• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Definitely going for: :4pacman::4charizard::4lucina::4ness:

Maybe Robin, don't care about Wario.

Kinda dumb they didn't announce the adaptor for the older 3DS models after interview. Also LMAO at them announcing more Marth amiibos after mine just shipped earlier today. Oh well.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Pac Man amiibo hype! :4pacman: Definitely getting all the smash ones as planned. Not sure if I will collect the super mario amiibo, that said I am definitely getting toad just to say I hve a figure of him.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Super Mario Amiibos and their packaging:

Also, larger images of the figures:

Also the new Smash Amiibos:

(Will add Wario when I get an image of him)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Kinda dumb they didn't announce the adaptor for the older 3DS models after interview. Also LMAO at them announcing more Marth amiibos after mine just shipped earlier today. Oh well.
I know the feeling. Like, the exact feeling.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Super Mario Amiibos and their packaging:

Also, larger images of the figures:

Also the new Smash Amiibos:

(Will add Wario when I get an image of him)
I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Eh, never liked how simplistic non-Smash Bros Peach looks, or her dress at least. I'll stick to Smash Peach Amiibo.
However, I like how Mario's and Luigi's look compared to the Smash ones.
Glad Marths are said to be restocked. I'll be getting all the Fire Emblem chaps for the Code Name Steam thing. Though for a handheld, it'll be pretty weird carrying those amiibos around, especially the FE ones with the bendable swords. I have a Link Amiibo at least and I definitely don't want to put it in my pocket. Also it looks like Female Robin won't be getting one. That's too bad.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On second thought, I may get Luigi instead of Yoshi, at least at first. He looks awesome, and it would be nice to have him in a less weird pose. Plus, the Smash Yoshi looks better than the Super Mario variant.

I could see myself collecting the Super Mario line if I become loaded and have money to blow, or probably getting some as birthday gifts even if I don't buy them (my mother always gets me Mario stuff on special occasions, even though it's not my favourite series :p).

Also, another thing I noticed is that the Mario Amiibos seem bigger on average, and none of them use stands. That's the added benefit they have of being able to choose whatever render they want, since Mario Party 10 doesn't have new solo renders of the characters, like Smash does.

The Rosalina Amiibo in the Super Mario collection seems based of this artwork, which probably won't require a stand like the Smash Bros one:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
HYPE :'D
Oh and also guys new Rosalina incoming :'3
Look closely at the board :4mario::4luigi::rosalina::4peach:
Oh and Rosalina in another new game confirmed for her first part appearance XD
If you pause at 0:29, you can also see a design for the mario wave :4dk: amiibo. So its safe to say SMB will have a 2nd wave with :rosalina::4dk: and :4wario:.
EDIT: heres a picture of him, sorry for the horrid quality.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have to wonder if Smash amiibos and Mario amiibos are interchangeable. I mean, for example... I have "Smash" Mario amiibo and I also have "Mario" Mario amiibo... can I use the "Mario" Mario amiibo in Smash? can I use the "Smash" Mario amiibo in Mario Party?

Kokiris

Smash Cadet
I have to wonder if Smash amiibos and Mario amiibos are interchangeable. I mean, for example... I have "Smash" Mario amiibo and I also have "Mario" Mario amiibo... can I use the "Mario" Mario amiibo in Smash? can I use the "Smash" Mario amiibo in Mario Party?
Yes

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If you pause at 0:29, you can also see a design for the mario wave :4dk: amiibo. So its safe to say SMB will have a 2nd wave with :rosalina::4dk: and :4wario:.
EDIT: heres a picture of him, sorry for the horrid quality.
Daisy and Waluigi amiibos confirmed. I saw them playable in Mario Party 10 even though I didn't see their amiibos.

Last edited:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Eh, never liked how simplistic non-Smash Bros Peach looks, or her dress at least. I'll stick to Smash Peach Amiibo.
However, I like how Mario's and Luigi's look compared to the Smash ones.
Glad Marths are said to be restocked. I'll be getting all the Fire Emblem chaps for the Code Name Steam thing. Though for a handheld, it'll be pretty weird carrying those amiibos around, especially the FE ones with the bendable swords. I have a Link Amiibo at least and I definitely don't want to put it in my pocket. Also it looks like Female Robin won't be getting one. That's too bad.
Robin's sword looked rather bent in particular. :troll:

Daisy and Waluigi amiibos confirmed. I saw them playable in Mario Party 10 even though I didn't see their amiibos.
Dang, looks like trying to collect multiple series of amiibo will leave you extra broke. Something worth thinking about.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
A Charizard Amiibo confirmed. I want one so I can name it Toothless (can anyone guess that reference?).

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
So I'll just sit here waiting for the eventual Fire Emblem Amiibo series and hopefully get my Anna Amiibo. Yep, should be in a few years...

It looks like Splatoon won't be getting Amiibo costumes either. Can we at least get an Inkling Amiibo?

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
A Charizard Amiibo confirmed. I want one so I can name it Toothless (can anyone guess that reference?).
Hell yes I can. How To Train Your Dragon. Love that film.

OMG. OMG. ROOOOOBIN. LUUUCINA. MY BABIES. NESS. OH MY LORDI. OH MY DAYS. MY POOR PURSE.

Off topic, but...

SOMEBODY HOLD ME. THAT NEW FIRE EMBLEM GAME OMFG.

J_Retribution

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I've got a question that could (probably) be easily answered.

If I feed my amiibo equipment, and it ends up having a negative speed (the green one of the three, I'm not sure what it is exactly) value, will it be slower than normal, or will it still be moving as per normal (i.e. as if it had a zero value)?

My gut feeling says it'll move slower, but I couldn't tell...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You can use the Smash Mario Amiibo in Mario Party, and vice versa.

However, if you already have Smash Bros data on the Mario Amiibo, you will have to delete it to use it in Mario Party, and vice versa. Mario Party writes data to the Amiibo like Smash does, and Amiibos can only hold data from one game (with the exception of Smash Wii U and 3DS utilising the same Amiibo data as each other, meaning you can use the same Amiibo data in both games).

Khao

Smash Lord
Lucina's amiibo looks kind of awesome, I'm super surprised, and I hope it actually looks like that IRL. Don't know if I'll be getting her, but it's still good to know, she seems to have a lot more detail than Marth.

Also, the Mario-line Luigi amiibo looks like a billion times better than the Smash Luigi. I'm actually tempted to get it now.

Those two are pretty much the only one that caught my attention. Either way, I already have more amiibo than I thought I would have when they first announced them haha, buying these stuff is strangely addictive. Releasing them in small waves is probably the reason, if they had been all released in one go I would probably only have one of them.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think the Smash Bros amiibo's will eventually be phased out.
With the series amiibos replacing them as mainstay amiibos.
They look more solid and durable.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
The Robin Amiibo looks just as good as I hoped it would. I'm a little surprised at Lucina being in Wave 4 though. I'd have thought they'd do all the starter characters first. Ness at least makes a bit more sense since he's the only rep for his series.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Am I the only one who thinks Lucina's face looks really off?

I didn't expect it to perfectly go 1:1 with the in-game model, but she looks really..."kawaii" with those big eyes. More so than Peach. And combined with the way her head is tilted, she looks out of character and overly adorable. It's like she's trying to get Robin senpai to notice her.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Really hope we see them soon, for one reason and one reason only.

Definitely getting Wario and Ness on day 1. Even though I like overalls Wario more, it'll be nice to have one piece of biker Wario merch.

Khao

Smash Lord

If I feed my amiibo equipment, and it ends up having a negative speed (the green one of the three, I'm not sure what it is exactly) value, will it be slower than normal, or will it still be moving as per normal (i.e. as if it had a zero value)?

It'll be slower and also have shorter jumps. Or at least that's the case with custom characters who use the same stats, I'm guessing amiibos work the same.

You should try to aim for them to have all stats with positive values, if possible.

Am I the only one who thinks Lucina's face looks really off?

I didn't expect it to perfectly go 1:1 with the in-game model, but she looks really..."kawaii" with those big eyes. More so than Peach. And combined with the way her head is tilted, she looks out of character and overly adorable. It's like she's trying to get Robin senpai to notice her.

It doesn't look quite like it should, but I really like the result anyway. Usually, when they mess up an amiibo's face, it ends up with a hilariously derpy look that really can't be taken seriously no matter how hard you try. Lucina just looks kinda different, but not bad by any means. Still waiting to see her IRL, though.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Ordered a Pit today. With him, Marth on the way, and Shulk/Ike pre-ordered I'm basically set for the ones I really want till wave 4.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

Trust me, I get it with Marth. Mine is arriving from Germany in 3 days :p Still, I'm super glad more people will be able to get Marth, now.

As for no announcement on a 3DS Amiibo dongle? I'm not surprised. Nothing must stand in the way of the NEW 3DS launch window, you see. It'd steal some thunder to debut it now.

Lucina is the one I want the most, but I'll get all of them.

I'm not buying any non-Smash Amiibo yet. When the NEW FIRE EMBLEM GAME COMES OUT (WOO!), Maybe I'll get a few of those, if they make any. An Abraham Lincoln Amiibo from Project STEAM also would be a must-have (!!), but we'll see what happens.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Toad's amiibo launches on my birthday and he is my all time favorite Mario character o:
I'll be getting his amiibo, the others in the Mario series I don't think I'll bother with. I wonder how I'm supposed to arrange my figures now .-. (also, Toad is probably the only amiibo that doesnt work with Smash)
As for Wave 4...
Will be getting Robin's, Lucina's I'm not too sure. Hearing more Marth amiibo coming sounds interesting, I wonder if that's the same for Villager (or maybe they'll be saving that if they announce Animal Crossing Wii U amiibo....)

Also, I wonder: would an FP data work in both versions without having to be erased? It would be convenient if you could use the same amiibo data in both versions.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Well, as much as i wanted a Wario Amiibo, I guess it's pretty safe to assume that fans of the traditional yellow scoundrel will wait for the Mario line one, which will inevitably come (note how the smash wario amiibo is announced compatible with MP10, giving him his own board. A MP10 one is basically guaranteed!).

So yeah, waiting for Mario amiibos, wave 2!

Also, the ND today really convinced me with where amiibos can go. The inclusion of FE characters in project STEAM is genius and a great reason to own an amiibo! More of that!

Last edited:

Azuni

Smash Rookie

Yes, negative speed decreases walking speed, and also decreases jump height.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
My current amiibo collection:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4samus::4pit::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu:

Still searching for (if still available in stores):
:4littlemac::4falcon:

Might never get:
:4marth::4villager::4wiifit:

Currently saving $150 for Wave 3 (try to get store exclusives first ASAP):
:4bowser::rosalina::4sheik::4tlink::4myfriends::4dedede::4metaknight::4lucario::4shulk::4megaman::4sonic:
Marth has been confirmed to get more stock in the US in preparation for Codename Steam, so you're in luck pal

Azuni

Smash Rookie
Bought :4samus::4samus: (2 weeks apart, to test different training methods)
Pre-ordered :4lucario:and:rosalina:from Amazon Italy after seeing all the sold-out stuff over here in the USA.
Only other two I'm looking forward to are :4palutena:and :4zss: eventually.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'm not touching the Mario line. It's too much money. I will get the Toad amiibo, though. For display purposes only.

R.I.P my wallet if there's a Fire Emblem amiibo line up.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I just noticed the Mario series Rosalina amiibo in the MP10 Amiibo trailer. So it's safe to say DK, Rosalina, and Wario will be getting their own Mario series amiibo. It's interesting though since I wonder if that will make the Smash Rosalina a little less harder to get, it's also a good alternate for people who can't find a Smash Rosalina amiibo. I'll still be gunning for Smash Rosalina, as it has Luma :3

ErenJager

Smash Champion
you guys ordering from germany, have you noticed any differences in the amiibo figures besides the packaging?
(Compared to the NA figures, they're both made in china so they shouldn't be different right?)

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Why do people want a Pokemon line? Even if they only had the final stage of each evolution that's still like 300 amiibo - I don't think anyone's wallet is ready for that unless they're Bill Gates.

Plus there was that Rumble U NFC stuff that went on a while back.

Out of the Wave 4 amiibo, my favorites look-wise are Ness and Charizard. They just hit it on the nose with those two.

Top Bottom