• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo meetup and bounty matches - 3/28 (Sand City)

The Game II

Smash Champion
Update (3/28: Three things. I'll stick around for about 45 minutes if nobody shows up immediately, but I hope people arrive. Second, changed the time to no time limit. Finally, items will be set to Off and Enabled in case opponents Amiibos are equipped with a starting item, mine won't be.)

Hey everyone, my name is Glenn. Some of you might know me from past Melee/Brawl tournaments and other happenings way way back in the day. Well, I’m really into training Amiibos and have wanted to find someone in my area who trains them. I believe my Amiibos are great, but unless I go up against someone else, I’ll never know. There are a few tournaments that have happened in the area, but none for Amiibos. I’m going to a meetup in L.A. this weekend so that’ll be my first test.

However, I really want to find some trainers without having to drive 5-plus hours to do so, so I’m doing a bounty/meetup on March 28 at 1 p.m. at the Chipotle in Sand City (2140 California Ave., Edgewater Shopping Center). Several people from the county have said they wanted to have a local meetup, so that’s why it’s here, doing the event somewhat close to home.

This is a New 3DS XL event. Streetpass the hell out of everyone who comes through.

Here’s how it goes: If you beat my three best Amiibos with one of your own Amiibos, I’ll buy you a burrito or an order or tacos. If I defeat your Amiibo, then I get the satisfaction of knowing my Amiibos are good. You get one chance.

2 stock, no time limit

2 out of 3 games for each Amiibo

Stages: Yoshi’s Island, Battlefield, Final Destination, Arena Ferox or any Omega stage. Your pick.

Items set to Off and Enabled

I will go Kirby, Pikachu, Bowser in that order, your Amiibo must be the same one to take on all 3. No stats changes or custom switching in between games.

In case this meetup somehow goes insanely viral, I’ll limit it to the first 15 people who want to challenge me. If you want to meet up just to meet up and talk/trade Amiibos or streetpass people or just play other Amiibos I have, I’m down with that. We probably can't have a tournament, and this is a good time to say that Chipotle isn’t involved in this, it’s the only location I thought of when coming up with the idea for this meetup.

There’s a few benches outside so we can all meet up there and then battle it out, or we can go in if it gets cold. Whatever works for most.

I’ll probably bring a few other Amiibos to do some 1-on-1s after everything settles down.

Also, if this goes well it could turn into a regular thing. My main goal is to see whether my Amiibos can beat up others not trained by me and also to find out what kind of upgrades everyone is doing.

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/371109349756103/

Last edited:
Top Bottom