man's Metal Blade, can throw it in several directions.
Side B: The Goomba jumps on the Koopa Troopa and they go shell-surfing, much like in Super Mario 64.
Up B: They sprout wings and can fly upwards. Similar to Pit's Up B.
Down B: The Goomba puts on the Kuribo's Shoe and launches himself upwards in an arc and then stomps. The Koopa Troopa retreats to it's shell and follows.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
HMMMM... time to come up with an incredibly original moveset.

Neutral B: The Koopa Troopa picks up the Goomba and then, much like Mega Man's Metal Blade, can throw it in several directions.
Side B: The Goomba jumps on the Koopa Troopa and they go shell-surfing, much like in Super Mario 64.
Up B: They sprout wings and can fly upwards. Similar to Pit's Up B.
Down B: The Goomba puts on the Kuribo's Shoe and launches himself upwards in an arc and then stomps. The Koopa Troopa retreats to it's shell and follows.
HEY!
you stole my side-B!

....and kinda my up-B. but not really.

I guess it's not original, eh ^.^

D

Deleted member

They weren't in SMB2. Just sayin'
Neither was Bowser.

But yeah, I like this idea, considering I was the one that first brought it up in another thread. :troll:
Hella unlikely, but I'll be damned if some KoopaGoomba action wouldn't be hilarious. :laugh: They are the two of the most iconic enemies in gaming, after all. And they heavily prevalent in the Mario series, which seems to be good enough for people to support their "good guy counterpart" Toad.

Their costumes can even reference notable members of their race, like have one costume be Koops and Goombario, one be Kooper and Goombella, etc. :awesome:

SuperYoshiMan

Smash Rookie
Lol I would love that idea, but I was thinking you could have them in a "mario enemy Pokemon trainer" sort of thing with hammer bro, lakitu, dry bones, and ( although I would prefer him as an original character), kamek. Just my prefrance, and this is also my first post on smashboards.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Lol I would love that idea, but I was thinking you could have them in a "mario enemy Pokemon trainer" sort of thing with hammer bro, lakitu, dry bones, and ( although I would prefer him as an original character), kamek. Just my prefrance, and this is also my first post on smashboards.
Oh, welcome! Please, also post in my kamek thread if you want. Sorry I can't link you directly I'm on mobile.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
This... is actually isn't a bad idea.
Personally, I'd rather have Lakitu, though. Not sure why.
I honestlu don't even know why I made this way back when, or why it gets traffic nowadays. ah whatever, it's not that bad. I still kinda like the idea, but now that we have rosalina, I honestly would care less if they were excluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom