• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Amazon leaked....

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Why is Sakurai doing this? Smash bros Wii U will destroy all my social relations with people who don't play video games. A mix of smash bros and mario party will destroy my relations with gaming people. We're all doomed.
The less time you waste with other people the more time you have to buy and play Nintendo games. It's a brilliant strategy.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Hey what if the mode is called Smash Boards? :^)

For reals I can see it being called Smash World... I think.

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'd love it if by "creating stages on the GamePad" it means you can draw terrain using the gamepad. It'd make it much easier to recreate beloved stages like Hyrule Temple and things if you could actually map them out yourself instead of having to use just drag-and-drop blocks.

Either way, I'm hoping that since Stage Builder is a Wii U exclusive feature that it'll make the most of the hardware. Brawl SB was limited mostly thanks to the Wii's puny hardware, but the Wii U is more than capable of a great editor if the 3DS isn't holding it back.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Anyone notice the really small character selection screenshot? That's a very small roster compared to the starting 35 we got on the 3DS.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Anyone notice the really small character selection screenshot? That's a very small roster compared to the starting 35 we got on the 3DS.
That's from the E3 build. Likely Amazon got the wrong snapshot of the character select screen.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Mario Party isn't exactly a conventional board game.

My theory on how this will work is that you'll roll the dice, land on a square, and something will change about your character - you might get some stat boosts, get an item you can take into the next battle, perhaps get to play a challenge room for a chance at bigger prizes, or even lose some stats or take some kind of penalty for the next challenge. Then once everyone has rolled, there'll be some kind of showdown between the players where the winner gets points / more boosts / some other kind of victory thing.

The game either wins when someone wins enough challenges, or when the turns are up there's some kind of super climactic final showdown to take the whole thing. Something like that.

Last edited:

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You knows guys, I have a feeling that Master Orders and Crazy Orders are basically the new Event Matche--

It just sounds like events under a different name to me...
Yeah, what he said. D:

Also, Smash Party? you mean all of the Trophies we've collected FINALLY have an actual purpose now? Does this mean we can choose whichever one we want??

Cause if so... *slowly looks at the Blaze trophy* ...Ooooh yeaaah~ <3

I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this mode. I hope it's just as salt filled and tear inducing as Mario Party, if not more. XD

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
We can't say how this mode will really be like.
I don't see that this is just another way for event matches. It would be really cheap. Besides, there is still audio from the announcer saying "Event Match". I really think there are still the classic event matches and the Orders are really special and different. :3

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
As someone who enjoys board games, I approve of this.

I wouldn't mind if it was a better version of that Mario Party 5 bonus mode (the one hosted by Mamar) Just bigger and more Smashish.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Is there still someone out there convinced that the WiiU version is not the better one?
Humor me.

Last edited:

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
Oh lawd. If this is a Mario Party type mode with a smash bros twist PLUS a stage editor, Ima need to find some money for a Wii U real quick....

HiNiTe

Smash Cadet
I don't know, all of those hidden announcer clips seem that they could very well be in the Wii U version, including "Event Match." We can't rule anything out with a somewhat vague description of the mode.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Stage Builder confirmed? Will Master & Crazy Orders be the new event mode? And will the board game mode be like Mario Party? Ah! This is gonna be awesome.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
In my head, the final Crazy Hand Challenge is something ridiculously easy.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Is there still someone out there convinced that the WiiU version is not the better one?
Humor me.
A certain xSoul comes to mind. ¦D

Master Order: Defeat 10 lv 9 Ganons at once.

Crazy Order: Defeat 10 lv 9.0 Master Cores at once.
Actually, if you've got a character who can counter, that'd probably be a piece of cake. XD

Lucina~ <3

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
How does this kill the TOS leak though? can someone explain?
People are saying this because it doesn't bring up a tower mode or anything like how tos was described.

Though people have to realize this is just a sales guy writing this not anybody on staff or Nintendo themselves. Hell they have a picture from the demo build as the roster and they called sonic and PAC Nintendo characters

I don't think it kills the leak but it certainly doesn't help it either.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
We'll know Ridley's fate November 21st. Put simply if he IS a boss there's zero chance he's playable DLC because I doubt Sakurai will consider him now after the fact.

Character DLC is so highly likely as to be as laughable as that youtube video you linked. The real question is... who will it be?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
That's more of a world map than a board game.
It's a leak :troll:

Gematsu said Chrom was in the roster, well, he's in the game at least.
Tower of Smash leak listed two stages, but under different names.
These are possible signs of people reading a piece of info and not knowing it and interpreting it the way they see it.

Whatever everything is blah blah blah. Smash Wii U is going to be be(a)st.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Board Game mode? That actually sounds fun to be honest. I kinda like the idea of Super Smash Party and I guess it's sort of happening!

I really want to know how this plays out. Ugh, I want a Nintendo Direct to be announced already!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So Master Order and Crazy Order are just the new version of those challenge things from the past games?

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Yaaay! I'm glad it's confirmed. I'm guessing the challenges by Master and Crazy Hand are like the events. It has to be at least as good as Brawl in terms of content.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Actually, reading the sentence again there's a word that stands out. "Competing in challenges." Seems to imply it'll be multiplayer events of some sort.

Top Bottom