• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
triple falcon was fun as always. Sonic is soo good in teams, i just need to get better and stop sd'ing.
reverse dair regrab>ben's falcon lol.

Anytime99

Smash Cadet
Hello all!

WOW! Are there people in Calgary(or Alberta in general) who actually play smash semi-competively? Holy **** lol.The reason why I stopped playing smash a couple years back was not because of the lack of people to play with(all my friends own melee/brawl), but their level of play.

Some questions:

where/when do you guys meet up?
do you guys have a FB group?
how many of you are there?

I'm lucky to have stumbled upon this thread!

(fun fact: even though I just made an account here I used to read smashboards religiously in the distant past )

Tyson651

Smash Lord
We usually just state when we're smashing on here. No real consistent dates except fgcc at uofc.

Yes, but no one uses it

Melee or brawl? I only play melee. And I think the melee scene is larger or more consistent on attendance.

:phone:

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
@anytime our facebook group is Alberta Smash House, during the school year the FGCC will organize smashfests and tournaments. normally FGCC will organize events, during the downtime i am hosting small smashfests of around 4 regulars, as for the entire community there are about 20 regulars. the competition is quite high if you are just the best on your block/of your friends. Most of us play melee and P:M, with a minority/subset that plays brawl.
Welcome to the community and i hope you can join us next year for FGCC events.
also this thread recieves more attention than FB!

Anytime99

Smash Cadet
@anytime our facebook group is Alberta Smash House, during the school year the FGCC will organize smashfests and tournaments. normally FGCC will organize events, during the downtime i am hosting small smashfests of around 4 regulars, as for the entire community there are about 20 regulars. the competition is quite high if you are just the best on your block/of your friends. Most of us play melee and P:M, with a minority/subset that plays brawl.
Awesome! Even with my busy schedule I'd love to join you guys for some matches. I play melee, brawl, and some 1vs1 fighters (UMVC3/SSF4) .

Even if I may not be the most talented guy out there(however, I might be the most competitive :p) I would love to just play some smash again.

Is this thread the best way to learn about upcoming events?

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Welcome fellow smasher! I think we probably have something going on after Christmas. Calgary pretty much smashes weekly during the school year. Do you go to high school or univeristy?

Anytime99

Smash Cadet
Welcome fellow smasher! I think we probably have something going on after Christmas. Calgary pretty much smashes weekly during the school year. Do you go to high school or univeristy?
Thanks! Sounds great!

I graduated from high school last year. Right now I'm working two jobs in preparation for university next year.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Tyson@partypooping.com tho that vid was unimpressive.

Am I the only person in Calgary who wants to Brawl? I was thinking of making a skype group so we can at least stay in contact somehow. All the brawlers do on here is lurk. I'm looking at you, James.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Well I got us a new player cam. And hopefully my laptop can run a webcam recording + mic as well.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
where/when do you guys meet up?
do you guys have a FB group?
how many of you are there?

(fun fact: even though I just made an account here I used to read smashboards religiously in the distant past )
Hey there! I'm Bread, I'm probably the current oldest (as in, playing the longest) calgary smasher and I generally know if somethings going on, nice to know we still got new people coming around and I assure you, we have some VERY good players.

As for meet ups, frankly they're random, based on someone having the availability to host or some kind of event, I am going to be hosting tournaments more often in the new year, and am hoping to run something in the January February area, so keep in touch. If you don't mind using a more direct line of communication, I use skype Breadjones8, and my phone number is 403-804-5675, I don't mind texting at all, but no gaurantees on a reply at 4 in the morning to let you know that you should've waveshined OoS instead of spotdodged and grabbed.

We DO have a facebook group, despite the fact that it is dead and useless. For just smash I sincerely suggest keeping an eye on this thread, it's the best place. For other games, I actually recently started a business called Smash Logic Gaming, and I intend to keep as updated as possible with competitive gaming events there, feel free to check that out as well. (www.smashlogic.ca) (we also have facebook and twitter, those are currently the most reliable for news)

as for our numbers, it varies depending on games being played, timing, etc, but I'd say if someone hosted a random smashfest we could pretty easily get 8 people no questions asked as long as theres not some problem. Last tournament just being calgary had... **** I don't remember... well it had over 30 people split between events.

Also interesting that you never saw this cause it's been around for quite some time. Nice to have you.

*cough* and smashlogic...

Both...personally, I prefer melee although I'm EXTREMELY rusty.
I'll Money Match that rust off you =P

Melee is more popular here anyways, any chance you live in the southeast? I'd love to help de-rust you.

Even if I may not be the most talented guy out there(however, I might be the most competitive :p) I would love to just play some smash again.

Is this thread the best way to learn about upcoming events?
Yes.

Based on that wording... please excuse my bluntness, but are you white?

And do you play Falco?

Because if the answers and yes and no respectively, then you are going to be very cool.

**** that sounds so racist.

I like to brawl!
But I'm really interested in P:M 2.5 with Diddy.
Figured everyone was busy with Xmas and stuff.
diddy looks exactly the same to me lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Next time we play some Melee, I think I'm gonna practice up my Link some more.

Oh, Ron. Wanna semi-sorta money match at Stephan's in Melee? My Link vs. your Falco (or your Falcon, whomever), loser buys the winner a blizzard or something from DQ. :p

Crusayer

Smash Lord
What, in melee? lol

I'm not gonna be there this week though. Family dinner that night -__-. Unless you can be there at 4 lol

Anytime99

Smash Cadet
Hey there! I'm Bread, I'm probably the current oldest (as in, playing the longest) calgary smasher and I generally know if somethings going on, nice to know we still got new people coming around and I assure you, we have some VERY good players.

As for meet ups, frankly they're random, based on someone having the availability to host or some kind of event, I am going to be hosting tournaments more often in the new year, and am hoping to run something in the January February area, so keep in touch. If you don't mind using a more direct line of communication, I use skype Breadjones8, and my phone number is 403-804-5675, I don't mind texting at all, but no gaurantees on a reply at 4 in the morning to let you know that you should've waveshined OoS instead of spotdodged and grabbed.

We DO have a facebook group, despite the fact that it is dead and useless. For just smash I sincerely suggest keeping an eye on this thread, it's the best place. For other games, I actually recently started a business called Smash Logic Gaming, and I intend to keep as updated as possible with competitive gaming events there, feel free to check that out as well. (www.smashlogic.ca) (we also have facebook and twitter, those are currently the most reliable for news)

as for our numbers, it varies depending on games being played, timing, etc, but I'd say if someone hosted a random smashfest we could pretty easily get 8 people no questions asked as long as theres not some problem. Last tournament just being calgary had... **** I don't remember... well it had over 30 people split between events.

Also interesting that you never saw this cause it's been around for quite some time. Nice to have you.

*cough* and smashlogic...

I'll Money Match that rust off you =P

Melee is more popular here anyways, any chance you live in the southeast? I'd love to help de-rust you.

Yes.

Based on that wording... please excuse my bluntness, but are you white?

And do you play Falco?

Because if the answers and yes and no respectively, then you are going to be very cool.

**** that sounds so racist.

diddy looks exactly the same to me lol

Hi!

I believe my addiction to other games(electronic and non-electronic) in addition to my busy schedule prevented me from locating this thread.

Yea, I'm white LOL! Cause u know...white is right...right?

I play Marth(and have like 6 pocket characters)...sorry!

Here's my number if u wish to text/call me.(slighty risky but IDC). i live in the NE

403-615-3372

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hi!

I believe my addiction to other games(electronic and non-electronic) in addition to my busy schedule prevented me from locating this thread.

Yea, I'm white LOL! Cause u know...white is right...right?

I play Marth(and have like 6 pocket characters)...sorry!

Here's my number if u wish to text/call me.(slighty risky but IDC). i live in the NE

403-615-3372
hey bro. totally gonna like. call you and track you down now. nice going with revealing your phone number. :)

--

Jk. Welcome to the party!

I'm Brandon, one of the Edmonton (by association) reps for Brawl, though I do play Melee once in a while.

You're adding to the Marth numbers. The prophecy of Marthberta shall continue!

Anytime99

Smash Cadet
hey bro. totally gonna like. call you and track you down now. nice going with revealing your phone number. :)

--

Jk. Welcome to the party!

I'm Brandon, one of the Edmonton (by association) reps for Brawl, though I do play Melee once in a while.

You're adding to the Marth numbers. The prophecy of Marthberta shall continue!
It's all good! That number is one of the plethora of fake numbers I use from my stolen cell phones.

:p

Tyson651

Smash Lord
stop asking so much personal info. you negros need to just give some personal space and let him ease in the group by playing with us first.

Top Bottom