• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All play Styles of rosalina and luma. WIP

Bill cipher3

Smash Cadet
This is to put all the play styles of rosalina and luma all in one thread for all to see. Some may be asking why would you need a thread for all of them? that's because she's a Paradigm Shifter; what's a Paradigm Shifter you ask? a Paradigm Shifter is a charator that constently changes his or her's play style from defensive / offensive to fit whatever's needed. Here's a detailed Description of a Paradigm Shifter
A paradigm is specifically a combination of roles or jobs being filled by multiple people, forming said paradigm. In that sense, Rosalina & Luma are the only paradigm shifters in this game, as they are the only two-person, fully controllable team in the game (people may bring up Olimar for comparison but the Pikmin are just ammunition, not controllable units). The closest comparison would be Shulk with his Monado Arts, but he is simply a "Role/Job Shifter", as he is a single unit that changes his stats to change his roles. Rosalina & Luma don't change stats but they can form paradigms depending on the role the player assigns them at a given moment, meaning they can cover each other's openings, or simply take on the same role when it's especially effective, leading to some very powerful results. It's also not strictly as black and white as "offense/defense", there's other roles in between. Or, I guess you could say their various roles might fall under one of those two, broad categories.

So now unto the play styles I will put them in 3 spots offensive and defensive and mixed.
OFFENSIVE PLAY STYLES Offensive
"Rushdownish"

To be added

Notable offensive players falln Rayquaza07 Xaltis Kirihara.
DEFENSIVE PLAY STYLES

"Campy?"
A whole lot of people ( mostly scrubs ) say she's "Campy" While she isn't "Campy" She can do a little of luma shotting and stay behined and attack. BUT, If you try to win by camping you WILL lose (Unless fighting Fg scrub lords ) Because they can just kill it in the end lag, but that does not mean that you shouldn't "camp" just do it as a mix up and keep luma close by so you can recall at any time.

Notable Defensive players dabuz dabuz dabuz and you can't forget dabuz.
MIXED
"Poket luma"
I seriously disagree with the notion that she cannot go head to head with other characters without Luma. I do it all the time, it's one of the things I've gone out of my way to practice, since everyone expects Rosalina to start running away when Luma is gone. In fact,I often send Luma off to the side, away from my fight with my opponent, even when he's still OK, to save him getting it in my scuffle and being KO'd off the edge or losing a lot of health, in the event I mess up and get hit. Basically, I don't overuse Luma, I use him when I need him or think I can strongly benefit from him. Learning this tactic increases Luma's longevity, and means I pretty much always have him handy for when he's really gonna give me an edge.
Around all of this Quote is what I am coining the "Poket luma" as. or in short sending off luma to protech luma to increasses luma's longevity

"Offensive Rosalina and Defensive Luma"
To be added
"Defensive Rosalina and Offensive Luma"
To be added

Notable mixed players.

Any help would be nice or discribing a play style or a new play style

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just to make a slight, nitpicky correction:

that's because she's a Paradigm Shifter; what's a Paradigm Shifter you ask? a Paradigm Shifter is a charator that constently changes his or her's play style from defensive / offensive to fit whatever's needed.
A paradigm is specifically a combination of roles or jobs being filled by multiple people, forming said paradigm. In that sense, Rosalina & Luma are the only paradigm shifters in this game, as they are the only two-person, fully controllable team in the game (people may bring up Olimar for comparison but the Pikmin are just ammunition, not controllable units). The closest comparison would be Shulk with his Monado Arts, but he is simply a "Role/Job Shifter", as he is a single unit that changes his stats to change his roles. Rosalina & Luma don't change stats but they can form paradigms depending on the role the player assigns them at a given moment, meaning they can cover each other's openings, or simply take on the same role when it's especially effective, leading to some very powerful results. It's also not strictly as black and white as "offense/defense", there's other roles in between. Or, I guess you could say their various roles might fall under one of those two, broad categories.

Last edited:
Top Bottom