• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Of course.
Bowser on PM is the Anti Hype.
But yeah ten dollar money match, who do you play?
I'm not fighting a really lame Marth with Bowser.
I can Double-L Cancel (pressing both L buttons at the same time) Falcon Lombardi's lasers, so I really doubt you could beat me.

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Melee/PM tonight at my place in Montgomery. Text/call for directions, we're going to be running some brackets probably (like $2 buy in for pot fee). 3343801847

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Melee/PM tonight at my place in Montgomery. Text/call for directions, we're going to be running some brackets probably (like $2 buy in for pot fee). 3343801847
Would have gone to this if known ahead of time ...

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Everyone in middle Al is free except @CHEAP PEACH
Let it be known, I am free...

Not too much to brag about, but I got second at a small charity PM tournament at Summer Games Done Quick. Most of the big names skipped out on PM in favor of Melee, but I feel like I scraped some wins off some people I wasn't expecting to beat and did much better than expected. I dropped out of Melee after getting 2nd in my pool just to not have to spend the next two+ hours consumed in more Smash, but I feel like I'm at least pretty decent at that game now.

It's still surprising when people tell me I'm good or fun to play, especially when I feel like they're above my level.

Last edited:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so maybe this is just me being dumb, but after so many years of playing melee and project M it just now registered with me that I can use Up to jump cancel my grabs instead of X. and instead of perfecting the timing of pressing X, Z, i can just smash up and Z at the same time which is wayyyy easier. i'd never had it explain to me this way.. this has opened up new technical possibilities for me because JC grabs is something I could never quite master

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
so maybe this is just me being dumb, but after so many years of playing melee and project M it just now registered with me that I can use Up to jump cancel my grabs instead of X. and instead of perfecting the timing of pressing X, Z, i can just smash up and Z at the same time which is wayyyy easier. i'd never had it explain to me this way.. this has opened up new technical possibilities for me because JC grabs is something I could never quite master
Related, though you've probably already seen this on my Facebook wall:

So this whole time (~9 years), I thought that you could only airdodge in eight directions, but in playing around with it today, I found out that it's actually 16 directions, and that East-South-East and West-South-West gives you more distance than South-West and South-East.

I always wondered why I could almost never get the max distance. This whole time I thought I was bad at timing when it turns out I was just ignorant of the mechanics. Wowww.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah I didn't know that either. I'm not good at precisely moving the stick in a certain direction, maybe I should practice that

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Also try to get in contact with Spade. IDK how frequently they play during the summer but when schools in we play twice a week

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Pretty good Marth main in Birmingham from AZ for a couple days. Does anyone want to to get some melee in? Working so tomorrow or Thursday evening would be best. Not sure if I am spending the weekend ATM.

Rapid42

Smash Rookie
What is this wednesday night smash in huntsville? I live close by huntsville and am looking for people to play melee or PM with. I have a LOT to learn.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Outside of N-Air and landing aerials in general, her moveset is pretty susceptible to spotdodges.

You can clank with Razor Leaf via a shuffled aerial or pretty much anything, really. Mix in dashdancing to mask when you're clanking it and it will be largely ineffective.

If your character has a projectile, you can force her to come to you. Ivysaur B-Air clanks with many of the weak ones, but she doesn't get anything from it and she's generally bad at spacing around them.

If she grabs you, throw -> Up-B is a 50/50, but you have to DI straight left/right instead of up-left/up-right.

I feel that her greatest limitation is that while her individual options are generally very good, her mobility options are pretty limited, so you never have to worry about her shuffling a quick aerial from a runjump. You know where she's gonna swing, so it's all about responding appropriately from there instead of having to respect a lot of space that characters often control via dashdancing.

NNoba

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the community and trying to find some local players to practice against. Me and a buddy play PM together pretty regularly in auburn, but we don't know any other players nearby.

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
There are a few players in Auburn, especially phriendlybear who's always down to play. I'll make sure he gets up with you
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the community and trying to find some local players to practice against. Me and a buddy play PM together pretty regularly in auburn, but we don't know any other players nearby.

Top Bottom