• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
People on /r/amiibo are getting hyped for gold and silver mario...

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I looked at Mario's gold edition box it had a seal: "Amiibo Gold Edition" as if there will be more to come...

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
Not sure how I feel about the Gold and Silver Mario. I mean, the existing figures are rare enough. My theory is that "Silver" is a placeholder name for "platinum" and that they will go to Club Nintendo gold/platinum members in the 2015 season.

Nice closure for Club Nintendo, if it's true.

EDIT:
I looked at Mario's gold edition box it had a seal: "Amiibo Gold Edition" as if there will be more to come...
I guess that deconfirms the whole Club Nintendo theory, then, unless it has something to do with the new rewards program.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Anyone know any good sites for importing amiibos? I'm thinking about importing some, but I do want a fairly realiable website.
amiami.com is great for Japanese imports. They know they're selling to collectors and they take great care in ensuring the quality of your package. See for yourself:

wft packing.jpg

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

I feel that this is accurate.

Anyone know where I can find a Wii Fit Trainer for cheap? It breaks my heart every time I find a $16 one on eBay and then seeing the auction skyrocket to $30 and above within the last hour.

Kendude

Smash Cadet
Any Canadians know when we'll be able to find Rosalina in stores? EB Games has her on the website but the button for ordering just isn't there.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
On the bright side at least, I just found out one of the two Lucarios I ordered arrived today. Will be able to pick it up on Saturday.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Legitimately, these are the following stores that recognize me by both voice (on phone) and in person, most of which I'm on a first name basis with.

-Best Buy (3 stores, 8 employees)
-Target (3 stores, 5 employees)
-Gamestop (5 stores, 11 employees)
-Toys R Us (1 store, 4 employees)
-Walmart (estimated 9 I regularly check, but no employees remember me)

On the plus side, I'm greeted with hellos, and I don't need to explain to any of them what I'm looking for- or worse, what they are.
But on the negative, this is a huge chunk of my life that I may or may not consider "wasted."

Warning: Amiibo are not a purchase, they are a hobby.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
So I went to my oh so special Walmart and found this monstrosity of an Amiibo section.

In case you can't see, there's only two Peaches there and they were both opened and taped back together.
I went there a week prior and it was the exact same thing. I just forgot to take a picture at the time.
Don't go to Walmart. They won't help you.

Last edited:

frootlooops

Smash Rookie
So I went to my oh so special Walmart and found this monstrosity of an Amiibo section.

In case you can't see, there's only two Peaches there and they were both opened and taped back together.
I went there a week prior and it was the exact same thing. I just forgot to take a picture at the time.
Don't go to Walmart. They won't help you.
Those poor Peach amiibos... She's been totally violated yet they still have the gall to put her up for display lol.

MINUSTHEFIGHTER

Smash Rookie
NNID
trueb7ue
3DS FC
1461-6195-7866
Anyone know any good sites for importing amiibos? I'm thinking about importing some, but I do want a fairly realiable website.
Not sure if anyone's suggested but amazon germany and france are super reliable (pricey for shipping i digress) and most of their stock is still normal price.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Not sure if anyone's suggested but amazon germany and france are super reliable (pricey for shipping i digress) and most of their stock is still normal price.
Use with caution if international, though. They go through UPS I-Parcel, which is a terrible service. Not only did they lose my package of 2 Pits, but when I called customer support, they could offer no more information than what their website shows when you enter the tracking number. The last the package was seen, somebody at UPS had sent my local post office the shipping label digitally to inform them they should expect the package, but it was never sent - in fact, the package still has an "expected delivery" date of January 8th in UPS's system.

To make matters worse, UPS's customer service is bad, even worse than Comcast. The rep lost patience with me and became very rude in very little time, blatantly refused to let me speak to his manager, and even called me "a waste of his time." I have never met a ruder person in the line of customer service and I probably never will.

At least Amazon has a no-questions-asked refund policy, so I got my money back, and I did successfully get C. Falcon, Marth + Villager, and a pair of Rosalinas through the same service, and there's only maybe two Redditors complaining about lost amiibo packages too. Maybe I just got super unlucky.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Amazon France should be first choice. They're cheaper, and are not only on time, but often early.

Meanwhile, I still have not received my Rosalina Amiibo from Amazon Germany, and the delivery date was on Monday.

Purio

Smash Cadet
I just purchased Ike, Sheik, and Toon Link from Amazon UK. In total it came to a total of $40.63 converted into US dollars. Divide that by 3, and... $13.54 each. I was surprised that I "technically" am getting them for less than I would in a US store. Estimated delivery is between Feb. 11th and 16th.

Last edited:

MINUSTHEFIGHTER

Smash Rookie
NNID
trueb7ue
3DS FC
1461-6195-7866
@ KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian & @ ChikoLad ChikoLad :

Wow guys that is seriously unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear about that.. I've ordered from amazon.de 3 different times and have had no problems whatsoever :(

also @ KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian Amiami is a great resource for preordering, (they unfortunately don't keep many on hand after fulfilling their preorders though), but you are right. They're professional, quick, and reliable.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
@ KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian & @ ChikoLad ChikoLad :

Wow guys that is seriously unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear about that.. I've ordered from amazon.de 3 different times and have had no problems whatsoever :(

also @ KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian Amiami is a great resource for preordering, (they unfortunately don't keep many on hand after fulfilling their preorders though), but you are right. They're professional, quick, and reliable.
Sadly, problems like this are the reason why I've been ordering two or three of everything. In this case, the German Pits were meant to be backups for myself and a friend as we were having trouble with our Toys R Us orders. Fortunately, those eventually came through, so I still have a Pit in my collection.

It definitely makes sense to pair up with a buddy on these things. In my case, I have an agreement with a good friend that when we buy for ourselves, we also buy for the other. That way if one of us fails to get an item in time, we're covered - and when we both succeed, there's nothing wrong with having extras of an item that doubles in value the day after it's released. I'll either play with them, give them to a friend in need, or we've been considering doing give-away events for our Twitch channel, probably in the form of betting on an amiibo tournament.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm co-operating with a good friend of mine from New York on these. He hasn't had to get me any yet, but I got him a Pit and WFT over Christmas. WFT was a gift for his other friend that he couldn't find, Pit was a Christmas present from me to him.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I could see Gold Mario as a free gift for pla
Any Canadians know when we'll be able to find Rosalina in stores? EB Games has her on the website but the button for ordering just isn't there.
A friend of a friend (srs) works at toysrus and said his store received 5 Rosalina's and sold out fairly quickly.
Rosalina was redistributed to all other major retailers in canada.

Best Buy & Future Shop
Wal-Mart
EB Games

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So far, the only time the buddy rule came into effect was giving my extra Diddy to my friend - which ended up not being necessary because Diddies have since become pretty common near us. My girlfriend also has a coworker who really wanted Rosalina just because it's her favorite character, so we gave her one of ours. One of the extra Pits was going to go to another friend of mine for a similar reason, but at least he wasn't Jonesing too hard for it.

Last edited:

MINUSTHEFIGHTER

Smash Rookie
NNID
trueb7ue
3DS FC
1461-6195-7866
"multiplayer" is for sure the way to go, I have a minor network here consisting of friends and my brother and we've been much more successful working together than solo.

Another resource worth it's salt is nin-nin game.com The only problem is their preorder policy, unless you use a credit card, you have to pay in full at time of order. However they, just like amiami are reliable, safe, and fair priced.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Sadly, problems like this are the reason why I've been ordering two or three of everything. In this case, the German Pits were meant to be backups for myself and a friend as we were having trouble with our Toys R Us orders. Fortunately, those eventually came through, so I still have a Pit in my collection.

It definitely makes sense to pair up with a buddy on these things. In my case, I have an agreement with a good friend that when we buy for ourselves, we also buy for the other. That way if one of us fails to get an item in time, we're covered - and when we both succeed, there's nothing wrong with having extras of an item that doubles in value the day after it's released. I'll either play with them, give them to a friend in need, or we've been considering doing give-away events for our Twitch channel, probably in the form of betting on an amiibo tournament.
That's what my friend and I did with Rosalina. He bought 2. One for me and one for him. I wasn't able to get to Target in time so I told him to get her for me.
Also I found out when I'm probably getting my Shulk at the end of this month. That's what my GameStop said. It seems like wave 3 will be scattered throughout the month. I just hope Lucario gets another TRU shipment and Meta Knight gets his Best Buy shipment in soon. And I still need to know if Dedede will be common or not in the US.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Also I found out when I'm probably getting my Shulk at the end of this month. That's what my GameStop said. It seems like wave 3 will be scattered throughout the month. I just hope Lucario gets another TRU shipment and Meta Knight gets his Best Buy shipment in soon. And I still need to know if Dedede will be common or not in the US.
From asking around myself, I've been told Shulk is expected to come along with the Majora's Mask New 3DSs around the 13th (but they aren't street dated, so if they come earlier they'll hit shelves sooner). Meta Knight has a placeholder date of 12/31/2015 in Best Buy's system.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Does amazon UK ship to the US? Can you use an american credit/debit card?
Yes, it will convert to dollars as you submit. It won't actually display though, so you'll have to use Google or something to translate.

I just did this myself - including shipping, she came to just under $25. A bit steep, but honestly pretty fair for her...

Interesting she's still available hours later. I guess she got a reprint?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Holy ****... Mario Party Amiibo are sold out on Gamestop. Wonder how long it was up, a few minutes.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
My Sonic amiibo is "delayed."

I heard that GameStop did it to a lot of orders (forgive if it was posted above today i only skimmed the posts)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
And Toad preorders are still available in the UK.

Obviously, one region is doing things far better than the other. I wish it didn't cost so much to ship, but as long as NOE continues to do their business right, I will gladly keep giving them my money over NOA.
I ordered them all off amiami, thankfully.
I am really nervous about any future waves, though. Everyone knows the only way to get them is preorder, and scalping gets worse and worse. I wonder if I can guarantee any of wave 4... I wish I at LEAST knew when they would be put up.

As far as FYE having amiibo in the US, I don't think it is true.
I have a heartbreaking story about it.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Hey guys, that amiami place has ROSALINA and Meta Knight in stock for 1296 yen, the equivalent of $11.03 in the us. Is it reliable enough?

Ooh and Lucario too

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
For those of you trying to preorder super Mario amiibos you can always check with the store. Toad was sold out this morning online, but I was able to preorder him in the store.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I ordered them all off amiami, thankfully.
I am really nervous about any future waves, though. Everyone knows the only way to get them is preorder, and scalping gets worse and worse. I wonder if I can guarantee any of wave 4... I wish I at LEAST knew when they would be put up.

As far as FYE having amiibo in the US, I don't think it is true.
I have a heartbreaking story about it.
I fear the same. I run a search for 'ness amiibo' more than once an hour, and I've still completely missed two (European) releases. It feels like the odds of finding them available in the states are about as high as winning the lottery.

I'm tempted to try FYE, but even the reddit stories where it's been reported sound like they took a lot of work to get it done. I have no experience with their reliability on this product so even if I went ahead and did it, they'd be a Plan C at best.

Top Bottom