• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who said Mewtwo was deconfirmed? Can you please stop assuming crap? I mean, I appreciate that you're making this, but what the hell? Why not throw in that Sakurai is confirmed as a character?
You haven't been paying attention

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'm not believeing this. Why would there be a poll when he's not gonna use the top requested characters. This is some serious bullcrap.
Then it's a good thing there never was a poll! The "poll" results you see is just a compilation of all the characters that appeared in the random emails that Sakurai posted up on the Japanese dojo. Or maybe not Sakurai and just some random PR dude.

You honestly thing only 5 people voted for a character in a poll?

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. Chaos Zero saves the day with hope!! 3 characters for most series sounds about right.

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is real or not, guys, but it's time to face reality: we had our hopes set way too high. Just because there are so many incredible characters among the confirmed newcomers doesn't mean the unlockables are somehow going to trump them all. Just look at Melee. It had 3 hidden newcomers with unique moves: Marth, Mewtwo and Mr. Game & Watch. The rest were clones. I think we're doing pretty well, considering. We're just spoiled because the biggest bombshells were already announced. Imagine how ecstatic we would all be if Snake and Sonic were hidden from us until now.
ding ding ding

You, sir, are a diamond in the rough

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Hey....

just so you know, I didn't say anything about Mewtwo being in SSE. I don't know anything about SSE.

And if you want to add the following to my "official statement," I just remembered something else my source told me.

Unfortunately it isn't very concrete...but it could give people hope...I'll check my chat logs to make sure the info is correct, but my computer is broken right now. The system file or whatever of windows isn't readable, and the stupid computer won't even recognize my USB keyboard. Anyway, here it is:

"Most series have around 3 characters." I'll double check it later....but hey! That's something right?
So then if you're right, that means the 35 character roster is wrong?

Zek

Smash Ace
Awesome. Chaos Zero saves the day with hope!! 3 characters for most series sounds about right.
Well it's obviously not true. Kid Icarus? WarioWare? Metal Gear? Mother? Sonic? Pikmin? Yoshi? Ice Climbers? The only series that really have a chance at getting 3 which don't under this supposed roster are DKC and Metroid.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Mewtwo and Claus are not deconfirmed yet, the stickers can only be addedd to playable SE characters, MEwtwo and Claus could very well be Villains in SE, wich means you would probably not be able to use them in SE, wich means no Stickers could be used on them.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Set your expectations low but hope for the best.

Im going to say I'll wait for the final verdict come January 31- Feb 4th.

I still have a hard time believing MarkMan. And if what Chaos says is true than Mother has 3 reps, which contradicts everything Nyasenya and the other 35 char leakers have been telling us.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
So which R.O.B. is it? MarkMan and ShadowXOR seem to imply it's the NES R.O.B., but someone on GameFAQs posted this exact roster on the 19th (which was before all of this) and said R.O.B. with Star Fox in parentheses. So is it the Star Fox R.O.B. or the NES R.O.B.?
Hm, I would think StarFox R.O.B. would make more sense, he's actually a character, and is more humanoid so would be easier to fight with.
However, that's still kind of odd....you'd think even the unlikely Peppy or Slippy would get in before R.O.B.

Well he'd be a nice "wtf" character. >_>

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hm, I would think StarFox R.O.B. would make more sense, he's actually a character, and is more humanoid so would be easier to fight with.
However, that's still kind of odd....you'd think even the unlikely Peppy or Slippy would get in before R.O.B.

Well he'd be a nice "wtf" character. >_>
IT WILL NOT BE R.O.B. 64...

IT WILL BE NES R.O.B. IF ANYTHING...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Semi-confirmation and semi-deconfirmation?

Semi-confirmation is pretty much confirmation: The evidence is as official as it can get without words.

But you can't say that Mewtwo and Claus are semi-deconfirmed. Just because they didn't show up as sticker recipients doesn't mean that they're not playable -- it just means they're not available to use in SSE. Both are likely boss characters, so it's possible. Although their chances are lower, you can't debunk anyone with that.
Have we established that it's possible for some characters to not be playable in SSE but still be playable elsewhere?

Sakurai on the DOJO said:
You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl.
I guess it's possible. I'd like to believe it, anyhow. And considering that much of SSE seems to be predetermined, it would make sense that some characters are not available for use in SSE.

Hey....

just so you know, I didn't say anything about Mewtwo being in SSE. I don't know anything about SSE.

And if you want to add the following to my "official statement," I just remembered something else my source told me.

Unfortunately it isn't very concrete...but it could give people hope...I'll check my chat logs to make sure the info is correct, but my computer is broken right now. The system file or whatever of windows isn't readable, and the stupid computer won't even recognize my USB keyboard. Anyway, here it is:

"Most series have around 3 characters." I'll double check it later....but hey! That's something right?
Are you kidding? This could be big...I mean, Metroid, MOTHER, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, WarioWare, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, Yoshi, and Ice Climbers all have fewer than 3 reps (AC has none at all). I would expect Metroid to get at least ONE new rep (Ridley), and I'm surprised that K. Rool isn't available (even though I don't like him). Fire Emblem only getting two reps surprises me also, especially given how much they would want to diversify their representation by using lords other than the swordwielders. And I'm sure it goes without saying, but a third MOTHER rep? Hellz yeah, Claus.

The big question: is the roster posted by MarkMan and Reno fake? 35 characters, 41 stages? Can you confirm or deny it?

So then if you're right, that means the 35 character roster is wrong?
That's what it sounds like. We can only hope....

Mewtwo and Claus are not deconfirmed yet, the stickers can only be addedd to playable SE characters, MEwtwo and Claus could very well be Villains in SE, wich means you would probably not be able to use them in SE, wich means no Stickers could be used on them.
I would love it if they were not playable in SSE but playable elsewhere, especially Claus.

Set your expectations low but hope for the best.

Im going to say I'll wait for the final verdict come January 31- Feb 4th.

I still have a hard time believing MarkMan. And if what Chaos says is true than Mother has 3 reps, which contradicts everything Nyasenya and the other 35 char leakers have been telling us.
If Chaos is being truthful, he is my new best friend. ;)

Zek

Smash Ace
And people are believing this crap because....?
:urg:
Because it's agreed on by MarkMan and Reno, who are both reputable posters at NeoGAF and have leaked info in the past. It's not a guarantee mind you, but their info adds up and they'll both be banned if they're lying.

Zek

Smash Ace
Use your heads guys, no matter what roster you follow most franchises will not have 3 reps. Okay, pay attention now:

Franchises with 3 confirmed characters:
Kirby
Pokemon
Zelda
Mario

Franchises with some reasonable chance at 3 characters:
Donkey Kong
Star Fox
Metroid
Fire Emblem(doubt it)
Mother(unlikely)

Franchises with no chance in hell of 3 characters:
F-Zero
Yoshi
Game & Watch
Ice Climber
Animal Crossing
WarioWare
Metal Gear
Kid Icarus
Pikmin
Sonic
DS
Mystery Icon #19

Get it?

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think chaos's info might be real. This roster is fake. ROB as PC!?! Never in my life I would believe it.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Originally Posted by Shuma

This makes enough sense that it might as well be semi-confirmed ;)
Seriously though, Ness, Lucario and Jiggs are in Brawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a huge leak, and it's 100% true, and there is a very good possibilty that it wouldn't even show Bowser if they went over a Mario sticker because you would NEVER USE Bowser in the SE. So I still think that works. If it showed DK and Diddy there, KRool would still have hope too.
And if Chao is right (which wouldn't be a surprise) than 3 characters for 2 more series CONFIRMED!

And yeah, stoked for this game more than anything right now :p

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Okay, lets think about this. Obviously the only characters he's showing on the Dojo are starters minus Snake and Sonic. If this weren't true, Captain Falcon would have been updated a long time ago. Obviously he wants to have the 4 secrets from 64 be secret again for old times sake. So if this were true, he leaves the surprising unlockable characters to melee veterans we already knew would be in AND Lucario, Wolf, and ROB... EXCITING! How the hell can ROB fight? Don't say G&W or Tom Nook or any of that bull****, because at least they had arms and legs. MOVABLE LIMBS. This just doesn't make any sense.

IF this roster is actually true, than Sakurai has utterly failed. TWO AND A HALF YEARS... TWO ****ING DELAYS!!!!!!! For 35 characters........ That is a gigantic slap in the face to everyone who has been desperately waiting for this game. ONLY A TEN CHARACTER INCREASE FROM MELEE. At least ****ing add 15.

Sakurai put so much effort into so much other pointless crap. Yay, upgrade stickers! Sharing screenshots! Who needs a large roster?!!! Hell, I would gladly take 5 more characters over stage builder. Most likely all the stages you can make will suck horribly. So many characters that we all thought had a good chance, all shot down! Where's Ridley? Where's Geno? As much as I hate Krystal as a Starfox character, id gladly take her over Wolf who is literally just a bad guy version of Fox. Decloning Falco is going to be hard enough, but Wolf too?! F Zero still only gets one rep, at least add Black Shadow or someone! Where the hell is K Rool? He would have been an incredible character. Where are the random franchise characters that people thought would be included? All we get is Olimar?

Honestly, this small roster really doesn't have any effect on my playing because my main pick was Diddy and I will only be playing Diddy. However, in a Smash Bros game, there should be a huge amount of characters so when you play random characters on free for all you will never get bored. Having a diverse roster with adequate franchise representation SHOULD have been Brawl's priority. I feel bad for people who wanted completely reasonable characters but got shafted so a little toy robot who can barely move could be playable.

I really hope this Reno and Markman are either a bunch of liars, or completely stupid stroking each others egos about how right they are about this horrible smash roster while being completely wrong. Maybe they want to scare us with a horrible roster so we will be incredibly happy when we get a roster at least 40 deep with good character choices. For the love of God, I would have gladly taken clones if it meant a roster of 40-45 characters. 35 characters is a ****ing insult, and this roster had better not be ****ing true. Has this information spread around the Japanese boards? Someone who knows the language should check the boards and actually see if japanese leakers are saying the same thing. If not than this horrible roster is wrong. I pray to God that it is...

Darkraid

Smash Champion
That's right. Why the hell are we waiting so long to see our fav chars be cut? I don't believe the 35 chars crap. ONLY 35, is there any difference than any other fighting games out there? We've been waiting for so long and all u can give us is 35 chars! I'm pissed.

Marcman2020

Smash Cadet
*sighs* No Lip? After all this, no Lip?

You put in freaking Lip's stick, but no Lip to go with it?

Sure, make her an assist trophy, that will solve everything *Sarcastic*

I don't mind the Roster, but I am pissed with the lack of Lip OR Krystal...Brawl needed more females, but instead the blew it with Wolf and R.O.B... why? Krystal and Lip would be better choices than R.O.B and Wolf... *sighs* I guess I won't be enjoying the game as much as I anticipated...

(And yes, people may argue that I'm not hoping for Ridley, K.Rool, or Geno... but yano what? I personally don't care for those characters, and I didn't care what the finally Roster was, as long as it had Lip in it)

way to go Sakurai -_- I'm starting to agree with the anti-Sakurai threads out there unless he can some how prove me wrong...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Okay, lets think about this. Obviously the only characters he's showing on the Dojo are starters minus Snake and Sonic. If this weren't true, Captain Falcon would have been updated a long time ago. Obviously he wants to have the 4 secrets from 64 be secret again for old times sake. So if this were true, he leaves the surprising unlockable characters to melee veterans we already knew would be in AND Lucario, Wolf, and ROB... EXCITING! How the hell can ROB fight? Don't say G&W or Tom Nook or any of that bull****, because at least they had arms and legs. MOVABLE LIMBS. This just doesn't make any sense.

IF this roster is actually true, than Sakurai has utterly failed. TWO AND A HALF YEARS... TWO ****ING DELAYS!!!!!!! For 35 characters........ That is a gigantic slap in the face to everyone who has been desperately waiting for this game. ONLY A TEN CHARACTER INCREASE FROM MELEE. At least ****ing add 15.

Sakurai put so much effort into so much other pointless crap. Yay, upgrade stickers! Sharing screenshots! Who needs a large roster?!!! Hell, I would gladly take 5 more characters over stage builder. Most likely all the stages you can make will suck horribly. So many characters that we all thought had a good chance, all shot down! Where's Ridley? Where's Geno? As much as I hate Krystal as a Starfox character, id gladly take her over Wolf who is literally just a bad guy version of Fox. Decloning Falco is going to be hard enough, but Wolf too?! F Zero still only gets one rep, at least add Black Shadow or someone! Where the hell is K Rool? He would have been an incredible character. Where are the random franchise characters that people thought would be included? All we get is Olimar?

Honestly, this small roster really doesn't have any effect on my playing because my main pick was Diddy and I will only be playing Diddy. However, in a Smash Bros game, there should be a huge amount of characters so when you play random characters on free for all you will never get bored. Having a diverse roster with adequate franchise representation SHOULD have been Brawl's priority. I feel bad for people who wanted completely reasonable characters but got shafted so a little toy robot who can barely move could be playable.

I really hope this Reno and Markman are either a bunch of liars, or completely stupid stroking each others egos about how right they are about this horrible smash roster while being completely wrong. Maybe they want to scare us with a horrible roster so we will be incredibly happy when we get a roster at least 40 deep with good character choices. For the love of God, I would have gladly taken clones if it meant a roster of 40-45 characters. 35 characters is a ****ing insult, and this roster had better not be ****ing true. Has this information spread around the Japanese boards? Someone who knows the language should check the boards and actually see if japanese leakers are saying the same thing. If not than this horrible roster is wrong. I pray to God that it is...
The game has been in development for upwards of 2 years. For only 10 more characters total, this seems disproportionate.

I appreciate your sympathy, and I don't think it's unwarranted. Was I happy to see my Melee main (Peach) return? Of course! Was I pumped to see Pit join the fray back at E3 '06? Sure. Was I thrilled to see Lucas' update to start October off the right way? You bet! But I never asked for any of them. Granted, they're great, but I never specifically said "I want X character" before they were announced. The one character that I really, truly want is Claus / Masked Man. Sukapon, Takamaru, and Midna would all be great, too, but Claus is my first choice, hands down. This isn't unreasonable, either; with Lucas taking Ness's place (or seemingly so), it seemed only natural for Claus to serve as MOTHER's second rep.

I hope that it's false, too. Fingers crossed, I guess.

So I heard my roster got confirmed for the most part, is this true?
Sure did. That awful, terrible roster. :(

That's right. Why the hell are we waiting so long to see our fav chars be cut? I don't believe the 35 chars crap. ONLY 35, is there any difference than any other fighting games out there? We've been waiting for so long and all u can give us is 35 chars! I'm pissed.
I would believe it because of how underwhelming Melee's was (in a sense), so it only makes sense for us to get shafted again. I think you and I have every right to be pissed about this (if it's true).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
All of the newcomers on the list I posted earlier have been confirmed by Remo and MarkMan, both of whom are famous leakers. Here is the list that I am talking about:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi