• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Character Double Jump Glitch

Lotus Edge

Smash Rookie
If you tall jump using the movement stick and on the first and second frame use any c stick smash besides up, it automatically uses your second jump.

Uullii

Smash Rookie
Wow this explains some of the missing jumps I've died to. Appears to happen only if analog-up continues to be held after the initial jump aka a full-hop. Irritating stuff. Hope it gets fixed, I'm one of the few who actually prefers tap-jump on.

Badge

Smash Apprentice
If you tall jump using the movement stick and on the first and second frame use any c stick smash besides up, it automatically uses your second jump.
Do you mean jumping with tap jump, holding up on the control stick, and then flicking the c-stick (set to smashes) in any direction but up while im jumpsquat? Jumpsquat being the animation your character goes through before leaving the ground.

If so, that's not a bug. The way Brawl reads c-stick inputs it treats them as a control-stick input in the corresponding direction + A for one frame (if set to smashes). If you're still holding up it then thinks you've moved the control-stick up again and thus triggers a jump (holding the control-stick up can buffer a jump for up to 4 frames if jumping was impossible the frame it was activated.) You can use this behaviour to get double jumps on the first airborn frame and for example dj-land with Yoshi or Peach. I explained the mechanics behind triggering the instant DJ at greater length in the thread I just linked.

If you meant something else, I don't quite understand what that is. :)

Top Bottom