• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Don't know how many Rosalinas were there, but I was one. If you want to play some let me know, maybe I can give you some advice against her.
yeah you were the one I played lol i was the falco
i might be forced to actually play a good character if I want to do well in tournaments

Last edited:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
yeah you were the one I played lol i was the falco
i might be forced to actually play a good character if I want to do well in tournaments
Ah yes. You have a very good Falco. You played very patiently and I wasn't expecting that. Honestly, if you had played a high tiered character, I would have lost.

Last edited:

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Ehh. Idk. Dan does more advanced stuff so I should've been able to win. But he downloaded me after game one and I kept making the same simple mistakes. Also when are you coming back? I wanna go to Low Tier City 3 or SuperSmashCon

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I don't see the appeal in super smash con lol
Same. Most of the Smash community is built around actually playing the game. Going to a convention and only kinda-playing it is weird. I don't think it's possible to hold anyone's attention outside of some musical performances. It's hard to see how casuals and con-goers would be interested in the technical presentations they have. It doesn't look like the panels will reveal any industry insights either. Skimming, I didn't see one notable person on the panel list that is directly involved with the production of the games.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ehh. Idk. Dan does more advanced stuff so I should've been able to win. But he downloaded me after game one and I kept making the same simple mistakes. Also when are you coming back? I wanna go to Low Tier City 3 or SuperSmashCon
Like early August. Finally flying out Friday this week and can knock this out. I dunno when those events are but if they're after I get back then sure.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh nah I would most likely be flying back in on the 4-7th.

Also yes please to hosting more bham events. I'd like to evaluate more smash scenes in state.

Mr_Fruity9

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zhyron23
I have to ask, I'm pretty intimidated by the Smash Community in Alabama. Going by my experiences, no one seemed nice to interact with really. Sorry if this offends anyone. Just wondering.

Child Star

Smash Ace
in a sense. It's not a question. I just haven't seen anyone I could interact with, that didn't seem intimidating..
Have you gone out to events?

If you like smash brothers youll be welcome at events, most of us do different things outside of smash and get along pretty well. It gets rowdy though.

Last edited:

.Hook

Smash Apprentice
Have you gone out to events?
Cause the second you do we're beating you up tbh.

Nah jk everyone's a semi-asshole online because why not? Most people are p chill. Way trill, even (in Tuscaloosa and Auburn [maybe], anyway, s/os to everybody else).

Last edited:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I have to ask, I'm pretty intimidated by the Smash Community in Alabama. Going by my experiences, no one seemed nice to interact with really. Sorry if this offends anyone. Just wondering.
These events can be intimidating. I've only been to two (Bio7 and Birmingham Brawl). I try to be out going, but it can be difficult when everyone is watching a TV. I've come to respect those players that don't mind putting up with a noob like me (@ NinKenDo64 NinKenDo64 ).

Give it time and keep going to these events. It will support the community and as you become a regular, people will recognize and become more friendly.

Top Bottom