• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who likes tripping?

P.E

Smash Apprentice
Noone compels you to dash!
Just kidding. It´s kinda funny and annoying at the same time. I wonder if it´s completely random or not.

P.E

Smash Apprentice
It's no longer a punishment for messing up in some way-- it's a punishment for nothing at all.
Although you´re kinda right, this statement is not completely true. Someone who spends more time in the air is less likely to trip. This might be another attempt to encourage people to jump more often.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Everybody seems to be angry about the new addition of characters randomly tripping when they are dashing. I see this as something that adds more realism to the game. I know that other fighting games don't have tripping. I also know that some of you will probably say that video games are video games and they aren't to have real world physics. I know that the stuff that happens in Brawl is completely impossible in the real world, but I believe that tripping is a good addition to Brawl.

The only time that you could really get punished for tripping is when you trip right infront of your opponent and they react fast enough and attack you. If you think about it, your opponent doesn't now that you are going to trip, so they also have to react to the fact that you tripped. This could actually be a free hit for the person who tripped, if your opponent doesn't react fast enought. On the other hand, this could mean a KO for you opponent if you're at a high percentage.

I believe that tripping will add a little bit more mindgames into Brawl.

The only thing I need now is a flame shield.
I going to love tripping. Adds mindgames and embarrassment to Brawl :laugh: Ohh yea want a Flame shield?? Got one for you

Get it while their hot :laugh:

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you I've always wanted something like that added to a game.
I'm with you and glad you made this thread.
Congrats!
Thanks! I've finally found somebody who supports me 100%!

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Realism reasoning is dumb.

You can't mindgame trips when you can't even control when you trip. Also, what if you air trip? -1 Stock. (Unless that video proof was proven to be false)

InSaNiTy

Smash Cadet
[sarcasm] In addition to tripping i propose characters get heart attacks if they fight too intensely[/sarcasm]

_NeXuS_

Smash Cadet
I understand the randomness issue because of tourneys and all, but lets be honest. The tourney scene accounts for about 0.00001% of the smash players out there. For everyone else, this is still a party game.

Like I said, I can understand the frustration of a trip leading to a free kill, especially when moneys on the line....

lChaosl

Smash Cadet
How exactly does it allow for more mindgames? Mindgames are done intentionally to trick an opponent. How can you trip on purpose to trick someone? Really wish it was an option like items, I don't like randomness. 2 people are at 150%, one trips and the other KOs. Where was the skilled play there?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Have you ever seen a real fight? No one trips, ever. The only time you see tripping is when two very uncoordinated people fight, anime, and when people try to fight on a very trip-able surface.

What random tripping does is help weaken the game completive ability and help limit what we can do in mid game. It's Sakuria way of killing the competitive spirit that he so dislike.

GuMz

Smash Apprentice
Have you ever seen a real fight? No one trips, ever. The only time you see tripping is when two very uncoordinated people fight, anime, and when people try to fight on a very trip-able surface.

What random tripping does is help weaken the game completive ability and help limit what we can do in mid game. It's Sakuria way of killing the competitive spirit that he so dislike.
It's smash son, not UFC :ohwell:

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
To people saying its "funny" yeah, it will be funny the first time--hell maybe the tenth time. But after a while it will start to annoy you, its basically a game feature that without warning stops you from playing the game for a moment. You may say "but its part of the game!" Just think about this for a second, its random, happens without warning and stops your character from moving.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Or if I write their names in this notebook...
Where's Kio Iranez when you need him.

OP, you are in a small minority. I'm not too terribly bent out of shape by it (in fact the tourney argument seems a tad alarmist), but it is a WTF decision.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I dislike tripping, but I don't understand why people hate it so much. It doesn't happen that often, to tell the truth. I usually see people trip once a match. That's not bad at all.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind tripping, because it has the same chance of to the enemy as it does to myself...Besides, the chance of tripping is 1%, so the chance of tripping at the worst possible moment is even lower...

CrazyShaman

Smash Apprentice
I severely dislike it on principal, since it goes against everything competition strives for.

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
It's fine to me. It reinforces the point that Brawl was made to be a party game, not something for money.

:O!!!

O NOEZ AN OPINIONZ BAN HIM!

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
Let's bring one sarcastic phrase that everyone already thinks up when they enter this topic.

Of course I like being open and defenseless from some random game mechanic. Yay!

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
The same people who complain about tripping are the same people who complain about getting a Critical Hit or frozen by an Ice Beam in Pokemon.

I don't like tripping, but I don't hate it either. I just hope it makes an ego-inflated tourneytard accept a loss once in a while. :)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
yes what Brawl needs is more realism. I think randomly Captain Falcon should have to leave the match to take a dump because he's been fighting for 3 straight hours. While we're at it, all male characters should get an erection when fighting zero suit samus and be forced to take an additional 30% damage.

honestly, what a stupid thread.

Top Bottom