• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Although very minor, will we ever be getting new menu sounds?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
If Project M was to get new menu sounds, would you prefer brand new sound effects or to use the old melee sounds?

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I'd imagine it wouldn't take much more than just finding the menu sound files and replacing them. Doesn't sound too difficult, although I have no idea how to replace sound files besides those on stages lol. Surely there's a mod out there somewhere that has already gone ahead and done this?

EDIT: Forgot to say the whole point I was trying to get at lol. Yes, it'd be low on their list of priorities (if it were a priority in the first place, which it probably isn't), but you could still easily get it for your own personal build by downloading a mod that very likely already exists.

EDIT2: I would check this out. If it isn't already part of the build this guy is making (you can ask which files pertain to the menu sounds and ignore the rest of the build), you could probably request it since it would probably become a popular idea and easy addition.

Last edited:

PoTheDragonSlayer

Smash Cadet
I think brand new sound effects would be really cool and would add another unique value to PM, but definitely on the low priority list, maybe when the game is nearing it's finished stages, which is probably quite a long ways off.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I've actually replaced the menu sounds with the Melee ones, and it's quite nice. A few others too like the "off-screen bubble", grab, and character KO noises are Melee'd. It's really not hard if you can edit the smashbros_sound.brsar either on an ISO directly or modify that file and have it as part of the files the file replacement code will read.

I will say though I think it would be cool for the community to go in on some custom sound effects that are reminiscent of Melee, but not complete knockoffs.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
This and a new announcer would be such nice touches to Project M, as Po said it'd be adding a new unique value.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I believe it's been said that if we had a new announcer for PM they would have to not be a commentator. Which likely means someone unaffiliated with the team or the game itself. The issue is said to be that it could get annoying or confusing hearing the commentator's voice on the game and on the stream side of things.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Judging from the Project M 3.6 trailer, it doesn't looks like were getting new menu sounds this time.

Kati

Smash Lord
ugh I used a smash 64 sfx pack for a bit it was sooooo divine. X)

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Yeh, its not hard to get new ones from the custom content area, I did already a few times for model replacements.

Top Bottom