• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amidst all of this Sonic madness, I found some things.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
When Sonic is fighting at Skyworld, focus on Mario. He doesn't take off his FLUDD pack when the ground collapses under him. This confirms that he has his FLUDD on all of the time, which means that aerial FLUDD shots are now very, VERY likely and the lag on such attacks would be minimal.

Also, air dodging in any direction is also confirmed, as Peach does so during the 2nd movie near the begining at Delfino Plaza. This pretty much kicks off one of the last few arguements that are anti-wavedash. In fact, Peach air dodges SO CLOSE to the ground, it may even be a waveland. Can someone call that one for me?

One last thing I figured is that you don't have to "pick up' a Smash Ball to use it. As shown in the movie, Fox uses his Side B (Which is confirmed to be the Fox Illusion, now) to grab the Smash Ball. This pretty much ensures that what Sakurai said since Day 1 "They can only be once" may stand some merit.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I saw so many things people missed becuse of sonic and i KNOW I missed over half the info in their.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also Lucas has at least different specials than Ness, 1 different special in the least

gnosis

Smash Lord
Sonic uses what appears to be his up+B from the ground and doesn't enter the falling animation; he's falling normal and uses some kick thing without touching the ground in-between. It's on the Skyworld part in the Sonic trailer.

Strange...

PurpleStuff

Smash Apprentice
Sonic uses what appears to be his up+B from the ground and doesn't enter the falling animation; he's falling normal and uses some kick thing without touching the ground in-between. It's on the Skyworld part in the Sonic trailer.

Strange...
Yeah, I saw that too. Maybe it's just Sonic's dair? It might be another footstool-esque thing, though, like where all the characters have a "butt-stomp" like move that they can just use in air.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Even if it was his dair, that wouldn't change the fact that in Melee such a thing couldn't happen, that is, using a recovery Up+B -> any move without landing first, excluding Peach.

Assuming that his spring-move-that-sends-him-flying-up is his Up+B, of course.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Even if it was his dair, that wouldn't change the fact that in Melee such a thing couldn't happen, that is, using a recovery Up+B -> any move without landing first, excluding Peach.

Assuming that his spring-move-that-sends-him-flying-up is his Up+B, of course.
Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, you can use UP-Bs from the ground without being helpless afterwards. Think about it, it WOULD help out the air game and it would open hella doors for comboing.

Doubtful but it would be nice. ^_^

gnosis

Smash Lord
Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, you can use UP-Bs from the ground without being helpless afterwards. Think about it, it WOULD help out the air game and it would open hella doors for comboing.

Doubtful but it would be nice. ^_^
Hence the "in Melee" part of my post, implying something has changed.

;D I'm with you on that idea.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
when I saw charizard I thought it was mt battle from pokemon colleseum and notice wario and torchic (by the way torchic and snorlax confirmed) it looks like some kind of metroid stage and in the end of the trailer it looks like everybody has a personal entrance again

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
It's the stage under the fire emblem castle.

Top of Castle.
Middle Room.
Lava pit.
Nope, there aren't any purple caves with green alien growths in any Fire Emblem I've played. And the platform is very sci-fi looking. I'd say that it's Norfair, without a doubt in my mind.

There are a few shots of another new stage as well--looks to be an Ice Climber's stage, thanks to the visible aurora borealis.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
when I saw charizard I thought it was mt battle from pokemon colleseum and notice wario and torchic (by the way torchic and snorlax confirmed) it looks like some kind of metroid stage and in the end of the trailer it looks like everybody has a personal entrance again
Also Kyogre.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
It looks like ICs are on a new stage, too. It looks like Dark Aether to me...

And that definitely is a Metroid stage Charizard is on. Look at the little round cylinder things in the background. Same as those in Brinstar in Melee.

And not to mention that it looks like Peach has a new move similar to Jiggs's ^B...

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
My theory has been that you press down b to take out Mario's FLUDD and then you get to move around with it. All your b moves then are switched to incorporate the FLUDD, except if you press down b again it will put it away. This also goes for Zamus, where she switches between different settings like her whip or laser.

Also, I think Link or Zelda uses a fairy at the end of the trailer. Maybe a taunt? Maybe an item that heals you?

BossNasty73

Smash Cadet
peach might be doing a falling N-air with a smaller hitbox instead of an airdodge. I think i can see her hands outstretched

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
If you look very closely at Mario on the Metal Gear stage, it looks like he's wavedashing on the second platform...maybe it's just me though.

EDIT: This is in the Sonic focused trailer.

ShadowDragonG

Smash Cadet
I dont think Peach is wavedashing in the trailer, after hitting Pit. I think she uses her N. Air, and it just looks like an airdodge.

Lemme go check again though...
Yeah.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I posted in the brawl character discussion comments about the Goombas... will there be original enemies in SSE or do we have a seperate adventure mode as well?

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Other things I noticed:

1. Obtaining the Smash Ball is much like a star... you just need to pass through it.
2. New character taunts. That move that Lucas was doing looked more like a "fireworks" taunt. He's also got a higher, more childish voice than Ness.
3. Peach's hip doesn't explode anymore.
4. Mario retains his Cape.
5. Bowser if frickin' hooge.
6. 2 new apparent areas: An ice one, and a fire one. Whether they're originals or extensions of others, who knows.
7. DK is also frickin' hooge.
8. Mario has 2 taunts- one of Growth shown in a previous update, the other where he taunts with Sonic.
9. Character-specific entrances seem apparent; Sonic's, Pit's, and previously Snake's.

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
Just after it says' Sonic Joins the Brawl!!' Sonic spin dashes mario. The first time he bounces backwards after hitting mario.
The second time he still hits mario but he goes through him, and then upwards! he does this quick enough to be in the air ready to hit mario again.

EDIT: I also think you keep the smashball after you die, when Fox used <b to get the smashball he looks like he is not going to make it to the other side and maybe falls and dies, but then just after we are shown him using his final smash on the same level.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
EDIT: I also think you keep the smashball after you die, when Fox used <b to get the smashball he looks like he is not going to make it to the other side and maybe falls and dies, but then just after we are shown him using his final smash on the same level.
You can grab the edge in Eldin. I think that's what he did.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Myst007_teh_newb
When Sonic is fighting at Skyworld, focus on Mario. He doesn't take off his FLUDD pack when the ground collapses under him. This confirms that he has his FLUDD on all of the time, which means that aerial FLUDD shots are now very, VERY likely and the lag on such attacks would be minimal.
What do you mean he has it on all the time? We've seen him without it.

Mysteryfox1
(by the way torchic and snorlax confirmed)
Don't forget Kyogre.

the_grin_lizard
And not to mention that it looks like Peach has a new move similar to Jiggs's ^B...
I think that's just one of her taunts. I think everyone has 4 taunts this time.

SeriousPhatage
My theory has been that you press down b to take out Mario's FLUDD and then you get to move around with it. All your b moves then are switched to incorporate the FLUDD, except if you press down b again it will put it away.
It says on the site that down B charges it.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
2. New character taunts. That move that Lucas was doing looked more like a "fireworks" taunt. He's also got a higher, more childish voice than Ness.
The "fireworks" may be an upgraded PK Flash, thus further implying that he might be replacing Ness. You never know. It does kinda look like a taunt though, the more I look at it.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
i ike these observations keep it up people, also there is air dodgeing, im not sure witch video it is but when their fighting in snake's stage you see someone air dodge to avoid yoshi's fire breath.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Also, air dodging in any direction is also confirmed, as Peach does so during the 2nd movie near the begining at Delfino Plaza. This pretty much kicks off one of the last few arguements that are anti-wavedash. In fact, Peach air dodges SO CLOSE to the ground, it may even be a waveland. Can someone call that one for me?
To me it looks like its her using her NAir. But yes directional air doding IS confirmed but it wasnt Peach who did it! In the Sonic Joins the Brawl trailer if you watch Mario during the fight scene at Shadow Moses Island he air dodges down to the left to avoid the warp star Sonic picks up :p

Kel

Smash Master
Sonic appears able to jump cancel his spin attack. He also has a pretty decent grab range from when he grabs DK. Oddly, Sonic is both super fast AND floaty from what it looks like.

YOSHI HAS WINGS ON THE SNAKE LEVEL. Haha, maybe he ate a blue shell?

Yeah, it's going to be like all sonic dittos in tournaments for the first 5 or so months of the game and then everyone will be like "This sucks" and play a different character. Much like how people quit playing sheik.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I noticed that kirby's final cutter move is significantly faster than before. Also, sonics spin attack is like a very overpowerd version of jiggs' rollout and what appears to be sonics bair and uair are similar to samus' attacks. Also is it just me or does it look like Smashville is a moving stage like delfino plaza?

JJJ

Smash Rookie
What is the stage where Sonic and Mario are taunting? It looks to be gameplay footage of sorts, even if staged. That green scenery and the green in the background when you click the video would make one think it might be a Green Hill Zone level. Sorry if I am missing something kind of big in my assumption.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Also, Wario + Torchick is the Samus stage.
Ice Climbers taunt: Some Aurora Beaorialus Stage ( not sure if battlefield or not)
Squirtle: Purple cloud arena? (maybe MK halberd, but I need to look back at screens)
Charizard: Some Fire stage...could be Loz:TP fire stage though...

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
hmm well its basically confirmed that there will be more than one taunt for each character a trophey of dixe kong next to a diddy kong trophy could mean something also the new stage charazard is on and the sonic springy item also seems be in

Top Bottom