• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALL DADS/FATHERS/FAMILY MEN OF SMASH PLEASE READ

SG Goose

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow family men. I have a daughter and a wife of 3 years. We are happily married and are planning our second child. I was just wondering if there are any other dads/married men on the boards? What's it like for you to be a smasher and a father/husband?

I have a friend who's a dad and has 2 sons. The oldest, age 4, can beat classic mode on medium difficulty, including crazy hand

When he doesn't have work, he goes to a friend's house or plays Smash at his own house when his wife is away at work

1 time, his 4 year old son asked his dad "are you salty?"

Last edited:

SG Goose

Smash Rookie
lol that's awesome! About his son asking if he's salty. Do you know if he plays at all competitively? I forgot to add that into the OP

AirFair

Marth tho
I went to a smashfest on Friday and this guy brought his son. I teamed with him, and he was actually pretty good. We played a Marth ditto and I almost beat him, if I hadn't slipped up last stock and let myself get knocked offstage lol. He was actually really smart about it too.

Big Daddy Josh

Smash Apprentice
I have a Fiance, and 2 girls. I do play competitively and I'm improving at a fairly good rate, but It is hard to split time between everything and go out to smash fests/tournaments as much as I'd like to. For the most part my Fiance is supportive of me playing melee, but she does have her gripes lol.

SG Goose

Smash Rookie
Hey dude, that's awesome that you're almost married and that you're still able to play competitively. My wife is like that too. She'll say she's cool with me going out but I know she kind of prefers me to stay at home. How do you practice? Alone? Do you have friends come over and play?

Big Daddy Josh

Smash Apprentice
I have the 20XX hack pack, so I'm mostly at home practicing alone using this outline.http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ebkwv/getting_better_at_smash/

We both work at the same place, but we have opposite schedules so one of us is always home with the kids. We're also sharing 1 car at the moment, so when I have the kids and no car I usually have a friend come over and play with me. I usually get out for tournaments as often as I can though.

Honestly the hardest thing for me is balance. Between my Fiance, the kids, work, the daily stuff around the house, and Melee. I want to get to better so bad, that I focus a lot of my time on Melee, I admit sometimes too much, but I so much joy from playing and the drive to get better just makes me want to play, watch, and read about it a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom