• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ATTENTION ALABAMA:

shaSLAM has over 100 posts and is a smashjourneyman on the boards.

10journeyman's
!!!!!!!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I've yet to even play Killer 7.

I have however had a chance to buy XIII for like literally 5 bucks, and I'm impressed at how much it really doesn't suck.

You know, for 5 bucks.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
If there were to be some Lovecraftian horror that is a melee and brawl tourny combined into one day, I suggest melee singles and brawl doubles. Brawl was made for doubles as melee was made for singles.

imo
that sounds good to me, though maybe brawl doubles first. :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
last time i held a melee tournament, hardly anyone came. tuscaloosa locals dont want to play melee. if i can round up enough out of town support i'll consider doing an all melee event, but GA people are pretty flaky and who else is there to play besides huntsville, and the like 6 ppl in MS?

nes noob will probably come though and reserve his television for melee only :-D

anyone want to play online

Pr0t0

Smash Rookie
If there were to be some Lovecraftian horror that is a melee and brawl tourny combined into one day, I suggest melee singles and brawl doubles. Brawl was made for doubles as melee was made for singles.

imo
absolutely agree with this
melee doubles are too fast and chaotic, and brawl singles are too slow and simple
best of both this way

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
melee doubles are not fast and chaotic if you
1) have a good teammate
2) play melee

good teammate also implies a constant teammate

also come to my house this week?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the only thing about a low tier tournament is we'd probably have to change the name to an Automatic Reflex wins tournament

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Ness and his bulging head approve of this low tier tournament.

Typing on wiinet sucks btw. :urg:

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
What would be lowtier, exactly? Remind me, I'm not 100% certain anymore.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
What exactly would the cut off point anyways? We don't want people maining Luigi just because he's mid tier and has no bad matchups with any of the low tiers now do we lols?

*twiddles fingers*

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I would really like a low tier tournament, and would go no matter where the cutoff is (if i can go, parent stuff).
The only problem is deciding where to cutoff though, or even whether to use the smash back room's list. Is Ness really low tier? Plus the SBR might have put him there because of Marth's infinite, which is moot when it's a low tier tournament anyway.

But even if you announce that your definition of lowtier is "Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and G&Watch", I will be enthused.

@Will_ I text you occasionally but with no reply. Do you have texting/ do i even have your right number? If you are on limits or something that's understandable. Anywho, i just got advance wars days of ruin. I'm reading a little up on it, i think i'll do enough of the campaign to get good COs and then start playing you, since campaign mode will only teach me how to exploit AI.

Oh, and as I'm reading... the guy who essentially has a moving black crystal? That, that's banned.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I haven't received any texts from you, are you sure you have the right number? 256-468-4595

And sure, we could do some AW:DoR tomorrow.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if i ran a low tier tournament, i would use the SBR's list with no exceptions. That's just the way low tier tourneys are done (and also a way to update the tier list if enough tournaments show that that is needed)
I dont think ness is low tier, I don't think yoshi's low tier either but thats what the BR's have decided for now. but i'm pretty sure that marth's infinite on ness isn't the sole reason the BR decided that ness is low tier.

the available characters would be:

Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

i would probably play Link or Jiggs, or maybe Yoshi

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Link, Yoshi, Sonic, Mario, or Ganondorf

Low tiers rule...

But isn't that the version 1.0 list? It's kinda super outdated unless there's one I'm not aware of. It's too bad Ike and Bowser aren't low enough, Bowser is good but Ike really does still suck right there around how Link sucks.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Link, Yoshi, Sonic, Mario, or Ganondorf

Low tiers rule...

But isn't that the version 1.0 list? It's kinda super outdated unless there's one I'm not aware of. It's too bad Ike and Bowser aren't low enough, Bowser is good but Ike really does still suck right there around how Link sucks.
I feel the same. Being an Ike main would actually pay off for once. :/

Top Bottom