• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Well, maybe I put that wrong.

I'd say honestly if everyone gets together we have similar sized communities (forgetting retired players and people not actually from edmonton, because yeah edmonton has way more than way) but like, nobody watches matches and cares, like finals just get ignored lol.

edit: Unless Paul says he's gonna do something to arthur, then he's excited/

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Our finals get ignored too lol.

Jack always #1 if Carl doesn't show. Jack vs Luke typically. Else Carl vs jack.

Connor's match was like bracket r1.

:phone:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
in the brawl scene its essentially luke and jack

with pm, both of them being strong melee and brawl players

makes sense haha.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Well, maybe I put that wrong.

I'd say honestly if everyone gets together we have similar sized communities (forgetting retired players and people not actually from edmonton, because yeah edmonton has way more than way) but like, nobody watches matches and cares, like finals just get ignored lol.

edit: Unless Paul says he's gonna do something to arthur, then he's excited/
Lol our double Roy crew battle me vs you was pretty hype

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
connor is an entertainer

edit: after watching that clip again the best part was
"OHHHHHH GET THE FUC- OHHHHHHHHH"

Quaff

Smash Rookie
I retract my question because Clarke is a bully. So, who's going to the FGCC event on Thursday?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think it'll be hard to take first against jack. Although Luke has gotten second twice I think the results could be anything afterwards.

Toon Link is neat. Luke's TL is pretty good due to his years of experience with YL in melee, but yeah as a character in general still pretty lacking.

That upb is so bad. Why not just play link over tl

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
hahahaha

im just basing that off the fact that he lost to brandon before in bracket, close games in bracket with connor, and he and i have very close friendlies.

but luke <3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Toon Link's up+b is really good as a follow up from a throw (can't remember which one). I think it's guaranteed against Peach.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeahhhhhhh but its really not worth giving up you know, a recovery

what can upb do that uair/dair cant lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
yeahhhhhhh but its really not worth giving up you know, a recovery

what can upb do that uair/dair cant lol
It kills a lot earlier than uair and slightly earlier than dair, plus will get an opponent offstage a lot easier. It's also great for putting up a wall while someone is trying to get the ledge. Surprise upBs are great too, especially since it can catch people off their DI.

Bomb jumping gives pretty weak damage, and it's hard to **** with since the height given is actually huge so I can do it pretty far away from the stage and recover since TLs drift is pretty good.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
But like, is it really worth it. Like sure you can bomb jump but it's still ****, easily edgeguarded, and extra damage thats just not necessary.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah but i mean like

is it really a good trade for a "slightly" better alternative to dair with its gimmicks for a decent recovery?

like, link's grapple is lengthy as is his up-b, and their both arguably more useful that TL's.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link feels really small in Project M

Lol our double Roy crew battle me vs you was pretty hype
You were the hype. I just like playing fun characters lol. You played a lot better than I expected though.

Smash? on a Thursday?!? I'll be there!!
FROM THE GRAVE MAN!

Guys, I am so furious, I am about to barge into some doors and force people to answer me about booking venues.

Can I ask a question regarding my upcoming tournament?

Guys, so I'm looking into some financials, and I really have no idea what to expect, can you guys post your interest so I can make some fake numbers as well as how much is too much?

I'm considering $10 entry fee, and maybe $10 for each event? (teams being $5 per person) and depending on time constraints I might just do Melee/ProjectM, or Brawl/Melee with the third as a side event.

Could I get some opinions? Because putting down 4 figures is tough without knowing anything.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
if its during that weekend, i am confirmed.

I think most of edmonton who is interested in going down would rather have pm (myself included), and calgary would obviously want melee, so the pm/melee split is probably the best.

Those costs are fine. I dont know if anyone is really super concerned about the pot. As long as we can cover the rental fees, charge what you need to. Is there a possibility of a free venue by chance?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Yeah those third random serious matches bro, I've been doing that for so long you think I'd be good with most characters by now.

As for free venue Victor, I am trying to get any discounts I can but being that I am not truly a "non-profit" it's hard to get free venues that are decent. Right now I'm hoping to convince my school to let me rent out rooms (they have like, the perfect setups, a million plugs on every table for laptops, auto projector, etc.) but ultimately I need to put money forward depending on number of rooms, and I dunno if I should expect 30 people, 50 people, or even 100 people, I am advertising to UofC, SAIT, and MRU after all.

As for the money, if I get enough people I shouldn't have to go over $10 a person, I just want to make sure I don't have to cut into the pot without having a really good reason.

I am also currently contacting sponsors in hopes to get refreshments, maybe food, anything I can provided. I'm also secretly for anyone who reads this one line, investing in maybe a custom one time only prize for the winner of the tournament?

And of course, hoping to get discounts at a local bar for an after party.

However, NONE OF THESE THINGS ARE CONFIRMED, THE ONLY THING THAT IS CONFIRMED IS I AM TALKING TO ROOM BOOKERS ABOUT NOV 10th FOR SURE, I DONT KNOW IF I WILL DO 1 DAY, OR 2 DAY AS THAT DOUBLES MY COSTS AND YOURS, I AM STARTING WITH THE MINIMUM, AND HEY ITS A LONG WEEKEND WE COULD ALL JUST HANG OUT ANYWAYS WHO GIVES A **** IF ITS ONLY 1 DAY.

tl;dr no really, read that last part above this.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
I retract my question because Clarke is a bully. So, who's going to the FGCC event on Thursday?
I might go, but it's my birthday that day so I might be doing something with my family. I should be able to make the casuals the next few weeks though.

Top Bottom