• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Got DK, Samus, Pikachu and Yoshi today, so along with Mario, Link and Captain Falcon I have seven out of the original twelve.
Then Luigi and Kirby will be easy to get too, so that'll be nine out of twelve...

...and then Fox...and Ness...and Jigglypuff...

...crap.

(Is Fox actually discontinued? Best Buy did have him in stock a few days ago...)

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I love the amiibos. I have Kirby and Peach so far. I'm getting Zelda soon, and I hope that I can get my hands on Ike and Rosalina

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
All these jokes about exclusivity...petco, CVS, arcades.

Guys, amiibo are only sold at 5 retail locations in the US, which is the only country to see exclusivity.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got DK, Samus, Pikachu and Yoshi today, so along with Mario, Link and Captain Falcon I have seven out of the original twelve.
Then Luigi and Kirby will be easy to get too, so that'll be nine out of twelve...

...and then Fox...and Ness...and Jigglypuff...

...crap.

(Is Fox actually discontinued? Best Buy did have him in stock a few days ago...)
Fox is only discontinued at Target.

Over here in Ireland, Fox and Samus are super common. More common than Mario and Link.

EDIT:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I asked my Gamestop about the deal with the "no street date," thing, and they said that while it is true, the store I ordered it from tends to hold things for a week, unlike the normal 48 hours they are supposed to. I should have no problems picking up Shulk, but I'm still going to be extra cautious about this. Finally, the incompetence of GameStop works to my advantage.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Went to Toy R Us and got :4bowser:! I also wanted to get :4tlink:but my dad said no.

Also in the store, the whole column of Lucario amiibos sold out. Yikes.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I forgot to mention that the Amiibo Cup went on last weekend. It was a tight battle all season for each Amiibo. Petch :4peach: had a very rough season, failing to repeat for the Cup. Iron Woman :4samus:, Danky Dong :4dk:, and Rainbow :4yoshi: had good turnaround seasons, even though they all went 3-9-0, they had some solid matches against everyone in the competition. 'Murica :4mario: ties the record for best regular season record this season that was set by Weegee :4luigi: in season 6. He turned out to be the class of the competition this season. It was a Mario Bros. finals with 'Murica :4mario: besting his younger brother Weegee :4luigi:. 'Murica :4mario: becomes the first 3 time champion of the Amiibo Cup. Is this a sign of dominance? Will this continue when Wave 3 of Amiibo join the competition? We'll see how it plays out. January 31st Season will be the final Amiibo Cup before Wave 3 hits. The competition better get ready as some rule changes are around the corner when new competition comes along.

Also btw is it possible if we could have a personal thread about Amiibo tournaments going on or Amiibo tournaments that we do with our own collection?

Rankings: January 17, 2015
W-L-SD
IN PLAYOFFS
1. Mario 11-1-0 22 pts
2. Diddy Kong 10-2-0 20 pts
3. Luigi 10-2-0 20 pts
4. Kirby 8-4-0 16 pts
ELIMINATED
5. Zelda 7-5-0 14 pts
6. Pikachu 6-5-1 13 pts
7. Link 5-7-0 10 pts
8. Little Mac 5-7-0 10 pts
9. Fox 4-8-0 8 pts
10. Yoshi 3-9-0 6 pts
11. Peach 3-9-0 6 pts
12. Samus 3-9-0 6 pts
13. Donkey Kong 3-9-0 6 pts

PLAYOFFS: Best of 3

SEMI FINALS

1. Mario: 2 vs 4. Kirby: 1
2. Diddy Kong: 1 vs 3. Luigi: 2

3RD PLACE

2. Diddy Kong: 0 vs 4. Kirby: 2

FINALS

1. Mario: 2 vs Luigi: 0

CHAMPION: Mario
2ND PLACE: Luigi
3RD PLACE: Kirby

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228

I wish all stores were like this...

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Apparently, a large part of the Amiibo shortages in America have to do with the unions who control the docks in California. Those greedy cut-throats are arguing again, so they're barely moving at half capacity. Yes, that's STILL going on, despite reports to the contrary.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently, a large part of the Amiibo shortages in America have to do with the unions who control the docks in California. Those greedy cut-throats are arguing again, so they're barely moving at half capacity. Yes, that's STILL going on, despite reports to the contrary.
It's not 100% confirmed, merely a plausible theory right now.

And for all we know, the Amiibos being held back could just be more Marios and Peaches.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Well that explains a lot of what's going on in NorCal. You can't get any of the rare ones around here. The closest you can get to rare is maybe Samus but they're fairly common. I was lucky to get Fox back when he was common. But I regret not getting Wii Fit Trainer on November 22nd. :(

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It's not 100% confirmed, merely a plausible theory right now.

And for all we know, the Amiibos being held back could just be more Marios and Peaches.
That is true. We have no way of knowing which Amiibo might be locked up in shipping containers. However, as you said, it is a plausible theory. It would also explain why Toys R Us seemingly got wave 3 weeks before other retailers.

Also, sorry for the double post. 3DS glitched.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Zelda in my local Argos is now listed as "Unknown Status"...so I may have missed out.

However, the Argos in my college's town has ONE left...might just have to take the plunge and order her, then pick her up tomorrow...might see if my brother is willing to lend me money for it, just so I can keep the remaining money I have in my bank this week in case of emergency.

I now present you.
Dreamcast Sonic

The amazingly well detailed Shulk

And the One amiibo that looks like he just came out of the game

Seriously Megaman has been treated incredibly well by Nintendo.
Mega Man definitely joins the ranks of Yoshi, Kirby, Pikachu, Toon Link, Samus, Bowser, and Rosalina. He's one of the best, easily.

Shulk looks pretty cool, his clothes and Monado look great. His face isn't amazing, but not terrible either.

Sonic is just...meh. Disappointing. His limbs look more than twice as stocky as they should, his quills are very blunt, and his nose is all fat. I realise that's likely the result of wanting to make him sturdier and safer for kids, thin limbs would snap too easily and sharp spikes could cut someone. But considering I already have this:

...It just is gonna look really underwhelming next to it.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I now present you.
Dreamcast Sonic

Megaman is just perfect, Sonic looks good too, but if they made the arms a bit thinner and fixed his nose, he would look great.

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
Damn Megaman tho. I'm actually kinda glad I preordered him now that he looks that good. I'm really happy with how Sonic looks as well. Better than I was expecting.

I went hunting around and wave 3 hasn't started popping up in my area yet. It feels like Arizona is like...the last place to actually get things. Probably a placebo but still. Doesn't sound like you can preorder wave 4 yet either. Ness Amiibo i'll have you yet.

Purio

Smash Cadet
I caved in and ordered Japanese Rosalina, Meta Knight, and Lucario off eBay. All three for $60 total, fine. I'll take it before they really skyrocket in price. Shulk... Still looking for a good priced one. The rest are all okay and preordered at GameStop.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I now present you.
Dreamcast Sonic

Sonic and Mega Man look great, Shulk not so much although better than the FE characters.

I guess that makes sense, though you'd think that would be more well known. How long has this been going on?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Even still people understand the rarity of these things.
Not everyone wants to collect them all though. Even if someone knew a figure was super rare, they are not gonna get it if they are a casual collector (i.e. only getting characters they know and love) and don't know the character. Hence, they don't get eaten up as quickly. It's only a matter of time before the last few are taken though.

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
I remember I got lucky at Target on the day after launch, before everyone knew what was happening with rarity, I got the last Villager. It feels good to own a rare one, y' know? You just feel... I don't know, special.

And speaking of rare ones, my dad is ordering me a $30 Meta Knight off of eBay for my Valentine's Day gift. Man, I love my dad.

Last edited:

xXx_360Lucas420_xXx

Smash Rookie
Villager - Animal Crossing New Leaf(NEW 3DS): A giant replica of Villager's head , its a helmet on the game, and will also blink, another thing you can get from the amiibo is a stick, just a prop like the wand, but if you press A, you can use the stick to poke the ground, just for fun looking at.

Link/Marth/Ike/Robin - Xenoblade Chronicles(NEW 3DS): Costumes, no function at all

Kirby - Mario Kart 8:Warp star vehicle(actual warp star with Kirby riding it like a skate board, while its hovering), no wheels, but its the same speed as any other kart.

post below your ideas

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Has anyone had problems with Shopto.net? I ordered Lucario from there and it says it arrived already, but it's not at my P.O.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Whelp this further supports my theory that the smash series amiibo will be discontinued entirely.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I wish I had enough characters in the amiibo's name to name mine Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen.

That would be nice.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Turns out my local Argos had 1 more Zelda left. So I reserved her. I'll pick her up after getting off my bus home tomorrow, Argos is near my stop.

Finally, I get to have that feeling of walking down for an Amiibo and bringing it home and opening it up, for the first time since Christmas.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
So I went to the Nintendo World store yesterday...
Amiibo Ultimate Collection.jpg

...it's probably a bigger variety of amiibo than I will see in stores my entire life...
...and they don't even have Meta Knight here...or the third party amiibo but Shulk and Rosalina are here

I WANT TO UNDERSTAND:cry::(:grrr:

Last edited:
Top Bottom