• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alucard for SSBB

Matt

Banned via Administration
If a Castlevania character does appear in SSBB, it damn well better be Alucard. The only other Castlevania hero to even come close to him in coolness is Ryu, I mean Richter Belmont. And on second thought, he kind of sucks, too, just like all the other Castlevania heros who weren't Alucard.

Yeah, yeah, Soma sure is nifty, and Juste was kind of fun, too. But do you know what? They're just poor attempts at trying to be Alucard from (arguably the greatest Castlevania) Symphony of the Night on the PSX.

Don't get your panties in a bunch! Alucard was first seen on the Nintendo in Castlevania 3 on the NES and he appeared in three handheld Castlevania games as well (Legends and the Sorrow games). He is first and foremost a Nintendo character. And let's not forget that Konami also makes Metal Gear Solid, and Snake's already on board. With these things in mind, let's suppose that Alucard has a chance of being in SSBB (and the best chance, being that he is the most awesome hero in the series and if you disagree then I hate you and please die).

Interestingly, his coolest character design was from Symphony of the Night. In every other game he's appeared in, his hair is black and he looks more like your stereotypical 1920s vampire in a few games. In the Sorrow games, he looks a bit like an albino limo driver. Let's hope Nintendo obtains the rights to Alucard in his full awesome splendor:

Possible moveset (supposing they give him his Alucard sword and not, say, the Crissagrim):

A- Simple horizontal slice, very quick, medium range.
AA- Simple horizontal slice X2! A little bit of lag after the second.

Tilt A Up- Spins his sword once around starting from the bottom, same mechanics as Shiek's.
Tilt A Down- Probaby just like Marth's.
Tilt A Forward- Vertical arcing slice, little more range than normal A.

Air A- Body surrounded by the glow of a super awesome cross for a second, quite a bit of lag.
Air A Up- I'd imagine it being like Falcon's.
Air A Down- Lunging kick thing, bounces off enemy like link's Down Air.
Air A Forward- Same sword swipe as regular A attack.
Air A Backward- Stretches out his leg like Zelda's kick. Much less effective, though.

Running A
- That cool slide kick thing. You know what I'm talking about.

Smash Forward- An arcing swing that only has a hit point in front of him, unlike Marth's.
Smash Up- Like Link's but only one massive swipe.
Smash Down- A sort of breakdance kick like Mario's.

B- Throws small, fast moving knives, rate of fire a little faster than Falco's laser.
B Up- One Hippogriph jump, fast and very high like Game and Watch's.
B Forward- Either the boomerang or the Holy Water. Or maybe even that signature move of his where he teleports quickly forward, slashes, and then teleports back. Or, hell, even the three fireball attack.
B Down- That awesome Shield/Rod combo from SotN that allowed him to turn all physical damage into life. <3

Super Move- Sword Familiar - A ridiculously giant sword comes spinning in, the screen goes dark, and something menacing in Japanese comes from Alucard or God or whoever. Something that roughly translates to "PWNZORR'D."

On second thought, Soma would have a lot more possibilities. Wouldn't it be nice to have them both?

Mmmyes.

Also, fun fact:
In the game Metal Gear Solid for the original Playstation, during the confrontation before the fight with the psychic boss character Psycho Mantis, he will read the player's "mind" (in reality, the statistics of the player's game up to that point). If the memory card inserted into the PlayStation has any Konami game like Symphony of the Night saved on it , Psycho Mantis will make a short comment about it, saying something along the lines of "You like Castlevania, don't you?

Matt

Banned via Administration
Stop spamming my topic, noob! =P

While I'm in the neighborhood, I think I'll make a "Soma for SSBB" topic, too.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Although Alucard is the coolest, Simon Belmont is much more deserving, as he's a classic Nintendo star. Alucard should defenatly be the second choice...**** I need to afford Curse of Darkness one of these days...

Jinky Williams

Smash Cadet
Go Simon Belmont woo!

<shameless self promotion>
Check out the Simon freaking Belmont thread and show your support for a cornerstone of the NES world.
</shameless self promotion>

Shark X

Smash Lord
Jinky Williams said:
Go Simon Belmont woo!

<shameless self promotion>
Check out the Simon freaking Belmont thread and show your support for a cornerstone of the NES world.
</shameless self promotion>
And that link is in my sig as well, although I should add Alucard to it. I haven't got Curse of Darkness yet, but something tells me when I do, I'll love the hell out of Alucard.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Haha! A Shameless Bump.

Anyway, I think Alucard would be a good fighter, though his chanes are slim. I mean, he already has a double jump, third jump, and a wavedash in Symphony of the Night. Plus he's got a slew of projectiles and special attacks [including magic] and Who wouldn't love to see Alucard rendered with new generation graphics? Lastly, his presence would attract the Goths and Anne Rice fans, Which are actually a rather large crowd when added together.

Serp

Smash Cadet
Definatly Simon Belmont. I've never read about Simon Belmont in any other books or genres.

BUT Alucard/arucard has been in several other things, BEFORE Castlevania, so he is not a true nintendo character. That would be like putting robocop in SSBB just because he had a game on NES.

Now Simon Belmont... he would be deserving of being in SSBB. His move list would be simple enough, full of projectiles similar to link but less cheap.

Holy water (Area splash damage)
Cross throw (Boomerang)
Axes (Arcing projectile)
Knives (Forward projectile)

Then there can always be a ranged grab with his whip, and with every kill his whip gets upgraded perhaps or something to make him unique.

And if Alucard was a character, his UP B should transform him into a bat with limited control....

Ghos7Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I would rather have Alucard or Soma. One of those would be better.

Simon...maybe. I'm not a big fan of him so meh.

Serp

Smash Cadet
Ghos7Soldier said:
I would rather have Alucard or Soma. One of those would be better.

Simon...maybe. I'm not a big fan of him so meh.
I'm just old fashioned. I do agree that Alucard would be great, but Simon is the original. I mean they put in Mario because he's classic.

I'd really like to see both Alucard and Simon.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Serp said:
Definatly Simon Belmont. I've never read about Simon Belmont in any other books or genres.

BUT Alucard/arucard has been in several other things, BEFORE Castlevania, so he is not a true nintendo character. That would be like putting robocop in SSBB just because he had a game on NES.

Now Simon Belmont... he would be deserving of being in SSBB. His move list would be simple enough, full of projectiles similar to link but less cheap.

Holy water (Area splash damage)
Cross throw (Boomerang)
Axes (Arcing projectile)
Knives (Forward projectile)

Then there can always be a ranged grab with his whip, and with every kill his whip gets upgraded perhaps or something to make him unique.

And if Alucard was a character, his UP B should transform him into a bat with limited control....
When has Alucard ever been in a video game before CV3? Are you talking about characters NAMED Alucard. It is a very popular name for vampires, since it is Dracula backwards. This specific character, though, did not exist before Castlevania 3.

Serp

Smash Cadet
dotdotdot! said:
When has Alucard ever been in a video game before CV3? Are you talking about characters NAMED Alucard. It is a very popular name for vampires, since it is Dracula backwards. This specific character, though, did not exist before Castlevania 3.
sorry, I tend to speak in S.A.T. Format a lot.

I meant in other forms of media. I've seen the name Alucard in tons of things, all related to dracula, or being dracula in disguise, or being the son of dracula. It's all been done before Castlevania 3.

Don't for a second get me wrong, I love the character Alucard and a shapeshifter would be nice, but if he can't change into a bat as his recovery move... I don't want to see it. Maybe even forward B he could change to a bat, fly forward and anybody he hits he changes back to humanoid form and sucks blood and gains health.

olimaer1292

Smash Rookie
Alucard would by far be the coolest char., and then Geno.

Tho they should include more of the shape shiftin ualties he had in SoTN

TGun

Smash Cadet
Id want Alucard if any castlevania characters were in it he was by far the coolest and best. I mean he would be fun and a crowd favorite.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
alucard is one of the best Castlevania characters. But I think one of the Belmonts deserve to be in the game more than him since they are the ones most people think of when they think about Castlevania.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
Great Idea

WOW, WOW! listen, I have an idea
, do you remember that Zelda could transform into Sheik in SSBM, right? My idea is, why not transform Alucard into a Bat, a Wolf and/or a poison Mist? That would be GREAT!

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
C'mon guys let's continue posting things here, so at least they know there is people wanting Alucard for Brawl :chuckle:

*Sorry for my english*

courte

Smash Lord
remember when u hippogriph jump and hit the ceiling with that crushing force?? varying force depending on the point of impact of the opposing character--same damage

coming down--a train hitting a cow
no vertical movement--fair knockback
moving in the same direction--little knockback

even though i understand why a belmont should be in the only real canidate in some peoples opinions, i'd personally choose julius

pit's look was not so much of a problem as he was a kid and he had the mythological backgroung but simon in the tunic?? i'd be interested in seeing an alternate character concepts--that and he's actually appeared on a nintendo console where as alucard has been everywhere but lol

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Alucard is pretty awesome and you've put quite a bit of work into this so good job. By the way, I made a Soma Cruz for Brawl thread a looooooooong time ago. It got knocked waaaaaaaay back there but it's still there somewhere...you COULD post in that one or just start a new one and tell the mods it's ok to lock mine.

courte

Smash Lord
My Opinion --Calm down Just an opinion

Soma Cruz>Alucard>Julius Belmont>Juste Belmont> EVERYBODY ELSE!

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
nah, Simon Belmont is the best vampire hunter of the family

besides he was on more games than others! and he started in Nintendo (except for the Vampire Killer game that was on MSX)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
One of our men is a special anti-vampire expert. He's already on his way to Brawl. It should all be over in a few hours.

His name is Alucard. When it comes to monsters - yes, especially vampires, no one is more expert than him.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
Alucard does not slide kick. That is a Belmont tradition (particularly Richter).

I DEEM YOUR MOVESET UNWORTHY

courte

Smash Lord
Alucard does not slide kick. That is a Belmont tradition (particularly Richter).

I DEEM YOUR MOVESET UNWORTHY
alot of people don't do a lot of things, then paula comes along and teaches ness a few moves and BAM!!

i think a few "megaman stole yo technique!!"s can be allowed for the purpose of a full moveset

Top Bottom