• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALERT! Need Wii U Streamer for Speedy/Norris Monthly Tournaments!

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Hello guys! I am Captain Norris, one of two that hosts a monthly online tournament for Smash Bros. On January 17th, I will again be hosting a Smash Bros 4 Wii U tournament for NA! There will be prizes, and there will be a sign up a week ahead of time. However, there is a problem that I really need help solving: streamers.
I am in need of a streamer for these monthly tournaments so I can make highlight videos of the said tourneys, among other things. There are a few requirements that I need from the streamer:
  • The Streamer must have a capture card! We need high quality video footage to be used.
  • The Streamer must be able to record the said livestream! If the stream is not recorded, people will not be able to revisit all the great moments in the tourney.
  • The Streamer must also give the said footage to me or Speed, depending on host. The footage will then be used and uploaded to YouTube via a channel of my own.
  • The Streamer will not be paid directly. However, the Streamer will be paid in more ways then one. If the Stream is of quality work, people are more likely to subscribe/follow the stream, which leads to more revenue and popularity of the channel. Also, through the footage that will be uploaded to YouTube and then spread throughout the Internet, it is a great way to advertise and to reach out to other people.
  • The Streamer can use any form of well known and good streaming services. Twitch, YouTube, whatever. As long as you can record it and allow that footage to be uploaded to YouTube, I do not care.
  • The Streamer cannot participate in the tourney. The Streamer has to be dedicated to streaming.
The following would also be helpful or preferred, but they are not required for the Streamer.
  • The Streamer can commentate the matches, or have two-three people commentate with/for him/her. Like I said, not required, but would be awesome. However, if you, the Streamer, does decide to commentate, make sure that you can do a good job with it and have quality work. Because I would rather go commentary-less than have crappy narration. Also, if you do decide to have others help narrate, please make sure they go by the same requirements.
Q&A(If needed)

That is all for now guys! Remember, January 17th is the tourney as of now, and the Streamer will be needed pretty much monthly. If you are not fit to be the Streamer, that is fine! However, keep your eye out at your friends and others here, and direct them to this post!
If you are interested or have questions, comment below, and I will then PM you if you are wanting to be a Streamer.
This post will get updated with anything that is brought up. Remember, this is not a thread for the January tournament, but for streaming for the monthly tournament.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Perhaps you could try asking Cobbs for some help. He's a pretty cool guy and a great commentator. He goes by Conda on the boards here. http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2okqif/new_playerspotlight_service_looking_for_skilled/
Okay! Thanks for the information! I saw a lot of his videos on YouTube, so I shall definitely check him out!
If anyone else finds any others, that would be great! We would always love to have a Primary Loser's Bracket Streamer!

Spirst

Geez, there's still no streamer after all this time? Harder to find than one might think.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Yeah I'd love to do this, but I cannot deny my other obligations. Things like these take a lot of time, and currently I'm pressed by other things (paying rent for example :p). That's just life for ya :(

dizney

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdizney
Hey there, I might be interested. The problem I have is that I'm not sure how my set up is going to look (as I'm moving january 11th) and I'm not sure how clear and set up my stream will be. I would know for sure if I would be able to by the 12th though. I would suggest to keep looking but I would be a back up

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Hey there, I might be interested. The problem I have is that I'm not sure how my set up is going to look (as I'm moving january 11th) and I'm not sure how clear and set up my stream will be. I would know for sure if I would be able to by the 12th though. I would suggest to keep looking but I would be a back up
Okay! Please keep me and @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed updated!
We are still in need of a solid streamer though. Thanks guys!

RTGNTV

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
We are looking for pro players for our beta stream coming up on January 16th!
Here are the tournament rules and information below! See you on January 16th 2015!

Come join RTGN.TV with their first tournament for Super Smash Bros Wii U using our Beta version of our streaming technology for broadcasting eSports!
January 16th
Sponsors Announcing Soon
Meet and Play with the Pros of Super Smash Bros Wii U
Big Damien
Chompy
B X7
Joeisfatal
Perfect Legend
Come Experience the Next Phase is Online Broadcasting with RTGN.TV
Free Food From Chic-Fil A and Frickers!!
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Pro- Gaming Circuit Tournament Rules
Mii Fighters are Banned
Game Settings: 2 Stocks, 6 Minute Time Limit , 2 out of 3
Grand Finals 3 out of 5
Losers Final 3 out of 5
Winners Finals 3 our of 5
Location @
University of Toledo Nitschke Technology Complex NTCC
Early Venue Fee Till January 14th $10
$15 Venue Fee Day of Event
$20 Tournament Registration
Registration Starts at 10am
Tournament Starts at 12pm
Semi and Finals Air at 8pm
BYOC!!!
Bring in a Wii Gamecube Adapters You will get Free Registration
Pots are Split 50, 30, 15, 5 for 1st, 2nd 3rd & 4th Place
Pot Size Announcing Soon!​

Contact Us at 419-309-5850 for any questions!

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
We are looking for pro players for our beta stream coming up on January 16th!
Here are the tournament rules and information below! See you on January 16th 2015!

Come join RTGN.TV with their first tournament for Super Smash Bros Wii U using our Beta version of our streaming technology for broadcasting eSports!
January 16th
Sponsors Announcing Soon
Meet and Play with the Pros of Super Smash Bros Wii U
Big Damien
Chompy
B X7
Joeisfatal
Perfect Legend
Come Experience the Next Phase is Online Broadcasting with RTGN.TV
Free Food From Chic-Fil A and Frickers!!
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Pro- Gaming Circuit Tournament Rules
Mii Fighters are Banned
Game Settings: 2 Stocks, 6 Minute Time Limit , 2 out of 3
Grand Finals 3 out of 5
Losers Final 3 out of 5
Winners Finals 3 our of 5
Location @
University of Toledo Nitschke Technology Complex NTCC
Early Venue Fee Till January 14th $10
$15 Venue Fee Day of Event
$20 Tournament Registration
Registration Starts at 10am
Tournament Starts at 12pm
Semi and Finals Air at 8pm
BYOC!!!
Bring in a Wii Gamecube Adapters You will get Free Registration
Pots are Split 50, 30, 15, 5 for 1st, 2nd 3rd & 4th Place
Pot Size Announcing Soon!​

Contact Us at 419-309-5850 for any questions!

that's ice, but how does that at all pertain to this thread? :/

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
I might be able to do this, won't have my i7 for at least another month though, so I'd probably only be able to do 720p 30 fps max (even that is pretty taxing on my current rig, so I usually sit at 510x990). I have fiber so bandwidth isn't a problem though. If you're still looking for someone give me a PM or something and we could set something up to see if my current quality is good enough for you.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I might be able to do this, won't have my i7 for at least another month though, so I'd probably only be able to do 720p 30 fps max (even that is pretty taxing on my current rig, so I usually sit at 510x990). I have fiber so bandwidth isn't a problem though. If you're still looking for someone give me a PM or something and we could set something up to see if my current quality is good enough for you.
HD is quality enough. I will put you on the list also. Will contact by this coming Sunday. Please keep me updated in the meantime
@ Conda Conda @ dizney dizney I also wanted to inform you that I will also be contacting you one Sunday from now also. Please be ready to make a final desicion then, as well as commentating details (i.e. if you are interested in only commentating, no commentations, commentating and streaming, and so forth). Thanks guys!

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Sorry, can't do this. I wish you guys the best of luck though! Excited to see it. :)

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Sorry, can't do this. I wish you guys the best of luck though! Excited to see it. :)
Hey! That's okay! I'll make sure all the raw footage is sent to you if you want to use it for your channel at any time! I hope we can work together in the future. :)
@ dizney dizney @ noe3 noe3 really need a reply from you guys! I hope one of you guys can help with it!

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Hey Cap, I've been having a couple computer problems lately that have caused me to tone down the overclock on my current cpu, but I'ma do some stream tests after work today to see if I can still stream in 720p (my guess is I may not be able to). I'll let you know when I'm finished (I get off from work around 5 PM).

tldr:

I'd still be willing to stream, but I may only be able to pull off 510x990. As for commentary, my voice isn't suited for it.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Hey Cap, I've been having a couple computer problems lately that have caused me to tone down the overclock on my current cpu, but I'ma do some stream tests after work today to see if I can still stream in 720p (my guess is I may not be able to). I'll let you know when I'm finished (I get off from work around 5 PM).

tldr:

I'd still be willing to stream, but I may only be able to pull off 510x990. As for commentary, my voice isn't suited for it.
okay! Tell me how the stream tests turn out!

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Whelp, I had to turn my encoder settings way down and go to sub-hd in order to stream (I think I damaged my CPU when I reapplied some thermal paste... Long story). The result looks terrible (by my standards):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=priPdx03VwM

The video is cut short because my computer blue screened... Bummer. I'd be cool to do future ones for you guys once I get my new i7 machine, but that won't be til the end of this month at the earliest.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Whelp, I had to turn my encoder settings way down and go to sub-hd in order to stream (I think I damaged my CPU when I reapplied some thermal paste... Long story). The result looks terrible (by my standards):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=priPdx03VwM

The video is cut short because my computer blue screened... Bummer. I'd be cool to do future ones for you guys once I get my new i7 machine, but that won't be til the end of this month at the earliest.
bummer. Hope you get it fixed!
@ dizney dizney you are our only hope!

dizney

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdizney
When I attempted to stream, it makes the matches really laggy and the stream actually lags a bit. This is possibly due to my setting though so I'll try it again within the next 24 hours.

If not, I suggest getting in contact with http://www.twitch.tv/Supersmashbroswiiu they seem to run tournaments a decent amount and doesn't seem to lag at all. Maybe try messaging them through twitch or something?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
When I attempted to stream, it makes the matches really laggy and the stream actually lags a bit. This is possibly due to my setting though so I'll try it again within the next 24 hours.

If not, I suggest getting in contact with http://www.twitch.tv/Supersmashbroswiiu they seem to run tournaments a decent amount and doesn't seem to lag at all. Maybe try messaging them through twitch or something?

Alright. I will contact them. I was hoping to get someone from SmashBoards, but since there are apparently very few streamers available...

dizney

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdizney
Alright. I will contact them. I was hoping to get someone from SmashBoards, but since there are apparently very few streamers available...
I attempted to stream tonight, and the matches had insane amounts of input lag. It was unplayable, so I decided I won't be streaming for a while until I can get a better computer. Sorry man :/

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I attempted to stream tonight, and the matches had insane amounts of input lag. It was unplayable, so I decided I won't be streaming for a while until I can get a better computer. Sorry man :/
Okay. Well, i you know anyone able to stream, it would help loads if you could get them to contact me here on the Boards BEFORE Saturday. Thanks guys!

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Okay. Well, i you know anyone able to stream, it would help loads if you could get them to contact me here on the Boards BEFORE Saturday. Thanks guys!
Hi, I kind of stumbled upon this randomly but I might be able to help you out.
Just wondering, when you say record the stream do you mean recording the matches or is there some other setup included?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Hi, I kind of stumbled upon this randomly but I might be able to help you out.
Just wondering, when you say record the stream do you mean recording the matches or is there some other setup included?
yeah. So that we can use the footage for other stuff (For example, @ Conda Conda could potentially use it as commentary footage for his YouTube channel, and I would like to create a highlight video)

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I am able to do this and I would like to give it a try.
Just wondering, but how long is the tournament?
The rules are as follows: 16 man tournament, double elimination (for now). matches best two out of three until semi finals, in which those will be best of 5. 20 dollar eshop card for NA is the reward. Stremaer will either record just the winner's bracket or both brackets.
So, depending on how smoothly everything runs this time, it could range from 2 to 4 or 5 hours.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
The rules are as follows: 16 man tournament, double elimination (for now). matches best two out of three until semi finals, in which those will be best of 5. 20 dollar eshop card for NA is the reward. Stremaer will either record just the winner's bracket or both brackets.
So, depending on how smoothly everything runs this time, it could range from 2 to 4 or 5 hours.
That seems manageable.
What time does the tournament start?
Also, iirc eshop cards only work only if the system is set to the country the card was bought in, and thanks to them adding miiverse, we can't change our countries anymore.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
That seems manageable.
What time does the tournament start?
Also, iirc eshop cards only work only if the system is set to the country the card was bought in, and thanks to them adding miiverse, we can't change our countries anymore.
Yeah, you are right, which is why it is a North American Tournament. That way, times are more manageable for everyone overall. However, I believe @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed will host world wide tournaments.
I would say the tournament will start at 2:00 PM Central Time Zone as of right now.

Top Bottom