• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing projectile based Link

Force

Smash Apprentice
smasher used to beat aniki regularly, i'm so excited he's back on the scene, best brawl link i've seen yet =) look up smasher's other videos they are even scarier in one he does 45* rang and on backswing does AAA jab to knock them into rang and then shorthops-Dair to kill a yoshi at exactly 100%.... was so perfect i almost crapped my pants.

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
I've collected his vids against ROB for people to find easier. My comments of him are below.

Link vs. Rob 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pb4jWvXInGM&feature=related

Link vs. Rob 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-QIdIicTr_s&feature=related

Link vs. Rob 3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0I9A***MM&feature=related

Smasher has a very good all around game and anticipates the ROB very well. I play a lot of ROBs and this one was definitely no pushover. Here's what I think Smasher did very well;

- his Dair game was very good. He was rarely punished for it. There was one instance where he chased after the ROB as if pretending to do an Uair, but instead did a Dair and connected after the airdodge ended. Brilliant mindgame/strategy. Doesn't work everytime, I'm sure, but great to mix it up.

- His aerial down throw bomb game is very good as well. He carried that over from his Melee days.

- His fastfalling mindgames tricked the ROB out several times. The ROB rarely ever connected with his laser, and his gyro missed a ton of times.

- His Zair game was pretty admirable as well.

- His jab-lock was a surprise, but sexy as hell.

- This video came out over a month ago. I guess the Japanese have advanced this game a lot further than we thought. We need more videos of these guys!

Ark098

Smash Cadet
- his Dair game was very good. He was rarely punished for it. There was one instance where he chased after the ROB as if pretending to do an Uair, but instead did a Dair and connected after the airdodge ended. Brilliant mindgame/strategy. Doesn't work everytime, I'm sure, but great to mix it up.

- His aerial down throw bomb game is very good as well. He carried that over from his Melee days.

- His fastfalling mindgames tricked the ROB out several times. The ROB rarely ever connected with his laser, and his gyro missed a ton of times.

- His Zair game was pretty admirable as well.

- His jab-lock was a surprise, but sexy as hell.

- This video came out over a month ago. I guess the Japanese have advanced this game a lot further than we thought. We need more videos of these guys!
totally agreed and his technique of always having a bomb in the air and using the air-dodge to zair (either to attack or tether) to get back to the ground safely (and then hiff said bomb) worked really well.

good call about the japanese players too. it does bug me a little that some people prematurely claim their idols to be the best ______ player in the world without that consideration. an exception being maybe aurashade. im new here but aparently he can win a match before the stage selection screen?

O_____o

Top Bottom