• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska's route through Pac.West from FCD>OC3; can anyone house us overnight?

Lunaris

Smash Ace
Short story: A few of us (three) plan to drive down through Canada and across the US to major summer tournaments, FCD and OC3. We'd greatly appreciate any offers for a place to stop for the night at a few given locations. We're planning on leaving sometime very early next month (as of now the 4th).

Long story:
A few of us from Alaska(4 max, most likely 3) are planning on making a road trip down to FCD, then down to OC3 (the major tournaments happening this summer, if you are unacquainted). Of course, the destinations aren't the entire purpose of the journey, and so we'd like to ask if there's anyone willing to offer us a place to stay as we move from Canada to South Bend for FCD and from South Bend to Southern Cal.

We could always just stay in motels or sleep in the car, but in addition to motels costing money and the uncomfortable factor of the car, it would deprive us of smash time that we might be able to get if someone's willing to let us rest at their place for a night. As long as we're going to be stopping and resting, we figure we'd might as well try to get some friendly smash in while doing so with whoever's available =)

I have stayed with many people out of state during my smash career and have never had any complaints or problems; I will be respectful, courteous, quiet if necessary, and not ask for much more than a bathroom and a(hopefully clean) floor to sleep on. As my house is the central place for all AK competitive smash, I can vouch for the respectfulness of the others as well.

Here's a list of places in or around the Southwest we'll be going through on our way to the tournaments, if you are in or very near one of these locations and are down for some friendly outside comp for a night, please post:

After OC(after the 22nd)

Sacramento California

Redding California

Eugene Oregon

Salem Oregon

Portland Oregon

Seattle (and surrounding, Bellevue…) Washington

Note, we are also considering going to Evo West, but if we can't get housing between tournaments, we can't go. Any housing for Evo West would probably be for a few days, but the rest is just overnight.

We'll be driving, so we won’t need to be picked up or need food (since we can drive around to shop for ourselves). Basically, the plan would be that we would stop by, play smash, sleep, then maybe some more smash and then take off the next day.

We have threads about this going in the Midwest, Pacific West, and Canada forums as well, they should be near the top if you want to take a look at them. They are almost identical, though.

I guess it should be stated that everyone going on this trip is above the age of 18. I’m the oldest, at 20.

here's a mediocre combo video, made with the intent to show you that it could be worth housing us in terms of smash competition. these videos are made by Captain Alaska, all i did was play in some of the clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPeHwv16zuE

Also here is an old combo video, shown in the Canada thread.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B8lO9ICosJ4

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Here's a list of places in or around the Southwest we'll be going through on our way to the tournaments, if you are in or very near one of these locations and are down for some friendly outside comp for a night, please post:
Eugene Oregon
My apt. is always open to smashers who need a place to crash. Just give me a heads up when you know the specific days. PM me anytime, or AIM me at "Timmy NSM" if you happen to see me on.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
thanks for the offer, timmy. we might take you up on that when we go up from california.

hope we get more responses =/ we'll have a lot of leeway on the pacific west(no -great- rush to get back home) trip, so we can stop whenever+wherever we want.

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
I'm in Chico, which is right in the middle of sac and redding. I have Food, couches, and a mattress if you guys are interested.

Not a great smash scene. (pretty much only me) But a place to sleep regardless.

Hell, even if you just want to breakup the 3 hour drive. = )

T0MMY

Smash Master
You can usually find smashers in Portland, OR willing to help with housing as well because there's a good Smash scene there.
Seeing as you're on your way through Eugene from OC3/Evo maybe we can carpool with you guys if you have room? We're skinny vegans, we can fit in the smallest of seats with room to spare and would offer gas money as well as vegan snacks and ndn stories.

cmin

Smash Ace
hey im one of those portland smashers that Tommy mentioned. I'm more than welcomed to house you guys, im from portland OR so if you are going thru there just give me a call. i got 2extra bed rooms, and what not just PM me if you are interested

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I'm in Pomona, which is about 45 min from OC / 2 hours from SD. I could probably house you; PM me or AIM me (it's in my profile), but let me know ahead of time obv

Lunaris

Smash Ace
Thanks for your offers, everyone. Seems like things are picking up a bit with housing on this forum.

I'll contact you all soon.

T0MMY, we might be able to give you guys a ride up to Portland, if that's what you are asking. There'll be 3 traveling, the car has room for 5. Although, having 5 people in a car driving hours on end would be hell. Maybe we could stop at a few places on the way for local smash, there's no rush on the road back up to Alaska.

T0MMY

Smash Master
T0MMY, we might be able to give you guys a ride up to Portland, if that's what you are asking. There'll be 3 traveling, the car has room for 5. Although, having 5 people in a car driving hours on end would be hell. Maybe we could stop at a few places on the way for local smash, there's no rush on the road back up to Alaska.
That's great news. However, there's going to be a HUGE Smash Fest in Eugene the same week as EVO, so if you guys are staying for EVO then we might not be able to hitch a ride with you. However, you're invited to SF:E which isn't as awesome as EVO, but definitely a lot more fun in it's own unique way. Last I saw you weren't sure if you were staying for EVO, so maybe SF:E would be a better event because it's on your way back up to Alaska.

Top Bottom