• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibos Crossovers!(Confirme???)

Still want Amiibos?

• Yes

Votes: 63 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Thinking About?

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
"You will see cross-platform play between the characters introduced for Smash Bros. And then be able to use these figures on other games. And we touched on that. You’ll be able to use the figures on Mario Kart. You’ll be able to use the figures on Captain Toad, Mario Party, as well as Yoshi’s Wooly World. So that’s the cross-platform play that we were trying to communicate.”

What you think of this. Like Kirby in Mario Kart like Rosalina trailer(references?) or have Marth theme puzzle stage in Captain Toad stage! Think the Possibility of the Amiigos...I mean Amiibos figure!

What you say Idea, Buy it or Anything about!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...iibo-crossovers-the-software-drought-and-more
here the link.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It's obvious that Smash Bros Amiibo's will only work with Smash Bros and there will be Amiibo's that are not made for just 1 game. (Example: Captain Toad Amiibo is compatible with Mario Kart and Mario Party)

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Notice: In the 2nd video there is a different Mario amiibo, So Smash Bros Amiibo's are only gonna be for Smash Bros or else they wouldn't make another Mario.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
It's obvious that Smash Bros Amiibo's will only work with Smash Bros and there will be Amiibo's that are not made for just 1 game. (Example: Captain Toad Amiibo is compatible with Mario Kart and Mario Party)
With all due respect that is probably the worst thing they can possibly do. No one wants to buy 3 different Mario Amiibo's. Nintendo would inherit the name money grubbing in seconds(though some people already address them as such).

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Actually, SSB Mario is already confirmed to work with at least Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party 10. They said it during the treehouse, very clearly. Other Mario figures will merely be a cosmetic preference; Mario Party 10 Mario will be compatible with Smash Bros.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
With all due respect that is probably the worst thing they can possibly do. No one wants to buy 3 different Mario Amiibo's. Nintendo would inherit the name money grubbing in seconds(though some people already address them as such).
Did you see my other post? There is another Mario amiibo and it is obvious that this second Mario Amiibo will work with other Mario games, And that making 3 different Mario Amiibo's isn't the worst possible thing they could do.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Did you see my other post? There is another Mario amiibo and it is obvious that this second Mario Amiibo will work with other Mario games, And that making 3 different Mario Amiibo's isn't the worst possible thing they could do.
Well hopefully it's just a different model with the same exact uses instead of its own thing. Because I will hate that.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Actually, SSB Mario is already confirmed to work with at least Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party 10. They said it during the treehouse, very clearly. Other Mario figures will merely be a cosmetic preference; Mario Party 10 Mario will be compatible with Smash Bros.
No, They didn't. And isn't.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Didn't you hear them? Because I remember them saying it clearly. They said it in the treehouse after the digital event, and not during the trailer.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I remembered hearing that you can use the Smash Mario Amiibo for other games like Mario Party 10 and Mario Kart 8.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Didn't you hear them? Because I remember them saying it clearly.
No. They just showed the games that support Amiibo and also in some other time they showed a picture of a Mario Amiibo on the gamepad.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
No. They just showed the games that support Amiibo and also in some other time they showed a picture of a Mario Amiibo on the gamepad.
Wow. You really weren't listening to what they were saying at all.

Malex

Smash Apprentice
I'm almost done at work. I read the topic and was going to try to track down the treehouse saying amiibos were not game exclusive when i got home. My phone suggests articles for me to read based on my search history and it gave me this.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/0...iibo-crossovers-the-software-drought-and-more

Too hard for me to pull out the relevant information on my phone, but says they WILL work for multiple games.

EDIT: Reggie says...

"You will see cross-platform play between the characters introduced for Smash Bros. And then be able to use these figures on other games. And we touched on that. You’ll be able to use the figures on Mario Kart. You’ll be able to use the figures on Captain Toad, Mario Party, as well as Yoshi’s Wooly World. So that’s the cross-platform play that we were trying to communicate.”

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
I wish we knew more about what exactly they do and if they are all cross compatible or just the ones that fit that universe.

Somehow I doubt putting Link on Mario Kart via Amiibo will be happening. The figures themselves don't seem advanced enough to hold legit dlc in them like that.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I wish we knew more about what exactly they do and if they are all cross compatible or just the ones that fit that universe.

Somehow I doubt putting Link on Mario Kart via Amiibo will be happening. The figures themselves don't seem advanced enough to hold legit dlc in them like that.
Palutena in Mario Kart 8. Little Mac in Mario Party 10.

Yeah okay.

Malex

Smash Apprentice
The only real issue is the character model, right? As long as there isn't really anything character specific. Toad in super smash bros could be a problem without a patch. But Mario kart? Not that big of a deal.

However, I don't expect all statues to work in every game. I do expect patches that will allow things like Link in Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That's so cool :3 I hope the Sonic Amiibo can be used in Sonic Boom.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
(Joke post)

So...following crossover logic, Greninja would suddenly learn to drive out of nowhere, Pac. Man would play minigames with Mario...
Do you know how much money I would pay to see Pac Man in a Mario Party game?

ALL THE MONEY.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Interesting.

I can't wait for the official word on exactly what each Amiibo does on the various games though.

Not that I'm hopeful on this getting us a playable Captain Toad in Smash though. Just wondering what the Smash figures will do on his game. Or Yoshi's Woolly World for that matter...

Although yes; Sonic and Pac-Man in Mario Kart would be HYPE. I mean on a non arcade one.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Palutena in Mario Kart 8. Little Mac in Mario Party 10.

Yeah okay.
During the treehouse, they specified that the Mario figure would be used with games that had Mario in it.

Which is why a lot of people think that the Marth Amiibo isn't going to be worth it.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Is kinda weird we gonna have different amiibos of Mario only, but in mario party there no depth customization in each character except for Smash bros or even Mario Kart so.
They're not making 50+ Amiibos just for one game.
This one of the reason I think are making a crossover with the figure, no to lose many money.

Each figure gonna cost 15$ or less and making lot of figures will not make justice only make disaster losing too much cost on making those beautiful crafted figure with chip inside of each one that some people are not gonna buy it.

Another thing Amiibos are like Memory Cards and chips. Imagine the idea like this: The Kirby figure will act like my friend Kirby in my smash bros game, each move I personally customizable will be saved in my amiibo. The Kirby amiibos can be use in Captain Toad game to unlock new levels like a star shaped level as Kirby. Yoshi Wolly world would be a level based Epic Yarn. Mario Party will be new minigames. And Mario Kart 8 a new Kart Model or even Kirby himself as a playable character.

The Amiibos is no just a simple money-Print-Machine or a Memory Card. Can actually can Act as Deep Customizable set or even a downloadable content.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
That's how they said it would work. All Mario figures will be the same. It just depends on which you choose to buy.

SSB Mario = Mario Kart Mario = Mario Party 10 Mario

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Guys, they're not going to have Smash charatcers in Mario Kart. That makes literally no sense.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guys, they're not going to have Smash charatcers in Mario Kart. That makes literally no sense.
Making sense is relative considering that we're talking about a game where a sentient gorilla and an oversized lizard are racing against each other in an arena where a cloud riding turtle can rescue you from lava with a fishing pole.

Personally using amiibios as a way to add new hard tees to Mario Kart would be brilliant. I would purchase Rob, Mr Game and Watch and several others day one.

Top Bottom