• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alph: The Keen Engineer joins the battle!

Do you want to see Alph playable?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Don't really care

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
With a new game recently released, I think Pikmin is deserving of a second rep. Please hear my ideas before replying. So many things from Pikmin are left un-represented with JUST Olimar, which is where Alph comes in!

I think instead of plucking Red, Yellow, Blue, White, & Purple Pikmin, he could pluck rock and winged Pikmin. The rock Pikmin would work like Purple Pikmin, except less powerful and they continue ramming an enemy after you throw them. Winged Pikmin could be thrown in all directions repeatedly hitting an enemy in the air instead of latching on to them. Bulbmin could also appear, and when thrown would bite the players.

Things that Support Alph:

- Many things in Pikmin left un-represented.

- He is the main character of a brand new Pikmin game.

- More prominent then any other Pikmin rep.

Things that Alph has against him

- Other characters from the games could easily fit this role

- Maybe an Olimar Clone

And to a much, MUCH lesser extent

- Not mentioned in the Gematsu leak.

Neutral-Special: Alph takes out 2 Rock Pikmin and thrashes them in front of him, before finishing with a stronger whack. Think of it like a much stronger jab.

Side-Special: A swarm of Winged Pikmin appears around Alph, carrying him forward for a short time. If the swarm hits an opponent, the opponent becomes trapped within the swarm, dealing damage for a little bit.

Up-Special: A miniature version of the S.S. Drake rockets up underneath Alph, carrying him upward, dealing damage to anyone he collides with.

credit to: Headcrab Jackalope,

Me :), Headcrab Jackalope,

Last edited:

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
Sorry for the bump.

I just found out that NOA tweeted when Olimar was announced, that Alph would be playable. They quickly fixed it.
This doesn't really say anything about Alph's chances, but neat.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
According to this list, how would Alph's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Any type of characters he should look out for?

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
Trickster/Bruiser.

Trickster because of his Olimar similarities, Bruiser because he'd have more strength then Olimar.

I.E Rock Pikmin being able to keep on ramming into opponents unlike Purples, and Winged Pikmin being able to be thrown in all directions.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Trickster/Bruiser.

Trickster because of his Olimar similarities, Bruiser because he'd have more strength then Olimar.

I.E Rock Pikmin being able to keep on ramming into opponents unlike Purples, and Winged Pikmin being able to be thrown in all directions.
How would he deal with Ranged/Bruiser/Resistors like :4dk:? Or Speedster/Rangers like :4tlink:?

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
He would probably get a few kills against Speedster/Rangers, as for Ranged/Bruiser/Resistors? Not to well

Also, why didn't I get a notification about this?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
He would probably get a few kills against Speedster/Rangers, as for Ranged/Bruiser/Resistors? Not to well

Also, why didn't I get a notification about this?
Smash Boards must be going very slowly or about to Crash.:p

How would Alph players take of Zoners such as :4marth:?

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
Well, Alph would be quite light weight, maybe more so than Olimar. I can't see him surviving against any sword weilder or Zoner.

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
I'd say Alph would be good against Puppeteers, mostly because he could send in Pikmin to the fighter (or Nana or Luma per-say) and could keep on throwing Pikmin to prevent them from attacking. This would most likely happen due to Alph sending in a Pikmin to attack an ally, making the fighter lose a lot of strength and would be easy to rack up hits.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'd say Alph would be good against Puppeteers, mostly because he could send in Pikmin to the fighter (or Nana or Luma per-say) and could keep on throwing Pikmin to prevent them from attacking. This would most likely happen due to Alph sending in a Pikmin to attack an ally, making the fighter lose a lot of strength and would be easy to rack up hits.
What about fighters that can alter stages and have unpredictable attacks like :4villager:?

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
What about fighters that can alter stages and have unpredictable attacks like :4villager:?
I can imagine Alph fairing Meh with them. He'd be able to do damage for sure, but like you said, Unpredictable moves. It really depends on the person and their luck.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I think we already have an Alph thread, but heck I'll support.

While I like Plasm Wraith and Louie more than Alph, Alph definitely could work as a fun non-clone character. I whipped up a little (specials) moveset here:

Neutral-Special: Alph takes out 2 Rock Pikmin and thrashes them in front of him, before finishing with a stronger whack. Think of it like a much stronger jab.

Side-Special: A swarm of Winged Pikmin appears around Alph, carrying him forward for a short time. If the swarm hits an opponent, the opponent becomes trapped within the swarm, dealing damage for a little bit.

Up-Special: A miniature version of the S.S. Drake rockets up underneath Alph, carrying him upward, dealing damage to anyone he collides with.

Down-Special: Alph uses the Cosmic Drive Key to electrocute whoever is in front of him, stunning them for a bit while dealing slight damage.

Can't really think of a good Final Smash though. Maybe just use Olimar's but with the Drake instead.

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
I think we already have an Alph thread, but heck I'll support.

While I like Plasm Wraith and Louie more than Alph, Alph definitely could work as a fun non-clone character. I whipped up a little (specials) moveset here:

Down-Special: Alph uses the Cosmic Drive Key to electrocute whoever is in front of him, stunning them for a bit while dealing slight damage.

Can't really think of a good Final Smash though. Maybe just use Olimar's but with the Drake instead.
I like, I like. I will ad you to the list AND your moveset ideas to the Master set, since I like them a lot. I was thinking for a final smash the Quaggled Mireclops comes down and stomps on everyone.

Oh, and PS: There WAS an Alph thread, but it was locked because they thought they had an Alph thread. The OTHER Alph thread was locked because they thought the OTHER Alph thread was the original.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I like, I like. I will ad you to the list AND your moveset ideas to the Master set, since I like them a lot. I was thinking for a final smash the Quaggled Mireclops comes down and stomps on everyone.
Would :4yoshi: be Alph's greatest foe?

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I wish Alph wasn't the only character alt. I wish Brittany and Louie were also alts. That would mean we could have a 4 player pikmin captain battle lol oh well having Alph is better then nothing. Congrats Alph supporters. :)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
As an alt. costume right?
Yeah but since he's not just a recolour, but an entirely different model with a different name and the announcer recognizing him as alph instead of olimar... He's technically a character... although a full clone. He's what Lucina would have been for marth.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
He's got his own name on the roster, so he's a character in my eyes. I think this is a good way to represent him in Smash. Congrats supporters!

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
YES YES YES YES ANOTHER PIKMIN CHARACTER (SORTA)

I CAN DIE HAPPILY UNTIL SMASH 5 SPECULATION AND THEN PLASM WRAITH PLS

I'M SO HAPPY

I sorta wish he coulda been a separate slot, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom