• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An idea for this game's "Adventure Mode"

Crimnonin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gettinjiggy
3DS FC
0920-0728-2546
A few months ago I bought the HD remake of Soul Calibur 2. I had never played this game before, but I heard it was cool so I bought it. I played it for a little bit, and I enjoyed it. That game had its own single player mode. You complete various levels and go around exploring in a big overworld map. You complete these levels and earn points, which you can acquire new weapons, buy skins for different characters, etc. It was fairly simple, but it offered a lot to do.

Sometimes the fights would have certain rules tied to them. For instance, you had a limited amount of time to clear the fight. There was one where, if your character was knocked on his back, you would take massive damage from the invisible mines placed all on the floor. They took a minimalistic approach when coming up with some of the challenges, but they were still inventive and fun. You could also swap out characters whenever you wanted. Though you had to use your imagination, it really did feel like a grand adventure to me.

My knowledge of other fighting games is quite limited, but I noticed that Subspace Emissary was going in this kind of direction. However, instead of focusing on the individual fights and their unique gimmicks, it was more based around Kirby style platforming.

It's still unknown what the other single player experience will be like (if they're even adding one) but does this idea sound like a good alternative to Adventure Mode/SSE? I can see alternate costumes, music, trophies and customizable abilities being rewarded for participating. Each challenge will have different difficulty modes, and changing the difficulty will also change the reward. I suppose the only question here would be whether or not it's too similar to event matches. Still, I think it has a lot of potential.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Or how about we just keep it simple with Classic Mode.
More focus on the actual point of the game.
Fighting.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Or we could just go back to a refined melee-esque adventure mode. Because, like, that was totally the ****.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Melee's Adventure Mode was pretty cool, I actually enjoyed it more than SSE, despite the latter being much longer (and a story).
They should take the best of both game's AM and incorporate it into SSB4's!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Or how about we just keep it simple with Classic Mode.
More focus on the actual point of the game.
Fighting.
Classic Mode is gonna be in, it has for the other games. But for Melee and Brawl, they had a seperate "adventure mode" alongside classic mode. Smash Run seems to be the answer for the 3DS version, and the Wii U version needs one too.

Honestly, people aren't giving the OP credit. A subspace emissary with more customization options and less BS sounds cool to me.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Classic Mode is gonna be in, it has for the other games. But for Melee and Brawl, they had a seperate "adventure mode" alongside classic mode. Smash Run seems to be the answer for the 3DS version, and the Wii U version needs one too.

Honestly, people aren't giving the OP credit. A subspace emissary with more customization options and less BS sounds cool to me.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
all i want is a melee type adventure mode that unlocks an awesome HD cut scene similar to Rosalina's intro video.

each character would have their own cut scene of course! (other characters can play minor roles in them)

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
all i want is a melee type adventure mode that unlocks an awesome HD cut scene similar to Rosalina's intro video.

each character would have their own cut scene of course! (other characters can play minor roles in them)
I think all the effort for cutscenes went in to character trailers... producing cutscenes for each character in the game sounds like more work then creating a subspace emissary.

Weapons Master mode in Soul Calibur II is analogous to Smash's Event matches. I wouldn't mind if Adventure and Events were combined in their presentation, though, to where the Events are like stages with branching paths.

Top Bottom