• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

UltimateMach5

Smash Rookie
What the hell is this new interface?!?! but anyway GGs Edmonton! I had amazing matches against everyone from Edmonton.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Brad I heard your bracket making skills are pretty awful.
I heard that too, quite often actually.

next time can you just host brawl + melee or brawl + pm? there isn't enough time, nor will for both to be done in one day, especially when they're so similar.
Well, trust me, as the host? I know every little thing that went wrong, and a LOT did, that being said, I feel like the majority of people had fun, and thats really all I cared about, hell, I didn't really even get much chance to play at all. Not a single friendly at least. Thus is the life of a tournament organizer.

Honest to god, we had time for every event, and things would've went fine. But the two major issues that hurt our time significantly was
A. Keith/Mark/Jack/Cameron all going for food at the worst possible time, every single bracket was being held up by them (mostly Jack and Keith because they wouldn't just lose their matches, god guys, get worst at the game) Not to mention, I was informed by multiple people that they may have left back to edmonton, so there was a lot of confusion about what I should do since after asking everyone nobody could provide any info. (But it was all resolved it's good)

B. Three of the provided TV's were pretty much garbage, unplayable lag is unplayable lag, that cut our usable setups by a ton, and as far as I'm concerned, that KILLED our time.

Not to mention, with around 20ish BRAND NEW players, it was hard to keep on top of everyone and I actually fell through on some of my preparations personally, feel free to roast me for any of this, but frankly, I enjoyed the tournament and I'm sorry to anyone who didn't but I feel it was successful.

Should I mention it may very well have been the largest Albertan tournament since Cast4?

As for results thread, it's on the way, I have just been doing homework. (although it is up on the smashlogic forums, but like, I get it)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
this fricking interface needs to learn how to use proper colours, especially for the line that divides posts cause i can barely see it.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I added a picture just so I knew which posts were mine. I still haven't found a way to navigate to the thread I want quickly, since watched only shows if theres a new post. =/

Anyways, Results are up guys.

I should mention they also took out the formatting for tournament threads, which was really good... so humph.

http://smashboards.com/threads/334227/

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
brandon i wish you were at the calgary tournament

i did work with wario in crews, wish you were there man <3

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Hey Clarke,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OX2C7YgpQ
This is me and ron (falco and falco) vs jack and david (marth and puff), although I only watched the first match so I can't guarantee one of us / two of us didn't get up and leave at one point or something, or if someone subbed in. I'll try to look at the other vids later and get a good idea of who's who.

Edit: That Marth is actually Mark, I think

Brikmaethor

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, Xavier here. (That newbie with the purple scarf.)

Just wanted to give a huge thank you to Brad for organizing the event, it was amazing. I had a really good time. It's too bad that we never got around to Project M singles, but the sheer amount of eye-opening friendlies that I got to play was worth every moment spent there.

My most sincere thanks to everyone who absolutely creamed me on Saturday; my motivation to improve has increased tenfold now that I've discovered that Alberta has a great competitive scene.

Many thanks to Edmonton folks Keith, Cameron and... the Ike main (I completely forgot your name, sorry about that) for playing doubles with me for so long, you guys were great. Sorry we couldn't scratch out a win, Cameron. : (

Got to play many Melee friendlies with Noor and Cameron, thanks for putting up with my mediocre skills for so long. (Also Jeff is now my Marth role model, maaaaan alive that guy can move.)

Big thanks to Kevin for teaming with me in Brawl doubles, those were some fun times. We even managed to win a set!

Finally, I owe a huge thank you to Clarke for being the friendliest guy ever and having a really inviting attitude. Thanks for encouraging me to get better, man.

After all that, I think I broke my C-stick playing so much. I recall reading something a while ago about a big Calgary order of controllers from Play Asia. If that's still in the works, I would be up for buying one or two.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
Hey Xavier, glad you came to smashboards.
Dont feel bad about having no chance against me, Ice Climbers are the jankest char in the game and really hard to learn the matchup for.
Just got back from the source with cables/splitters, if everything works i should be streaming handoff practice later today.
edit: just got it streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/ghillieguide# , just gonna be streaming handoff practice

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I knew I recognized that username!

Glad you made it out Xavier, as for the controllers order, I know I'm not a part of it, but after we did some math (Paul and I) I think we found out buying in bulk is almost entirely unneccesary but paul was the one looking at that I know.

BloodyIron

Smash Cadet
Hey folks, LANified! has some sweet details you'll probably find delicious.

1) Added 2v2 SSB:M tournament
2) Finalized prizing for both
3) Finalized rulesets for both

For details head to: http://smashboards.com/threads/332868/

Hope you like the details ^^

We're doing a bunch of other stuff too. If you have questions or whatever please post in our event thread :D

Brikmaethor

Smash Cadet
@Clarke: Haha, no worries. I was happy enough taking two stocks every game. I expected to do much worse than that. I'm quite certain that if you had wanted to you could have 4-stocked me in both games. I saw those missed edgehogs.

Or maybe you just fell prey to my amazing recovery mix-ups.

@Brad: Ah, ok. Thanks for the information. It looks like Play Asia will be getting some business from me in the near future, then.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'm even debating whether or not to have a webcam feed since no one even commentates here lol

On a worse note, singles and PM crews apparently did not get the sound recorded. You guys will have to deal with the camcorder sound only.

Virtualdub sucks

Top Bottom