• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AMondAys Week 32 - Llama Juice

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
AMondAys is a weekly feature on /r/SSBPM, the Project M subreddit. It features AMAs from various members of the Project M Development Team and allows them to directly interact with the community in an awesome way. This week features Llama Juice, one of the stage artists for the Project M Development team and has many questions. Some of these questions have been included below.

---​

TeamDogFight: Most wanted newcomer, regardless of whether or not the character can be added?

Llama Juice: I want to make a character duo of chain chomp and hammer bro. Have the chain chomp be attached to the hammer bro, and I feel like we could have some pretty creative movesets for them. I just like the idea of the hammer bro throwing something in the air, then having the chain chomp lunge at it dragging hammer bro behind.

Psycho_Ghost: What's your favorite contribution to Project M that you've made so far?

Llama Juice: Bowser's Castle is a pretty big deal for me. It is the first stage that I've seen that has custom lightmaps baked into the stage, it's the first stage with entirely custom hazards, and I did it all while staying with a pretty low triangle budget. It's a neat stage for a lot of reasons to me.

watermelon51015: Are there still any 3.5 easter eggs we still haven't found in the maps? What about the 3.6 ones?

Llama Juice: I'm still learning about 3.5 and 3.6 easter eggs, the stuff in Melee Battlefield was a huge surprise to most of the team haha. There's still one small thing that I put in that I haven't seen anyone draw attention to yet though in 3.6. It rides the line between an easter egg and just a neat "feature" though.

---​

Plenty more excellent questions were asked as well. To learn more about how he plans out stages he creates, costumes he would like added to Project M, and his previous work be sure to check out the entire AMA here. Hopefully this offers a unique look into the development of Project M and lets fans get to know one of the amazing people who makes this mod possible.

SmashCapps has been wanting to cover these for a long time but just kept getting too busy. He's super excited to have this here now so go follow him on Twitter to share in that excitement.

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
Yay 2nd but im wondering what easter eggs 3.6 has that haven't been found

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'd prefer Goomba and Koopa, with Chain-Chomp as a Final Smash, but Hammer Bro. and Chain-Chomp could be pretty damn cool as well.

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
The AMA was supposed to be yesterday, but if you all have more questions I'll keep it going throughout today as well!

CelloLuCC

Smash Apprentice
If Hammer Bro and Chain Chomp get added in the future that would be insane. Imagine throwing goombas as projectiles or the pummel having cc taking a bit outta the opponent.

also nobody cares if your second lmao

StR!p

Smash Rookie
NNID
SlayerTwix
3DS FC
4871-3864-3022
He is like the most creative person here, people just want to see a new character from their favorites series and this developer combined two characters that can have a very different moveset without any normal weapon like we've seen before, just, the mind of the developers.

Also, I would love to see his character idea in actual game
:sheep:

Top Bottom