• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amon Amarth's San Deigo smashfest(In Escondido)

Yloh

Smash Apprentice
If it is this saturday, then I can show up between 7:30-8:00. That is when I get off work. I'll even bring a TV and a cube.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
I will come. Since you've never met me before, I'll be the 5'6" guy in the blue jacket. I can bring a cube but not a TV.

sprials

Smash Rookie
I'm interested in doing some smashing. I could bring a TV, but it's only like 10-12? inches.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in doing some smashing. I could bring a TV, but it's only like 10-12? inches.
Yeah its fine, good to get what we can.

Confirmed poeple:

Yloh

Radical Dreamer

sprials

irealyhatepozers

Azn_Lep (+2-3 more poeple maybe)

SexyDoodles

J Flo

Pnoy

LHG

DarkKyanite

Guys, if you could advertise more and bring smash pals, would be cool.

Zeke

Smash Apprentice
Noo! Too far!

Aww man, I'd love to go, but 35 miles is just too far for me to go! I hope you guys have a blast!

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
do u mean saturday june 9th?
if that's the date, me and my little bro would like to go
i am not sure if i can bring a TV and cube
btw, i can't find 2179 Splendorwood PL on yahoo map
can tell me the direction from freeway? or give me a call my number is 858 361 9910 thx

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
do u mean saturday june 9th?
if that's the date, me and my little bro would like to go
i am not sure if i can bring a TV and cube
btw, i can't find 2179 Splendorwood PL on yahoo map
can tell me the direction from freeway? or give me a call my number is 858 361 9910 thx
Try putting in Escondido as the city. Zip code, 92026.

Yeah, tomorrow is the day.

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
I might be able to go, Linda leaves tomorrow morning so I may not be in the mood. I'll give a call if I can make it.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Pnoy, LHG and I want to go to this. Will there be any tournaments if there's a big turnout? That'd be cool. We'll bring a tv and cube also.
If enough poeple show up, then sure, we can do brackets. If everyone on the list shows up and you guys, then most likely yes.

UPDATE: Tomorrow, I will be gone from 11AM-4PM. I'll be at the delmar fare. I WILL be back before 6 PM, but if anyone wants to come earlier, its out of the question. (as ill be gone) If something is up, you can't make it or soemthing, call my cell phone to let me know.

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
It is much more of a pain to get there on a by transit on a weekend, would someone be able to pick me up on the way there, I live in the Point Loma/Sunset Cliffs area. Just post for more information. Also, I can support some gas money.

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
Due to server problems, I can't edit my post or send/read PMs... I apologize for the double post, I have no choice.

I noticed that if I can't get a ride from someone, I will not be able to go... If you are going to this, and can transport me there, give me a call at (619)-222-1201

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Due to server problems, I can't edit my post or send/read PMs... I apologize for the double post, I have no choice.

I noticed that if I can't get a ride from someone, I will not be able to go... If you are going to this, and can transport me there, give me a call at (619)-222-1201
Sorry chris, i'd pick you up if it wasn't for the fact that my folks are using the cars =\

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I will be coming, and I'm going to be bringing two bros. One intends to only watch though... -Or humbly play someone who is bad enough. :laugh:

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
If at any point someone can bring me over,I'll be open for it at any time, I can bring also bring a cube and maybe a TV.

Rickety

Peace and Love
AmonAmarth's San Deigo Smashfest Tournament
RESULTS

1. Azn_Lep
2. Rickety
3. Pnoy
4. Yloh
5. Dayu <3
5. LHG
7. WayChu
7. Kyubi
9. Darren
9. AmonAmarth
9. Spiral
9. Jflo
13. RadicalDreamer
13. Steve
13. Binh
13. TeamCharles

The Bracket!

Surprisingly fun, I am glad I went :]

Shoutouts later since I'm sleepy, but until then:
I love you, Dayu! <3

<3
rick(ety)

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
I think there's been some mixups with the cubes and controllers! I doubt the ones I brought are the ones I took home. I also took someone else's memory card. Not a big deal really, though I suppose someone might want their memory card back. If you took a memory card that has just SSBM, Metroid Prime and Soul Calibur data, and nothing more, it's mine.

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
If the memory card you have has ssbm, Baten Kaitos, and Skies of Arcadia, it's mine, I'll check whats on the one I got in the morning.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
lol i got number 5 XD yay
today was so fun guys!! hopefully we can gather up again soon!!!
btw rickety, use Kyanite for my game name and Yueie for darrne hehe it sounds cooler lol
i need to master the way of fighting peach lol!!!

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I had a great time, and I hope to come back if there's another big one coming.

Rickety: Glad to have met you finally. You're like them all. You say, "I'm not that good," and then you three-stock me. What does that say about me, hm?

Pnoy: You (and Rick) gave me the biggest thrashings I've ever had. I look forward to smashing with you again.

Amon Amarth: Nice turnout! I can't even remember the two matches we played, but I know they were both good games. Your not in trouble are you? Because if your in trouble, I'm in trouble. :grin:

KyuKirby: Love your Peach! Thanks for smashing and hanging out with my bros and I.

Oh, and who was it that Bowser dittoed with me? I never asked your name... Anyway, those were some great matches with you too.

So I was pleased with the compliments I got on my Zelda, I'll try and keep practicing. My older and younger bros also had a good time. I think this fest may inspire them to start mastering WDing and advanced techs. I certainly hope so- competition is scarce around here. :(

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hey that was a lot of fun, a couple things

DK + Jungle Japes = win!!
G&W + any opponent = win!!
Marth + Marth = luck
my Doc + any Doc = loss :-(

@ Hideous Being, the Escondido smash scene is actually picking up speed it seems. We probably have some good competition now. (Krogodile, Firewang [Charles], Amon, Amon's friend, You, your brother, your other brother, Raul, and myself.) We should start smashing more this summer and take down RB. That's right Rick, we're calling you guys out. RB is garbs! Haha <3 ya Rick.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
@ Hideous Being, the Escondido smash scene is actually picking up speed it seems. We probably have some good competition now. (Krogodile, Firewang [Charles], Amon, Amon's friend, You, your brother, your other brother, Raul, and myself.) We should start smashing more this summer and take down RB. That's right Rick, we're calling you guys out. RB is garbs! Haha <3 ya Rick.
Actually, when I said around here, I meant at my house (between my bros and I). There's plenty of competition for me in Escondido though. I gotta come to more smashfests. I really regret not getting a chance to play with you AzN_Lep, I was looking forward to that, but we had to leave early. I'd also like to play Krogodile's Yoshi sometime. I've never seen any good Yoshis. Oh, and you talk about my bros like you smashed with them- I thought you came after we left.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Op, Shoutouts for Amon Amarth's fest:

Amon Amarth: Thanks for having everyone over. Smashing with that crowd is always a blast.

Rickety: WOO, we finally played each other! It was fun, we gotta do that again. Link VS. Marth rematch!

PNOY: Mute City is too good, I offically hate your Doc. Nah just playin, *Funny laugh sound thing*

Kyubi: I was watching your series with Amon Amarth and I didn't know who to pick against your Peach. Was fun though, hope we play again for a 3rd series!

HideousBeing: ooh, so YOU'RE that Zelda user I played friendlies with. I was the guy with the beanie who played you a bowser ditto first then some Link VS. Zelda/Sheik matches. Your the first Zelda main I've played... I HAD NO IDEA HOW TO ACT. Good stuff, I was flabbergasted when you killed me with a Zelda D-Smash. XD

Everyone else... see ya later!

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
You know, since i'm planning on hosting another, might as well keep this thread open.

Actually, I plan on hosting quite a few. Next time though, I want even MORE poeple.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
You know, since i'm planning on hosting another, might as well keep this thread open.

Actually, I plan on hosting quite a few. Next time though, I want even MORE poeple.
Yeah, definitely keep this thread live with the proximity of your smashfests.

More people? Is that even possible? How would you expect to accomodate more?

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, definitely keep this thread live with the proximity of your smashfests.

More people? Is that even possible? How would you expect to accomodate more?
I don't know, cleverly placed tables (and more of them) and good chair placement, I think we could get a few more people in there.

Top Bottom