• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An interesting discovery about High Gravity mode

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
High gravity mode shouldn't be the standard because of a lack of l-canceling. The floatiness of standard Brawl is supposed to counter the lack of l-canceling, so only characters who have little aerial lag would fare well in high gravity.

And that's why this should be discarded - attempting to imbalance this to a actually noticeable amount. Simple.

Solid Moose

Smash Cadet
imbalancing recovery completely doesn't make sense. in case some people forgot, you could actually die in melee WITHOUT having to go all the way out. if people can die earlier, like melee, it makes games faster. and tournaments can go back to 4 stock. everything is just faster, and fast is ultimately the goal

You can't in Brawl?

I guess I imagined getting smashed off the screen to the left, moving slightly to the right, and dying anyway.

The fake motive is, indeed, getting the matches done faster. However, returning back to Melee's balancing is the primary reason.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Whoa.

I've been playing melee the past few days, personally preferring it to brawl. But brawl on high grav... it feels like melee, but with a few nice additions. The autosweetspotting is now a nice offensive move, rather than a ridiculous recovery booster.

The game even feels more like melee.

Mephianse

Smash Rookie
I've been playing in high gravity mode lately and works great, C. Falcon is a playable character again, Mario's meteor smash works like in melee and feels so good while doing it...

The battles seems a little shorter though, but I don't care, I prefer a fight of 2 minuts with pure speed action and combos than a 5 minute battle of just slow airborne action.

Top Bottom