• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Good luck you guys!

Here in the UK, the Nintendo UK store put up the wave with Palutena and the others yesterday and they all sold out in less than half an hour.

I am part of a Streetpass group, so occasionally someone will decide to sell individually or part of a group their amiibos. You guys may want to join an amiibo group on Facebook perhaps.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ugh, you can't even go to sleep anymore without missing out. This wave is way more ridiculous than the rest - is it because Nintendo made no stock, or because 90% of people are scalpers now...?

I really hope all the stores are just limiting their stock out of habit, and they actually get a decent shipment in.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I imported all of my wave 4 amiibos and was lucky enough to secure a Jigglypuff on Target when they went live, but that's about it, wasn't really interested in the Splatoon pack :ohwell:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
LMAO only just now noticed Walmart had there's up. Oh well.

You really can't sleep anymore if you want to collect these things. I just want to know why stores go with 3am EST/12am PST instead of 12am EST/9pm PST.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Squid Boy gets no love and is still up for pre-order. Nintendo takes notice and assumes that all amiibo aren't as popular as previous waves and decides to make even less in the future. /badfuture

On another note, got Charizard for me, as well Lucina and Robin in case one of my friends miss their pre-order opportunities. Though looking at this new photo of them the derp from there faces seems to be removed, probably wouldn't mind keeping them.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Finally got a Splatoon pack on Walmart :ness: It turned out to be a great day after all :grin:

EDIT: Splatoon pack is now sold out, Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy are still up on Walmart.com

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So my boy managed to possibly get me a Charizard. Not gonna get my hopes up yet

I see that Pacman and Wario seem to be the most common of this wave

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, you can't even go to sleep anymore without missing out. This wave is way more ridiculous than the rest - is it because Nintendo made no stock, or because 90% of people are scalpers now...?

I really hope all the stores are just limiting their stock out of habit, and they actually get a decent shipment in.
The only ones that seem worth scalping are Lucina, Robin, Jigglypuff (and ONLY because of exclusivity), and Ness (same as Jiggs + would have been uncommon anyway probably)
The other ones shouldnt be this hard to get. Maybe it'll be easier when they're actually out

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I feel most of wave 4 wont be to hard to find once they are actually out.

I remember worrying this much about wave 3 but thats around when the harbor strike ended and now I can find wave 3 everywhere.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Maybe that depends on where you live; I'm in southern Canada, and I still haven't seen half of wave three on shelves (I've never seen Rosalina, Ike, Shulk, Meta Knight, or Dedede on sale, and Rosalina isn't even an exclusive in Canada!).

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I am always up at 3-5 because I like being alone when I'm getting ready for school. And just to usually check any news on anything and everything.

So it was quite nice to see the splatoon pack available. I was able to order it so I'm now officially satisfied with the amiibos I have...I'm not satisfied with how Nintendo handled all of this of course, but at least I myself can stop being completely upset about how hard these things are to get.

So I now have Pikachu, Rosalina, and all three inklings. Having 5 will make displaying them much more fun and lovely. <3

I'm going to see if I can get Jigglypuff on launch day and also see if I can get Shulk when it is my birthday since I'll have spending cash.

Other then that, I have no idea what else I want. Until I start seeing more nintendo themed sets, I might be done after Shulk.

Like, seeing Bandana Dee or Isabelle amiibos would easily bring me back.

D

Deleted member

So I missed out on pre-orders again! Why do retailers always have to open pre-orders at times where most people are actually sleeping? D:
I'm seriously getting more salty and my Sheik and Zelda amiibos are so lonely on my shelf they need more friends.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I'm kind of satisfied with my collection for now.
:4bowser::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4myfriends:
:4kirby::4link::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4marth:
:4megaman::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink:
:4villager::4wiifit::4zelda::4yoshi::4pikachu::4peach:

The only ones I'm missing are the extremely rare ones (:4falcon::4littlemac::rosalina::4pit:) I already pre-ordered :4pacman::4charizard: but I feel like Ness will be very hard to find.
Note that Rosalina is not even a exclusive where I live and I have yet to see ANY of those rare Amiibos on shelves.

Here's hope Nintendo will wake up and make more stock/money.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Amiibos I have:

:4bowser::4falcon::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda:

Super Mario: Mario, Luigi, Gold Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Bowser

Imported and Pre-Ordered: :4charizard::4lucina::4ness::4pacman::4robinm::4wario:

Pre-Ordered: :4jigglypuff: SPLATOON 3 PACK

Might get later: :4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4lucas::4mewtwo::4rob:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Lucina and Robin will become rare. They got at least 2 months of production, so I bet they'll be as common as other Amiibos. I can see Ness, Jigglypuff and Greninja becoming a problem though, especially Jigglypuff.

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
I don't think Lucina and Robin will become rare. They got at least 2 months of production, so I bet they'll be as common as other Amiibos. I can see Ness, Jigglypuff and Greninja becoming a problem though, especially Jigglypuff.
I hate being pessimistic, but two months doesn't mean anything. That means that they were produced for at least one day during that month. They could have been made on December 31st and January 1st with no other production and the certificates would still say 2 months. Additionally, Marth was listed for 2 months while Sonic was only listed for 1.

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
Wave 4 has just been crazy. Sadly I missed the Ness amiibo last week when orders went up at gamestop. I missed it by 4 hours [damnit college...why must you force me to miss these kinds of things.] However I went down to my gamestop yesterday because I felt like picking up Super Mario 3D World and the manager of the store was there. I've been on pretty good terms with everyone there for the past 3 years and they pretty much all know me by name. I felt super bad that he couldn't get me a pit amiibo when they came out [even though I told them multiple times it wasn't their fault it was mine] and he flat out told me to come down to the store when wave 4 launches and he'd give me his Ness that he managed to preorder because "he isn't going to use it." So I guess i'm going to luck out and not have to import one. I think it also had something to do with the fact that I wore my smash 4 Ness / Lucas shirt there.

In other news I guess I can show off my collection so far. When I got SM3DW I also picked up a Luigi from the Super Mario line. I don't really feel the need to get any other ones from that set besides toad since I already have all of them in the smash set, I just felt like having an in box Luigi and I like that Luigi pose SOOOO much better. Not in the picture I also have a second still boxed Sonic because my dad found one and didn't know I already had it [bless his heart he's trying so hard to help fuel my addiction. Shoutouts to dad.] So i've been hunting around craigslist trying to see if I could maybe find someone who would be willing to trade for it.

Kinda a crappy image quality but all of them are:
:4pikachu::4samus::4sonic::4megaman::4dk::4yoshi::4diddy::4kirby::4bowser::4marth::4myfriends::4shulk::4peach::4mario::4luigi::4zelda::4sheik::4link::4tlink:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't get Mario, DK, and Piakchu from Littlewoods from before the Easter. Package got lost apparently. Got a full refund though.

I might buy them tomorrow. I only ordered them from Littlewoods because they were cheaper there, I can find them just fine at Argos and Smyths. Then again, I might keep my money for Wave 4 this Friday. Just in case anyone besides Charizard and Wario is around. I mean, I should be able to afford all of them either way, but I like feeling secure. I can just wait until next week for Mario, DK, and Pikachu, since I'll probably get a grant payment then anyway.

Friday is leaving me anxious though, ugh. I would really rather not having to rely on Play-Asia. I'm hoping at least Pac-Man shows up.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I saw a Rosalina in person recently and man do I regret not getting one. It's suuuuuuper nice quality, not to mention gigantic. If an SMB version is made I'll definitely try to pick it up.

Also on the topic of actually using amiibo, my friend made a Bowser with an Attack and Def+ and Spd-, while also giving it passive healing, healing on hit, and healing on perfect block. It is a monster. No one in our group beat it 1v1 that day. The def+ buffs his Tough Guy trait so he just walk through multi-hits and even the strongest attacks don't send him anywhere. The only way we beat him is to constantly run and shoot him, gimp, or double team it.

D

Deleted member

There's some speculation going around that the Marth amiibos will be live for pre-ordering at 3am EST on the TRU website.
Can't say for certain though but it's worth checking out if y'all still want Marth.
I'll edit this post when I find more information.

Might as well stay up until then and see since I'm so restless and can't sleep.

EDIT: TRU removed the page for some reason. Sorry about that guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
Just today my friend told me that in Australia, there's rumors about a stock shortage in Wave 4 amiibo so some people may not get their Wave 4 amiibos down here. We're most likely in the safe zone if we pre-ordered, however... so I'm hoping I do wind-up getting my Wave 4's on Saturday.

Khao

Smash Lord
Man, some of you guys area really dedicated. I only got like five and I already feel like I've spent far more money than I should have on these things. =P (Knowing me, I still will probably end up getting more though).

I almost wish amiibos weren't so much fun to collect.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

THREE FULL ROWS YEAH

Also ShopTo has Lucina and Robin for pre-order (no Ness, but they should have the other three), and they ship on Wednesday (the release is Friday in the UK). I nabbed one of each for myself, so I'll look into cancelling the Play-Asia order I have if they arrive. I'll be annoyed I paid extra if I do see them on shelves on Friday, though.

Also, most DK Amiibos I see look really derpy, but mine looks perfect. I seem to get really lucky with the quality of these things, even my Diddy doesn't look derpy.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Welp, Smashboards stopped notifying me of updates on this thread for a while. Totally missed it.

Honestly though, outside of Jpuff and Greninja, I just need a second Pac-Man so my g/f can have her main.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

THREE FULL ROWS YEAH

Also ShopTo has Lucina and Robin for pre-order (no Ness, but they should have the other three), and they ship on Wednesday (the release is Friday in the UK). I nabbed one of each for myself, so I'll look into cancelling the Play-Asia order I have if they arrive. I'll be annoyed I paid extra if I do see them on shelves on Friday, though.

Also, most DK Amiibos I see look really derpy, but mine looks perfect. I seem to get really lucky with the quality of these things, even my Diddy doesn't look derpy.

nice collection definitly should post mine here soon

Top Bottom