• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Anime

Smash Journeyman
So there's talk of state vs state crew battles at Tipped Off. Is enough of Alabama going so we can throw our hat into the ring on that?

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The ONE time. You do realize you have to take a cut of the money to make up for the time your store is closed
I don't even know of the place/situation being described, but the only thing TOs -have- to do is let players know beforehand so they don't feel ripped off by information they didn't have until it was too late.

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure there will be more than enough people for each game there from Alabama.
I don't know about the other games, the posts I was talking about had to do with pm. Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina are all trash talking each other, and ignoring Alabama. I'd like for us to have our own team in, but I don't see a huge amount of Alabama people pre-registered for pm. Idk if people are waiting or what. They are sleeping on us a little to hard, I'd like to wake them up.

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about the other games, the posts I was talking about had to do with pm. Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina are all trash talking each other, and ignoring Alabama. I'd like for us to have our own team in, but I don't see a huge amount of Alabama people pre-registered for pm. Idk if people are waiting or what. They are sleeping on us a little to hard, I'd like to wake them up.
I'd definitely like to participate. Our top three will be there for sure (and I think four, but I'm not sure moogle is going), and I'm sure there will be enough talented people there to round out our roster.

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
I know the Tuscaloosa guys are going so that's 3 top 10 players from Alabama. I think Auburn is going too so that would be 3 more top 10 players, and I'm pretty sure Russ is going too. Nvm Russ is not going.

Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm coming down from Huntsville through Birmingham for DGR. I may be able to pick a couple people up as I pass through.

Guffie

Smash Cadet
Just to reiterate, I was the TO for the iDaGamer tournaments. I was in Maryland at the time and made the huge mistake of letting the tournament happen while I was away thinking everyone was clear on how everything was run.
As for the money situation, my boss thought it would be a great idea to make a quick buck and instate the whole IDaGamer take half bull**** without consulting me. Which in his defense he didn't have to, since he owned the store, but I still think it was inexcusable.
So for anyone affected by the IDaGamer shenanigans, you have my sincerest apologies. I can assure you that if I was there, I would not have let that happen.
However, we will be under new management in a month or so (owner selling the store) under a new name. So if there is a demand for more tournaments in Alabama, we can probably make it happen. But if you guys don't trust that we can run a tournament without stealing half of your money, I totally understand. That **** was wack.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Just to reiterate, I was the TO for the iDaGamer tournaments. I was in Maryland at the time and made the huge mistake of letting the tournament happen while I was away thinking everyone was clear on how everything was run.
As for the money situation, my boss thought it would be a great idea to make a quick buck and instate the whole IDaGamer take half bull**** without consulting me. Which in his defense he didn't have to, since he owned the store, but I still think it was inexcusable.
So for anyone affected by the IDaGamer shenanigans, you have my sincerest apologies. I can assure you that if I was there, I would not have let that happen.
However, we will be under new management in a month or so (owner selling the store) under a new name. So if there is a demand for more tournaments in Alabama, we can probably make it happen. But if you guys don't trust that we can run a tournament without stealing half of your money, I totally understand. That **** was wack.
If they start up again, me and PhantomThief will be there. Those were our first tourneys, and I enjoyed them.

Last edited:

Shmig

Smash Cadet
My friends and I we're just talking about how we missed your tournaments the other day. We'll be there if they come back.

Child Star

Smash Ace
My dude you didnt seenme reppin us?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Great stuff to Dan and Will, you guys are stepping up big time. Josh gotta stop letting previous performances stunt his progress.

Top Bottom