• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALL PEACH Players Read this >.< (turnip testing)

stupidretardster

Smash Cadet
I am testing the Different types of turnips, and thier appearance rates. It would be nice if everyone could pluck a bunch of turnips, see which ones appear and record the results. Pluck as many as you want, i can just get the average afterwards.

Here are the types of turnips and their names
CLICK ME!!!!
1) bowling ball face
2) stitch face
3) sleepy
4) winking
5) big eyes
6) Dot eyes
7) Super happy
8) Smiley

Hunkzor's current results
Total no. of turnips tested- 1000
Smiley - 639
bowlingball face - 94
Big eyes - 45
stitch face (zombie) - 12
dot eyes - 17
super happy - 43
winking - 61
sleepy - 85
bowlingball face - 94
stitch face (zombie) - 12
beam sword - 1
Bob-omb - 2
Mr. Saturn - 1

My results
Total no. of turnips tested- 334
Bowlingball- 42
Stichface- 11
Sleepy- 24
winking- 27
Big eyes- 16
dot eyes- 6
super happy- 11
Smiley- 195
Mr saturn- 2
bob-omb- 0
beam sword- 0

Total average
Smiley- 62.5%
Bowlingball- 10%
stitchface- 11%
sleepy- 8%
winking- 6.5%
Big eyes- 4.5%
Dot eyes- 1.7%
Super Happy- 4%
Mr Saturn- 0.2%
Bob-omb- 0.1%
Beam sword 0.07%

Any contributions is appreciated. Please do not make up statistics. If you do more than one test post your new one rather than editing your previous post so i can keep track of the amounts.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
you cant chi square that data, you cant even t-test it. you can only analyse the averages by themselves

Jake13

Smash Lord
Are you kidding me? You have all you need to chi square that. You have the data (numbers), you just need to find a ratio and you've got it.

C-Bomb

Smash Apprentice
ok so here are my results:

bowling ball: 31
super happy: 14
regular smile: 175
winky: 23
big eyes: 13
sleepy: 20
mr saturn: 1
grandpa: 6
small eyes: 6
bomb: 0
sword: 0

total: 289

now i know you are all probably like uhhh wtf?? 6 grandpa?? but well i guess ive always been known for my rediclous amount of grandpas so heres proof i guess. but i hope it dosent mess with the results that much ....

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
a chi square analysis shows if the difference bewteen two series of data is sufficient for drawing conclusions from, those are just a bunch of averages

Jake13

Smash Lord
The two sets of data could be grouped as special items and turnips. You can set it up however you'd like. Just think of special items as drosphilia(sp?) with white eyes and the veggies as drosphilia with red. Now do what you will.

stupidretardster

Smash Cadet
Happy: 1568 (58%)
Winking: 182 (6.73% about 1 in 15)
Sleepy: 235 (8.69% about 1 in 11.5)
Annoyed: 324 (11.99% about 1 in 8.3)
Laughing: 139 (5.14% about 1 in 19.4)
Sick: 125 (4.62% about 1 in 21.6)
Dumb: 49 (1.81% about 1 in 55.1)
Stitchface: 57 (2.11% about 1 in 47.4)
Bob-omb: 10 (0.37% about 1 in 270)
Mr. Saturn: 12 (0.44% about 1 in 225)
Lightsaber: 2 (0.07% about 1 in 1352)

Total: 2703
what is Dumb turnip and what is sick turnip?

BTW good job, thats a lot of turnips

Fonz

Smash Ace
They weren't my terms, I just used the ones he had, but his link is down now.

Dumb is dot eyes and sick is big eyes

C-Bomb

Smash Apprentice
I really like this thread. Whenever i'm bored ill just pull some turnips and record my results. hopefully after a while we will have a legit record of turnips percentages

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Total- 200
Smiley-129
Dot-Eyes-2
Sleepy-13
Big-Eyes-8
Stich face-2
Bowling Ball Face-20
Winking-13
Super Happy-9
Bob-omb-0
Mr.Saturn-0
Beam Sword-0

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
The two sets of data could be grouped as special items and turnips. You can set it up however you'd like. Just think of special items as drosphilia(sp?) with white eyes and the veggies as drosphilia with red. Now do what you will.
Im glad to see atleast you know how to apply a chi-square and u didnt pull theterm offa wiki or something. its drosophila (no i after the l) :).

even if you did that whatever value you got for the chi-square, i tihnk it has to be less than 5%, would have to be applied to a hypothesis, like, the direction peach is standing affects what kind of item you pull up. and then you would have data for her facing right, with an average of like, iunno 0.7% special items, and facing left 0.4% special items. a chi-square would then maybe determine if your hypothesis can be supported

C-Bomb

Smash Apprentice
more data:

regular smile: 290
bowling ball: 51
super happy: 25
winky: 34
big eyes: 33
sleepy: 50
mr saturn: 3
grandpa death: 5
small eyes: 7
sword: 0
bomb: 3

total: 501

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
Other people have gotten beam swords as well? Ah, I thought my game was screwed up when my friends and I attempted the Black Hole glitch and got something other than a turnip or Bob-Omb.

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk................

i compiled everyone's data here, and here's what i got...

total turnips: 4816

smiley: 2996 (62%)
bowling: 562 (11%)
winking: 340 (7%)
superhappy: 241 (5%)
big eyes: 237 (5%)
stitchface: 93 (2%)
dot face: 87 (2%)
Mr. Saturn: 19 (0.4%)
Bob-Omb: 15 (0.3%)
Beam Sword: 3 (0.06%)

so yea, feel free to check my math, cuz when i add the percentages up, i get about 104, and i kno i rounded for themost part, but i shouldn't be that far off. These shoul work for an approzimation though

C-Bomb

Smash Apprentice
^looks about right. still a little surprised at the amount of death turnips. its so close in relation to dot eyes yet its soo much more powerful. so I still think we need more turnips to make accurate conclusions.

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
agreed, and i think beam sword should be more, but we wont even have a reasonable number until well over 10,000 turnips are pulle dprolly... but this is the best we've got right now

DeathByTurnips

Smash Cadet
I plan on helping out with this soon, for some reason it intersts me even though i've been playing peach long enough to know just about how often everything comes up.
that goes ditto for me, i just need to find some time now to contribute to this theory and ive pretty much gotten down how often certain types come up just by playing for a long time

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
well there are a lot of pretty close approximations and such out there that people have, but this is hopefully so that we can get as close an approximation as we can to the actual probabilities... it's completely useless knowledge, cause all turnips are BAMFs, but still, nice to kno

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I'd be happy to contribute, but I'm not sure what some of these names are referring to.

Bowling ball = ?
Super happy = karat eyes, yes?
Sleepy = closed/squinty eyes?
Grandpa death = stitch?

full_95

Smash Journeyman
Well first off, let me reply with a big ole' FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK STAT... *** it right in the butthole. statistics is the bane of my existance, chi squared my as$. and secondly, when i get back to school and my cube, ill definitely contribute, especially when i get blazed. it's gonna be great.

Cort

Apple Head
Interesting data, I might contribute if I'm really bored.

I would say the ratios would start approaching the actual %s around 500k - 1 million turnip pulls. 10,000 is nothing.

Though infinite pulls would be best.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Even with all the facts the whole Lucky *** Mofo thing gets to me. Like when I play as Peach I can go like 20 Matches Straight without a Stitch Face or a Beam Sword then I can play again later then I will pull like 5 Stitch Faces in a row. But cool stats though

M@G3

Smash Rookie
you cant chi square that data, you cant even t-test it. you can only analyse the averages by themselves
hes right, all you can do is find mu x bar. and even then you wont be that accurate. statistically speaking, that is. what you can do is calculate this with a confidence interval and post results wiht a margin of error noted. ill get right to that and post as edit to this.

M@G3

Smash Rookie
Interesting data, I might contribute if I'm really bored.

I would say the ratios would start approaching the actual %s around 500k - 1 million turnip pulls. 10,000 is nothing.

Though infinite pulls would be best.
really sorry for double quote. but cort, please read up on statistics. true, the sample size affects your data but what you get for 100000000000 trials and 100000 trials wont be something that differs significantly enough. what im saying is you can flip a coin 10000 times and still get 5001 heads and 4999 tails. and just the same you can flip the coin a million times and get het same exact resultsl. does that prove that the coin is unfair? NO! also, since we know that a coin flip results with a 50% chance (in a fair coin) ,if you WERE to flip a coin infinite times, are you saying that it is fact that you would get half heads and half tails? statistics is not "get as large a sample size as possible," its get as accurate a sample size as possible with some help from size.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
my idiot friend is convinced pulling turnips is a hot cold game to get stitches. i tihnk hes full of sht, but he seems to think that if you pull a certain face, it means you are getting warmer or colder to where you can pull a stitch. some believe this is true, and that would make the entire thing different

Top Bottom