• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate Control Schemes

Zizzy

Smash Rookie
I've perused the boards for some time, and I have seen many ideas for unique control schemes. Do you have one? Do you use tap jump? map jumping onto a bumper? Set Y as grab or taunt? I'm interested to hear what good ideas all of you have.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
My GCC setup is L button on attack, tap jump off. Nothing flashy. Useful for DACUS. Thinking about remapping Y to footstool, haven't tried yet though.

On wiimote I use B for special, 1 for shield and 1+2 for grab. 1 for shield is pretty much optimal for wavedashing on the wiimote considering "trigger" placement, and getting used to doing specials solely with one hand is pretty easy. Now, 1 + 2 would technically not have to be mapped to grab, since that's what it does when you press them together (shield + attack) but mapping it makes it quicker since you don't have to wait for your shield to come out.

Zizzy

Smash Rookie
My GCC setup is L button on attack, tap jump off. Nothing flashy. Useful for DACUS. Thinking about remapping Y to footstool, haven't tried yet though.
I don't do much fancy either, but I have to say setting y as footstool (or beam change if you like samus) has worked out well for me.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
This topic comes up every now and then and I always like posting my setup. I've put some time and thought into it over the years.

I still think switching A to Jump and Y to Attack is better in the long-run, but my muscle memory is too strong (and going back to Melee would be murder).

Top Bottom