• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

FalseFalco

Smash Master
From what I've heard the races are pretty "even" in tournaments meaning you can pick one up and do equally well as another. I'm saying they got lucky because it wasn't always like that; the pro players developed specific strategies for each race that made one better than another over and over until they were about the same.

This kind of thing happened with melee (Sheik was considered the best for a long time, Falco was really low on the tier list for a long time) until pro's developed strats which either boosted the character or evened the playing field. It's all luck really, as half the things that make the matchups close were intentional.

aaaand I'm done pretending to know starcraft

kithkin

Smash Champion
I'd love to point out my bowser doesn't have troubles with MK like all of you do.

You guys really just whine about MK because you can't play against him, It's real easy to beat metaknight (I mean, so long as the player behind the knight isn't better than you, cause obviously you'll lose then) Metaknight isn't great he just beats out all of you people because you arn't playing against him right. I've proven this to calgary pretty harshly when they get ***** by my MK which sucks, yet then they try to use MK and I 3 stock theirs with bowser no problem.

ah well, what do I care.

In other news, What the **** is this ****? you all seeing what I see?

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I just went in an online brawl tournament today, and it was horrible. Absolutely terrible.

1. Everyone is sonic. You will get hit.
2. Those who aren't Sonic are Marth, and Fsmash is their only move. You will get tippered. Every time.
3. Two second lag, not even kidding: yet your opponent can time perfect dodges and power shields as if there was 0 lag.

/end frustration

kithkin

Smash Champion
Jarett. Find better places to play, use AiB, nobody plays sonic, and the lag is only 1 second XD

theres not really any marths either... its actually erally diverse.

Anyways, basically you guys are just complaining about things you arn't trying hard enough to avoid is what I'm saying Carl.

and hey, I'll take you on any day, I'm better than you at brawl, you're godly over me at melee. Got beef? I will step into my spot in brawl discussion.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Jarett. Find better places to play, use AiB, nobody plays sonic, and the lag is only 1 second XD

theres not really any marths either... its actually erally diverse.

Anyways, basically you guys are just complaining about things you arn't trying hard enough to avoid is what I'm saying Carl.

and hey, I'll take you on any day, I'm better than you at brawl, you're godly over me at melee. Got beef? I will step into my spot in brawl discussion.
Money match

Tyson651

Smash Lord
brad, im pretty sure if u cloned ur self, and made one of u play bowser, and the other play mk, the mk will win. hands down.

and brad, dont be so stubborn, everyone knos mk is a godly character, u cant deny it just cause ur playing it. snake is a godly character too, but i dont care.

just cause ur bowser can beat mk, doesnt make mk crap, it just means the mk's ur playing arent as good.

mk and snake are pretty much close on par in how great the character is, yet u beat mk easily, but u cant beat snake easily. its the knowledge of matchups and who is playing that character, not the character it's self.

mk and snake > everyone else

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ijwtGCaRg

I'm sure you can see a correlation between this and smash. So will patches be a way to improve brawl? Does nintendo care? SC had a huge competitive market, brawl not so much.
Nope. A Wii doesn't have the requirements necessary for constant patching like most other gaming systems. And Nintendo clearly doesn't care. They don't communicate with their consumer base, unlike Bungie and Blizzard (although I question Blizzard, as STOP NERFING SHAMANS never seems to get their attention). Nintendo (or at least the makers of Brawl) clearly stated that they didn't want Brawl to be a competitive game, they weren't going to cater to competitives.

So the imbalance of Brawl won't be fixed.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
brad is good at brawl, you suck compared to him
Sure. Maybe. I mean I've played brad and he beat me by a large margin, but is all this trash talk really nescessary? I mean, there are other boards for that. Just money up and settle this debate civily(ish), or if you are gonna trash, put it in a tourney thread to HYPE THAT SHIT! I wanna see at least 3 figures.

You guys really just whine about MK because you can't play against him, It's real easy to beat metaknight (I mean, so long as the player behind the knight isn't better than you, cause obviously you'll lose then)
I like how we have the skill cop out here. So in case you do lose to metakinght, well, obviously it was a more skilled player playing metaknight that beat you, not just metaknight.

I dunno. I shouldn't even be fueling this flame fest (although I do wanna see this money match, and I do want it to be big).

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol, I'll MM you in brawl Carl, sure. if I make it to ADAT.

oh and Tyson, you made my point exactly, I agree metaknight is better, its obvious tiers, but my point is, there arn't that many good emtaknight players, most of the complaints shouldn't be there

IMO Sid was the only good metaknight I saw at CT4, sorry to anyone who played MK, but its true to me.

and my MK is my third, the thing is, its NOT good, it shouldn't be winning, and my bowser could beat it, sheerly because my MK is noobish and ca be beat by a skilled player.

anyways, I really wasn't trying to start a flame war, a one sided one at that. (meaning I'm the only one making rude comments)

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
k it's about time this thread hasn't been an ugly spam fest! i admire the genuine discussion, you guys make me so proud!

in summary:

CARL VS ****ING KITHKIN RECORDED MONEY MATCH

FalseFalco

Smash Master
oh and Tyson, you made my point exactly, I agree metaknight is better, its obvious tiers, but my point is, there arn't that many good emtaknight players, most of the complaints shouldn't be there
are you ********

I certainly don't need to see a "good" metaknight to "prove" he's good. I can tell from the moves. You're not the only one who can tell it's "obvious tiers". It seems you're trying to take validity out of my statements because I'm ill informed and haven't played a "good" metaknight in order to know.

And obviously metaknight can be beaten, but that doesn't limit my ability to bitch about it. What do you take me for?

this **** is on brad

its on

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Brad.

I'm better than you.

You need Metaiknight to beat me. NO DENYING IT SON.
/brag

Actually no I'm Balls at Brawl. I can't Glide toss for my life wtf.

Metaknight is too good. He's like the Marth of Brawl only you don't even need to space with metaknight.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I'll probably take you up on that.

Also, Carl its so on. We reserve best TV and everything. Contact the admins of ADAT. (I fi can make it of course, if not... whenever I next get there!)

oh and Alex, you know for a FACT that my Bowser is a lot better than my MK and has a much better chance of winning anything.

And Carl, once again I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so harsh in my words, I'm not saying I'm better than anyone, I'm simply saying, Johns and Johns and you should stop johning, if you lose you lose, get better so that noob meta's can't ebat you IF THATS EVEN A PROBLEM. Because IMO there wasn't really any noob meta's doing well at CT4

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Brad.

I'm better than you.

You need Metaiknight to beat me. NO DENYING IT SON.
/brag

Actually no I'm Balls at Brawl. I can't Glide toss for my life wtf.

Metaknight is too good. He's like the Marth of Brawl only you don't even need to space with metaknight.
i second that. u need mk to get close games on me lol. whereas ur bowser cant.

it just proves ur bowser is NOT better than ur mk.

dont john about ur mk being crap, cause ur mk is the best char u play out of all the rest u use.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I'll probably take you up on that.

Also, Carl its so on. We reserve best TV and everything. Contact the admins of ADAT. (I fi can make it of course, if not... whenever I next get there!)

oh and Alex, you know for a FACT that my Bowser is a lot better than my MK and has a much better chance of winning anything.

And Carl, once again I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so harsh in my words, I'm not saying I'm better than anyone, I'm simply saying, Johns and Johns and you should stop johning, if you lose you lose, get better so that noob meta's can't ebat you IF THATS EVEN A PROBLEM. Because IMO there wasn't really any noob meta's doing well at CT4
You keep trying to take it to a personal level

it's not about me or anyone i play against. It's about the fact that metaknight as a character is stacked. I've never johned "you only won because you're metaknight". But I have thought it :)

Stevo

Smash Champion
Meta and Snake might be top tier... but dont forget how lame Olimar is!
if he wasnt so gimpable, he'd be my most hated character.
his grab is the spammiest thing ever...

Mike looks at this thread?

kithkin

Smash Champion
I agree with Stevo, Olimar counters everyone, just is gimpy.

And hey, I still personally think my DK does better than my MK against your snake tyson.

The reason I pull MK is because I know that if I pull MK and Luigi's that I can win simply because it both helps meta and wrecks snake. That and like we've all said, obvious tiers, meta has a better chance.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
u havent tried ur dk against me in real life, only online lol.

ur bowser came close online, but it was a total opposite story in real life.

its just online holds me back way too much, ull still have to vs me using ur dk to prove that it is better.

edit: lololol at the tags.

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol the VERY first match I played at CT4 was warming up against Carl's Pit.

I won't even comment on that. Just saying, pit doesn't like fire.

Anyways, DK has a much better matchup on snake than Bowser does, and my DK is rumoured to be as good if not better than my Bowser. So we'll see.

I think It'll be fun, thats for sure.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
lol the VERY first match I played at CT4 was warming up against Carl's Pit.

I won't even comment on that. Just saying, pit doesn't like fire.

Anyways, DK has a much better matchup on snake than Bowser does, and my DK is rumoured to be as good if not better than my Bowser. So we'll see.

I think It'll be fun, thats for sure.
ya my pits not as good as your dk

money match?

kithkin

Smash Champion
Lolololol, the best part is, Carl's gonna pull something and win ADAT while he's at it.

I can just tell that Carl is gonna become the best player there. just because I accepted.

Alright, Best of 5 Carl.

Top Bottom