• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I've made up so many names, it's just stupid. My original smash tag was HERO and I played Link.

Majist is a name I used for Gogo in FF6 (FF3 for the SNES). I really wanted to use "Ragnar" as my tag, which is the name I used for Edgar, but it's a common name, I guess, cuz it was already taken :/

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Russ, looks like I'll be heading your way later this afternoon. I'll bring my Gamecube for Melee and my SD card for Brawl+. I sent a message to Lake, one of the guys from BSC, but haven't heard anything back yet, so I don't know if the two of them might also head our way for smash.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
yo ref. You going to zero gamer's tournament on the 5th?
Well I gotta tell you guys I really would but I tried to play Brawl two nights ago and it was terrible. My heart just wasn't in it. I just wasn't having any fun and had to go do something else. I mean I'll probably get back into eventually but right now I have no desire at all to play it. I have a small desire to play Melee and a very large desire to play 64 though. lol I will probably still come to a tournament occasionally to see everybody and hang out though.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Well I gotta tell you guys I really would but I tried to play Brawl two nights ago and it was terrible. My heart just wasn't in it. I just wasn't having any fun and had to go do something else. I mean I'll probably get back into eventually but right now I have no desire at all to play it. I have a small desire to play Melee and a very large desire to play 64 though. lol I will probably still come to a tournament occasionally to see everybody and hang out though.
You should go to the tournament and play brawl+ doubles with the whole day.

Give B+ a shot it's not bad :O!!

Guys speaking of not bad things I just read this entire webcomic in one sitting it's definitely in my top 3 favorite webcomics of all time (the other two being Problem Sleuth and Grim Tales from Down Below, in no particular order)

http://www.rice-boy.com/see/index.php?c=001

Yeah.

Oh also it's finished so you can actually get some resolution which is AWESOME

actually now that I think about it PS and GTfDB are both completed webcomics also...interesting

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
You should go to the tournament and play brawl+ doubles with the whole day.

Give B+ a shot it's not bad :O!!
Well I'm not saying I don't like Brawl just that I'm tired of it cause it's like the only game I really played consistently for the last year or so.

But yeah I'll definitely try Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl if I ever get the chance. The fact that they're both new to me will in of itself make me interested in them.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
So, is Smashing going on right now at Aznseal's house?

Slam, do you play Melee?

Also, how many people have Smash 64 (preferably from the Nintendo 64) setups? I'd like to know how many potential setups we could have when I host a tourney for it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
nvermind im not coming then.
because idk where that is at.
yes i play melee.
let me fix that.
yes, i wish i was good at melee so i play it whenever it's around.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
what's wrong with your wii?
if it doesn't read discs you can still boot from usb.

no GC games tho.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
I like the name Murdoc, but it was taken in WoW, I liked the idea of a X sounding like a Z, hence the combination of the two: Xeedoc.

I guess I just like E's...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Also, how many people have Smash 64 (preferably from the Nintendo 64) setups? I'd like to know how many potential setups we could have when I host a tourney for it.
I think I have a copy lying around. At the very least, I still have my N64 here.

I want to clarify--N64 Smash is the best Smash game.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Well, it looks like setups won't be an issue.

I already promised KOkingpin that I would do Brawl+ Singles and Doubles for the next tourney, but the one after that might be Smash 64 Singles and Doubles.

I've never had enough people to play 64 doubles with though. I wonder what it's like...

moogle

Smash Ace
Well, it looks like setups won't be an issue.

I already promised KOkingpin that I would do Brawl+ Singles and Doubles for the next tourney, but the one after that might be Smash 64 Singles and Doubles.

I've never had enough people to play 64 doubles with though. I wonder what it's like...
64 doubles has framerate issues. :(

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
n64 ---> gc adapters?

i'd imagine the real n64 players would want real n64 controllers

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'd prefer the GC controller. I'd just remap a button or two over.

The N64 controller cramps my hand something fierce.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I always thought the N64 controller looked like a clown smoking a control stick.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
Moogle claims the N64 is the best of the Nintendo controllers... but it is really an awful controller design.
they don't really make n64 controllers anymore, right? and I don't think they had much endurance to begin with. It seems like it'd be easier to run N64 tournaments now just with Wii's + gamecube controllers.

there really hasn't been a sb64 on virutal console yet? :confused::confused::confused: I guess this is the punishment for not modding your wii like everyone else.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Yeah, n64 controller is pretty awful. I don't mind play on the Wii or 64, either are fine for me.

Aye t1j, I think your apartment still has my SD card after I let you guys borrow my Wii.

Sensai

Smash Master
I just wanted to stop by and clear Bloshi's name. I'm very much alive and not dead (PLEASE SEND HELP!!!).

I was really lookin' forward to seeing a few of you at that tourney in wherever the hell Tennessee the other day...and then **** came up. Sister was in her first serious play, dad had a big birthday....I had to go home for the weekend.

I <3 all of you. That is all.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm so involved in Dragon Age now, so I no longer care about the real world.

Virtual reality ftw.

Top Bottom