• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hello, i was wondering if anyone here in alabama would be able to drive me up to ohio for the MLG Columbus tournament? I'll pay for part of the gas money and part for the hotel (which i think i already have a group im going to stay with in the hotel)

So yeah im not 100% sure yet if my sister/mom is going to be able to drive me up there and my dad is going to be in afghanistan by that time.

Hopefully my mom/sister will drive me but if not hopefully i can go with a group with one of you.

I live on Ft.Rucker atm but were moving in like a month to enterprise.
Hey--If you have a ride there, I'd gladly come with you and pay for my share of gas/hotel.

Not sure if I'd be able to drive there myself, but, we'll see. It sort of depends how Orlando goes.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i bought a carton of Liquid egg whites, some spinach, and a bag of shrimp.
im going to be eating shrimp and spinach omelettes for the next couple weeks.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
i just dropped the film off of JB tournament pics, got hour developement. im leaving now to get to class, then im gonna pick them up on my way home. zero and i get out at like 630, we'll probably get home w pics at like 715ish.

so if you want to see the pics, they will be posted on the OP of Jungle Beatdown around 730!!

Hope you enjoy!!

some people in pics--
Will_
Zero_Gamer
Cheap
Kola
KOkingpin
AznSeal
Seaking
Matt4300

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
label* lol kola

I was playing blazblue with these guys online one time and they started talking about smash. At first I was quiet but gradually I joined in the conversation. I was like yo guys I'm a smash tourneyf@g ask me anything and I'll answer as best as I can. It went surprisingly well :D
Fak it was late and I wasn't thinking straight :p

But yea man you just don't know. Like Zero and I were mad because noone from SRK showed up at the tournament, and out of the blue we get someone upset and they post this.

@ b'ham smash players
smash players need to shut the **** up about the fighting game scene like you fools think you know something
coming in here and talk **** about tekken 6
get the **** out, go back to your smash boards we don't want you here

we not driving from auburn to birmingham to play at your ****ty house, when i WANTED to go to Isaac's tournaments up there but couldn't for various reasons i for sure am not going to your sorry *** house tournament
and don't **** talk the people that been keeping the b'ham scene alive like wes and lamar and isaac and whoever else (like those dudes i haven't met, SirSmoov and Doren seem pretty cool). they're nice folks and good players and you should be glad that they even ****ing talk to you and are willing to share strats and **** because they don't really have to put up with y'alls bull****.. because just by your forum posts i can tell you say some BULL****. *******es hate your own game but keep playing it for no reason. "few locals we have don't give a flip" you straight wrong. you just wrong.

smash players got no sense

when you talk to me you're going to find everyone in auburn that has connections to this site. there some dudes that play various fighting games in the university game room mainly T6 and **** but its on a ****ty lag tv. they have marvel on there too but you have to get everyone to agree to play that. some of those guys play sf4. but they're not very good and i invited them over some but they didn't really keep coming they don't like losing.

ignore those smash players please, they do not represent the bama fighting game scene in any form or fashion.
Crazy **** right?

Hello, i was wondering if anyone here in alabama would be able to drive me up to ohio for the MLG Columbus tournament? I'll pay for part of the gas money and part for the hotel (which i think i already have a group im going to stay with in the hotel)

So yeah im not 100% sure yet if my sister/mom is going to be able to drive me up there and my dad is going to be in afghanistan by that time.

Hopefully my mom/sister will drive me but if not hopefully i can go with a group with one of you.

I live on Ft.Rucker atm but were moving in like a month to enterprise.
I had no idea we had another Peach player in Alabama lol.
Well as far as I know we don't have plans to ride up there, but with a little work a carpool could form rather quickly. Hope it works out.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
;P No smashing for me on weekdays *frown*

oh and Zero....

WTF IS THIS **** YOU WANTED ME TO WATCH

I mean I can't even tell if this is a hentai or comedy D:< what the hell man

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
finally! i got the pics. sorry for the hold up. i couldnt figure out how to get them on smash, so i had to individually upload them to my photobucket.
yeah, i used a disposable camera bc i didnt have a digi, but yesterday was my bday and i got a digi!!! so next time theyll def be better resolutions.
some are really good, some not so much...shout out to all in the pics!!
btw-pics taken after vbrawl--surprisingly when most people started to leave; guess cause it was getting late.

http://s892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/MLEsis/Jungle Beatdown Tournament Pics/

j00t

Smash Champion
finally! i got the pics. sorry for the hold up. i couldnt figure out how to get them on smash, so i had to individually upload them to my photobucket.
yeah, i used a disposable camera bc i didnt have a digi, but yesterday was my bday and i got a digi!!! so next time theyll def be better resolutions.
some are really good, some not so much...shout out to all in the pics!!
btw-pics taken after vbrawl--surprisingly when most people started to leave; guess cause it was getting late.

http://s892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/MLEsis/Jungle Beatdown Tournament Pics/
I don't appreciate what you guys are doing to Mr. Game and Watch :(

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
That's so weird.

It almost looks like my brother's face is DK's ****.
yeah, every diddy was dk's big *ss d*ck! i ran out of room and had to improvise by placing diddy there...i made this--out of a cardboard box and some paint.

edit:
thnx Will--
so its like this?

correct?

oh my gawd, im so computer illiterate. i blame my parents...i can blame them rt?

yet another edit:
i was wondering if anyone could put the slideshow in here...that way we can just come to this site and see the pics. it's fav in slide show form.

j00t

Smash Champion
*pictitle* = URL of the pic

If you don't know what a URL is then... you need help. ;P

j00t

Smash Champion
computers are the future

get yo **** straight son... or rather... daughter?

That sounded so weird. But I won't edit my post though.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I found them rather easily, you aren't looking hard enough. ;P

Now to look for a character guide for Tenshi and Reimu, so I won't suck eggs at this game.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I've had it for a while now, it took me about a week to get used to it but I like it too.

My only complaint is that you can't see ratings until you vote.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
My only complaint is that you can't see ratings until you vote.
I hate it for just this reason. I've run into two screamers that I wouldn't have before this "update" because I prefer having comments off and used to rely on the ratings to warn me ahead of time. Besides, why even have ratings in the first place? It wastes time if you have to sit through a ****ty video just to learn it's ****ty.

/rant

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I like the thumbs up/thumbs down system but i agree you should be able to see the ratings.

Also it appears that you're not able to view all comments at once anymore. thats something i used from time to time.

they'll probably consistently tweak it, though. Like facebook.
At least they beta tested it before dumping it on us, unlike facebook. so hopefully most of the changes will be user-inspired.

Apparenly the original layout was a mess, with things like "liking" a video automatically added it to your favorites.

Top Bottom