• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Nc Players Look Here!!!CHECK OUT THE ROCKYMOUNT TOURNEY THREAD!!!

dr.neo

Smash Champion
I am searching for all NC players. What I want you to do is let me know where your from and all the other information you would like to give that would give all the other NC players a good idea about you. That sentence was too long.

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
I'm from burgaw (30 miles north of wilmington), but smash in Rocky Mount when I can get a ride
I'll be going to NC State next year
I whoop dr. neo's butt all the time

Agrate

Smash Apprentice
Im from holly springs (about 15 minutes south of raleigh) and I play a boatload of characters.

Take

Smash Rookie
I live in Raliegh. Relatively new smasher, but still will game all day/night if "needed".

scaabelly

Smash Rookie
From the Charlotte area.

After I watched the SSBBrawl trailer, I decided to try to learn to become a better Smash player (Hopefully, I should be more easily able to see and make the transition from Melee to Brawl).

I'm going to try to make it to some of these NC Smash tournaments.

Mico

Smash Rookie
I live in Spring Hope.....about 30 minutes east of raliegh.....

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
I live in Enfield( about 30 mins away from Rocky Mount ). I main Link, but play alot of the other characters. I'll be going to ECU. You can catch me and some others at Gamecrazy almost every weekend.

The_Brownguy

Smash Ace
NC tournament starts at 12 on Thursday July the 13th

1970 Lowell Bethesda Rd , Gastonia , NC 28056 << adress mapquest it and stuff

if you have questions AIM is Hattrickno18

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I live in Maiden NC (for the summer, and occasionally for a few months other than that) which is about 45 mins NW of Charlotte.

I go to school at UNCW, in Wilmington, and-- that's a big enough place where people can find it. Im there approx. 8 mos. out of the year.

The Noodle

Smash Cadet
Roanoke Rapids (it's a small town close to the northern border and eastish) and there isn't **** for smashers around here.

Xeritross

Smash Apprentice
Also know as "T.C."

I live in rocky mount.
Wanna smash, come to game crazy or putters {fri-sun}
can reach me at (252) 937-2162 after 3:30

Crew YGO = GAMECRAZY!!! :psycho:

The Noodle

Smash Cadet
dr.neo said:
You all better go to the tourney.
Normally the gas cost would make that out of the question for me, but seeing as I'm staying in Greenville now I'll try to go.

MaRiO_1

Smash Rookie
I live in Greensboro, NC. No one reps. smash here. I go to ECSU, its pretty close to rocky mount. But its about four and a half hours from where i am now....LOL

Gazow

Smash Rookie
Wilmington here, UNCW ftw.

Falco user and i will meteor smash you into submission

and i have no idea where gastonia is XD
wheres a map when you need one \=

/boggle

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Holy shnikes. Gazow... you go to UNCW too? Awesome. Me too. Dubtown 4 Life biznizzles. PM me sometime. I move into Seahawk Village the 1st of Aug. So, anytime after that, hit me up.
BTW-- Gastonia is about 4 hours from Dubtown. I dun know if that's where you're at right now- but, ya. Gastonia= 20 mins Northwestish of Charlotte.

izzyy

Smash Rookie
hey mico and agrate...me , take and u 2 should all smash at takes house since he lives in raleigh and we all live around it

maybe form a team and also get practice in for each other

let me know what u guys think, me and take are playing today

and to MARIO 1 , do u play initial d? im always going to 4 seasons mall to own initial and yes ive already claimed that as the best in the state and at times on the east coast for certain tracks =)

Agrate

Smash Apprentice
izzyy Ill play today if you want to. Im pm'ing you my cell so hit me up if you see this. **** you get up early

MaRiO_1

Smash Rookie
I've played initial d. I used to be good.... but i stopped playing due to smash and never started back. i played at the mall in winston though... but now smash runs my life. LOL!

I play with the good doc, and mario also. But mainly doc. I also play with pikachu and C. falcon

izzyy

Smash Rookie
i play just about every character with decent skill, but best prefer fox,falco

hey mario, i was at 4 seasons sunday since raleigh plans got cancelled but ill prob be there again on thursday, wanna meet up? play some smash and some d? private msg me

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
I too live in Tarboro, and would greatly love to play other humans >.> I can travel to Rocky Mount at will, and I suspected GameCrazy had a SSBM thing going, I just never stopped to check. But, if it's true, I'd be glad to come down and learn some new techniques (The things the comp can't teach, like mind games and uses for Wavedashing and such) I'd download the videos, but at 56k, it's...more pain than pleasure.

I main Link and my fiancee mains Roy. I am as good as you can get also with doc and Marth without using many advanced techniques. Be glad to participate in the tourney Aug.7 with Gamecube in hand if I could get some experience beforehand.

Malk

Smash Champion
My crew and me live in Raleigh. I main Mario, Karn mains Marth, and Tho is confused as to where he is heading in life. We have to keep this thread alive, NCsmash ftw.

izzyy

Smash Rookie
u are in raleigh? i go to raleigh to hang with take often, so lets all meet up for competition and/or practice/fun

give me some aim contacts or msn messenger and ill hit u up/set something up

i dont really play smash at all till like last week when i found out bout actual competitions but if we can practice for upcoming tourneys that would be nice

Twiggy

Smash Lord
PacStrife said:
NC is deffinatly getting better. anyone who says different isnt going to tourneys or playing anyone.
NC smash scene isn't what all you new people think it is. You all, with the exception of LOZR, have no skill in big tournaments... the diversity owns all you new cats.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
twig man you are good you know and pac and them are good players man. Ive played these guys before and they are dang good.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
I'm saying... they don't have a lot of tournament experience. Thats everything when it comes to being good. Being able to play all types of players, and adapt to how they play... thats what makes somebody good.

I've never heard of any of them going to any tournaments other than a few of them going to SA. Thats only 1 tournament.

I know I have not played them... but please don't say NC scene is getting better... when they don't even know what the NC scene is.

The Noodle

Smash Cadet
I've never been to a real tourney except for a mini-one at a smashfest, and even though I have good tech skill a few of those guys wiped me out bad. So I'm gonna say Twig is right.
Experience = mindgames > great tech skill, which so many inexperienced smashers base their claims on.

Also, that smashfest was the only smash event I've ever been to... probably 'cuz it's such a hassle to get to any event from where I am, and considering I don't have a liscense.

As for Halo 2 however.... ; )

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Experience and mind games are always going to beat out pure tech skill. I think a lot of people get caught up in technical skills and forget what the actual application was for, or moreso, how important basic strategy is.

But anyway, why am I introducing myself with that >_<

I used to play in a couple of tournaments around here back when the scene was just starting, got caught up in some other stuff and forgot about smash, but recently I've been getting back into it after like...4 years absense.

So who plays in the Raleigh area? I've got 2 other guys that game with me that'd like to get our competitive edge back, so hit me up if anyone wants to play some games!

izzyy

Smash Rookie
someone who was introduced to the forums by a friend who doesnt like cocky crap talkers ( such as yourself) even if its on the lightside ie-nc doesnt know anything. anyways when the wii comes out everyone will be able to prove some worth with the online play and smash

to samurai- turns out lots of people are in or around the raleigh area, i think like 5 or 6 now...lets set somthing up? preferably maybe something at take's house in raleigh, he has a mini arcade =)

Top Bottom