• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Legit I just dislike bad Juris I think. Also Feng Shui isn't really that scary to me anymore, most Juris do 2 crouching normals>overhead and then we good for the rest of the blockstring bb. Sometimes they'll do sweep instead of the overhead, but then that's wasting ultra time and you don't get that big damage off of it so idc really.
I just listen to http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Kn1cZgmRw

.Hook

Smash Apprentice
what can i say i like fast cancellable characters, if there is another one like that let me know
I mean Juri's forward dash is fast, but her walk speed is one of the worst in the game, so you'll be relying on being able to read when the opponent can't react to a dash or when it's safe to jump (her air to air game real good and she has the potential for a tricky crossup or not situation from certain distances). [EDIT: On second thought her walk speed is fine because her pokes are p great] Other than that her full damage combos require storing fireballs (doing her initial fireball kick motion and holding it until you can cr.mk and cancel that into the actual fireball by releasing it), which admittedly feels really good once you master it. Makoto is kind of similar in the fast dash/slow walk speed area, though she probably wouldn't be as fun for you to play. E. Ryu is all around better, though, most likely. Fireballs are good, footsies are ridiculous and can be confirmed into huge damage. Only problem are his links, if you have execution problems.

I wrote a lot but I love Street Fighter sue me

Last edited:
NNID
MasterIcarus7
I mean Juri's forward dash is fast, but her walk speed is one of the worst in the game, so you'll be relying on being able to read when the opponent can't react to a dash or when it's safe to jump (her air to air game real good and she has the potential for a tricky crossup or not situation from certain distances). Other than that her full damage combos require storing fireballs (doing her initial fireball kick motion and holding it until you can cr.mk and cancel that into the actual fireball by releasing it), which admittedly feels really good once you master it. Makoto is kind of similar in the fast dash/slow walk speed area, though she probably wouldn't be as fun for you to play. E. Ryu is all around better, though, most likely. Fireballs are good, footsies are ridiculous and can be confirmed into huge damage. Only problem are his links, if you have execution problems.

I wrote a lot but I love Street Fighter sue me
Be glad no one mentioned any Anime fighters...or gunvolt

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Going to be one of the lames and join SF stuff when V hits. Just so I can procrastinate more

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
AFAIK Only smash has a real scene in AL.

Birmingham runs a monthly for SF that had four or five guys when I went. Mobile ran one for a while, but I think our TO got tired of being the only one who cared. Dothan has a huge fb group, but ever since they lost their venue IDK if they still run things. Of coarse, there's DGR, which is worth something I think.

Other than those, though, I think it's all basement dwellers. And none of that is Anime or Tekken or MK etc. Just a SF with Marvel side stuff, cause Marvel.

Last edited:

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
The venue they used in Dothan is used by fanatix who use that share it with them. As far as I know though there hasn't been any tournament for it in Dothan and scene has died down a good bit.

Top Bottom