• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
YouTube and Tumblr have a lot of talk about him and I visit those sites a lot, so yeah, I see him everywhere I go on those sites. The Rosalina tag on Tumblr is 99% talk about him right now. It goes without saying that an actual Rosalina fan will see stuff about this situation more than someone who isn't.

And yes, you can compare them - the principle idea of what's happening is the same as the hypothetical, alternate 9/11 scenario I described (as 9/11 did not actually happen in the way I described) - person does bad thing and tries to avert the negative consequences by saying "it was a joke and I'm sorry", but does not do anything to fix or make up for the problem. I just provided an extreme example to drive the point home.

And I am perfectly entitled to voice my thoughts on something even if it doesn't effect me. I have my Rosalina Amiibo secured and will do the same for other Amiibos, but I still have every right to have a problem with what he's doing and update people on the current state of the situation (since most people were under the assumption that he didn't purchase any Amiibos in bulk due to his most recent video, but he's come out saying otherwise, so I'm updating people on that, and prompting them to be quick about it if they want to get a Rosalina Amiibo).
I don't use tumblr so I'll give you that. I go on youtube a lot and never heard any news about it. Maybe if I look up rosalina amiibos or something.

Ok I see your point about 9/11. Still don't think to go that far but ok.

While I do get what you're doing about Rosalina amiibo, keep in mind that it isn't just him you should be worried about. There are people out there who would buy a lot of amiibos and sell them. Maybe not 100 of the same amiibo, but quite several of them. Honestly he's probably only one of the people to do stuff like this, but he is more vocal about it (at least the mariotehplumber side of him whether you choose to believe him or not about his personality).

Honestly, I feel that he is just one of the people to buy and sell amiibos but the internet gets the word out and focuses on him rather than others because he was willing to pay thousands to get over 100 of a certain amiibo and almost half for other amiibos he has now. Don't get me wrong, he probably has the most amiibos than any scalpers could dream of, but I'm saying that he isn't the only guy to be worried about which a lot of people seem to act like he really is the only guy to worry about.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
MTP is the only one to be particularly worried about right now because he has more drive than most scalpers do, and is going to a particularly far extreme with his scalping.

In fact most people who scalp don't do so regularly, they just pick up a rare Amiibo when they see it and sell it off because they know it can make them a few bob. Usually they already have another figure for themselves.

Kokiris

Smash Cadet
MTP is the only one to be particularly worried about right now because he has more drive than most scalpers do, and is going to a particularly far extreme with his scalping.

In fact most people who scalp don't do so regularly, they just pick up a rare Amiibo when they see it and sell it off because they know it can make them a few bob. Usually they already have another figure for themselves.
Please stop arguing about things that's don't even exist :

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Please stop arguing about things that's don't even exist :

.....He's still literally said he's buying them all up out of hate though.

Heck, I actually posted that video earlier myself. But he never said he wasn't buying up Amiibos of characters he hates in that video, and has went out of his way to confirm that he still is.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The guy's pathetic and needs help. /discussion

Don't bring this topic up again, or spam warnings/infractions will be given out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97

I think I recall you looking for a UK seller with the Rosalina Amiibo. GameStop UK has her up:

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Wii U/Games/49247/nintendo-amiibo-super-smash-bros-rosalina

------

Also, is it possible to give Amazon pre-orders to other people if you don't want them anymore (as in, if they want the pre-order and you don't, you just switch the bank account and address of the pre-order to someone else)?

I was considering doing this with my Rosalina pre-order on Amazon Germany, because GameStop Ireland has her up for pre-order, meaning I can get her cheaper.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

I think I recall you looking for a UK seller with the Rosalina Amiibo. GameStop UK has her up:

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Wii U/Games/49247/nintendo-amiibo-super-smash-bros-rosalina

------

Also, is it possible to give Amazon pre-orders to other people if you don't want them anymore (as in, if they want the pre-order and you don't, you just switch the bank account and address of the pre-order to someone else)?

I was considering doing this with my Rosalina pre-order on Amazon Germany, because GameStop Ireland has her up for pre-order, meaning I can get her cheaper.
......YES OH MY GOD GRIEF YES :'D.....
Just one question are they reliable to buy from?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
......YES OH MY GOD GRIEF YES :'D.....
Just one question are they reliable to buy from?

I don't live in the UK so I don't know.

GameStop Ireland got me my GameCube Adapter Bundle for Smash Wii U though, and I'm considering getting Rosalina from them instead since it's cheaper than on Amazon.

Purio

Smash Cadet
I have all of wave 3 preordered at GameStop, here in the US, although my local GameStops were not taking preorders on Shulk. They said first come first serve, so I'm gonna go early to see if I an get him. The other stores won't take preorders on Meta Knight, Rosalina, and Lucario though, so I'll venture out to see if I an get them too that morning.

Kinda really wish there was a better way of grabbing them in the US. I hope I don't have to buy them overpriced online like I did with Pit, Mac, Villager, Marth, and Fox.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So any way to order Ike in America? I want to get him for Codename STEAM and Smash Bros.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I don't live in the UK so I don't know.

GameStop Ireland got me my GameCube Adapter Bundle for Smash Wii U though, and I'm considering getting Rosalina from them instead since it's cheaper than on Amazon.
So from your experience Gamestop Ireland was reliable. Fair play might just go for them :3
Oh and by the way can you order over the phone?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So from your experience Gamestop Ireland was reliable. Fair play might just go for them :3
Oh and by the way can you order over the phone?
I'd recommend just going with GameStop UK as it will be cheaper, but GameStop Ireland do actually ship to the UK if you can't get it off of GameStop UK.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
A few things to keep in mind with the going on launch day strategy as the retailer opens..

Some retailers break launch dates for the most part I think this is done unknowingly, like the stock kid or grandma doesn't know any better and just puts them out anyway. Not like they see a difference all amiibo look the same to the unsavy individual. So these amiibo may not be there launch day.

Another thing is some of the employees may sneek or purchase for themselves or have close friends buy certain amiibos, some retailers may never have rare amiibos hit the day of light.

You may have other ppl racing ahead of you and buying them all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just pre-ordered that Rosalina Amiibo from GameStop Ireland. Already got charged for it.

I still have that Amazon Germany pre-order for her though - again, if anyone knows if I can just change who it's addressed to and who pays for it, so I can just give the pre-order to someone else, please let me know ASAP.

If not, well, I guess I'll have a spare Rosalina to try and sell off.

EDIT:
UK & Ireland users may want to consider ShopTo for Amiibos. They have all of the upcoming Amiibos up for pre-order, at a very good price. I have ordered games from them before, they are reliable.

http://www.shopto.net/search/?platform=&newsearch=amiibo

@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 , this might interest you.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
A few things to keep in mind with the going on launch day strategy as the retailer opens..

Some retailers break launch dates for the most part I think this is done unknowingly, like the stock kid or grandma doesn't know any better and just puts them out anyway. Not like they see a difference all amiibo look the same to the unsavy individual. So these amiibo may not be there launch day.

Another thing is some of the employees may sneek or purchase for themselves or have close friends buy certain amiibos, some retailers may never have rare amiibos hit the day of light.

You may have other ppl racing ahead of you and buying them all.
I'm thinking about just ordering from Game.uk. They have pre-orders, and I'll get it at about the time it comes out here in America. I just don't think it's worth it to be there and get f***ed over. I don't want Ike or Megaman to be another Marth or Villager.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I just pre-ordered that Rosalina Amiibo from GameStop Ireland. Already got charged for it.

I still have that Amazon Germany pre-order for her though - again, if anyone knows if I can just change who it's addressed to and who pays for it, so I can just give the pre-order to someone else, please let me know ASAP.

If not, well, I guess I'll have a spare Rosalina to try and sell off.

EDIT:
UK & Ireland users may want to consider ShopTo for Amiibos. They have all of the upcoming Amiibos up for pre-order, at a very good price. I have ordered games from them before, they are reliable.

http://www.shopto.net/search/?platform=&newsearch=amiibo

@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 , this might interest you.
Do these guys ship to America?

MartianMedia

Smash Cadet
NNID
MartianMedia
3DS FC
5172-0483-1084
So as of right now, I'm almost 100% complete with the first two waves of amiibo. The only two I have to get yet are Captain Falcon and Little Mac. Of course that's going to be impossible to find in the wild lol.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
GS Ireland - No
Amazon Germany - Yes
ShopTo - They ship internationally, so I assume, Yes
Is Amazon France a reliable seller? I don't want to place an order just for it to be cancelled.

Essentially, where can I order an Ike Amiibo so it won't get cancelled?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is Amazon France a reliable seller? I don't want to place an order just for it to be cancelled.

Essentially, where can I order an Ike Amiibo so it won't get cancelled?
Amazon France is reliable. Heck, some people who ordered from them ALREADY got their orders for Wave 3.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik

------

Quick how much is that in US dollars. I may try to get it imported tonight.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Google "money converter".

I don't know off the top of my head and I'm on my phone.
$15
I may take a shot at it tonight if my parents are ok with me importing it and that their credit cards will be read properly in GameStop Ireland. Thank you so much for this heads up by the way. :)

Rokuro777

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shocking_Bawls
Is having an Amiibo really worth it? It seems like a glorified NPC which I already have access to, is the difference really warrant to buy one?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Is having an Amiibo really worth it? It seems like a glorified NPC which I already have access to, is the difference really warrant to buy one?
An AI that adapts/mimics to you. It will constantly force you to think of using new tactics against your opponents. You can become really adaptive with your play style & learn certain character matchups pretty well.

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
Just bought a diddy amiibo and im pretty dissapointed you cant play classic mode or all star mode with em.... that was the only reason i bought it.... like whats really then sense of having one? Just to play smash mode with?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Just bought a diddy amiibo and im pretty dissapointed you cant play classic mode or all star mode with em.... that was the only reason i bought it.... like whats really then sense of having one? Just to play smash mode with?
:c
An AI that adapts/mimics to you. It will constantly force you to think of using new tactics against your opponents. You can become really adaptive with your play style & learn certain character matchups pretty well.
Literally, Amiibos can't do Classic because they wouldn't be able to handle anything Master Hand, Crazy Hand, or Master Core could do, and they'd get wrekt.

Khao

Smash Lord
Coming from someone that has three of them and another two in preorders, there honestly isn't much point to amiibo if you're not interested in the actual figures. The kind of stuff they add to games, including Smash is usually extremely minor.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Seconding what @ Khao Khao said, it's really all about being able to collect little Nintendo (and capcom/sega/namco) characters. They're pretty neat (and seemingly fairly well-built) little things, though.

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
:c

Literally, Amiibos can't do Classic because they wouldn't be able to handle anything Master Hand, Crazy Hand, or Master Core could do, and they'd get wrekt.

I dont see why they wouldnt be able to atleast land a few hits on the hands or core i mean i dont really care if they didnt do that good just wish u could play with those modes its very disapointing.... i mean like what is there to do with em? What do you guys do with em?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I agree about using amiibos for classic. Or at least have an amiibo section where you can play classic/all star with them. I mean, amiibo should go far on classic for the most part, only sruggle would be the boss but they would eventually learn about the boss. It's not like the amiibo being ko'd would end your experience on classic mode anyway(Like in 2p classic where you can still play while one player is out). I don't see a real problem and I would play a lot more of smash if they were able to play other modes.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
(facepalm)
Amiibos would maybe learn what the Hands and Master Core could do.

And then guess what?

THAT'S ALL THEY WOULD KNOW.

They would be literally useless in any other type of fight except for the Master Core battle, it'd be dead weight until then.

Also, might I say that Amiibos would be useless against Master Core? There is no programming or adaptation they can learn that will tell them, "hey, you need to go inside of that and destroy the red orbs". No way. I'll give you guys All-Star, but I'm not giving you guys classic. It'd be straight up impossible for an Amiibo to do Classic Mode.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Well they can maybe not add in master fortress for an amiibo classic. Just like how there is no master fortress at all in 2p classic.

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
Well they can maybe not add in master fortress for an amiibo classic. Just like how there is no master fortress at all in 2p classic.
Yuuuup there is no reason why they couldnt add amiibo to classic it would make the things alot cooler and probably sell more if they could actually be used for somthing other than just looking cool on your dresser

RetrospectGaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
RetrospecGaming
3DS FC
2277-7596-2161
Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question, but how do you reset an amiibo? My Yoshi(my first Amiibo), sucks horribly, which is something as a Yoshi main I'd like to fix ASAP.
Go to system settings and there will be an amiibo section there, there is a option that says delete amiibo data (or something like that)

RetrospectGaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
RetrospecGaming
3DS FC
2277-7596-2161
Should I have opened my Wii Fit amiibo?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The thing is, though, is they wouldn't let me pre-order the Amiibo that were announced during the last Nintendo Direct. I went in 2 days after the Direct too.
Wave 4 amiibos aren't yet available in America.
If you are overseas, then I cannot aid you in this endeavor.

Top Bottom