• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I play Pokken for the trainer dress up. No need to be good when I can show off my trainerwaifu

ChillyChili

Smash Cadet
NNID
JoshuaSanders
For HASL it was just funny that Loser Finals had to go to game 5 as we were simultaneously getting kicked from the venue. I believe the only part that wasn't updated was loser quarters onward so for smash4 it went like:
1st: Dog W/ Hips
2nd: Mahg
3rd: Tigrex
4th: ChillyChili
5th: JukeBoxHero, Egaz

Last edited:

Strider755

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ike755
3DS FC
1220-7045-0584
I had a lot of fun at Vs. Hsv this time; I got to show off my improved Charizard, even if i was really rusty from having not played in a month. I wasn't even planning on playing in the tourney until Friday, when I found out about the patch and Charizard's buffs.

So get ready for next month, because I'll definitely be ready to play then.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yeah man I feel ya, I'm working on my buffed character too. If I try and play without relying on rage and throwing irl hitboxes it turns out that my games go a lot smoother now! I'm so happy Nintendo keeps giving us updates so we can all use "Our Improved Character"

SuperFangChan

Practice more.
For HASL it was just funny that Loser Finals had to go to game 5 as we were simultaneously getting kicked from the venue. I believe the only part that wasn't updated was loser quarters onward so for smash4 it went like:
1st: Dog W/ Hips
2nd: Mahg
3rd: Tigrex
4th: ChillyChili
5th: JukeBoxHero, Egaz
On the topic, Melee wasn't updated, and went:
1st: Googlyeyed
2nd: Super Fang Chan
3rd: KOKingpin
4th: Zoma
5th: Citizen Insane, Xtreme

*edit: PM is up to date :9

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Edit: Given how difficult the set ups will be for Pokken Tournament, is it safe to assume it isn't happening as a side event for tournaments in the area?

Last edited:

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Given how difficult the set ups will be for Pokken Tournament, is it safe to assume it isn't happening as a side event for tournaments in the area?
Probably, it sounds like a pain and a waste of time for how much interest I think there is unless I'm mistaken.

WackySpinachAgate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExclusiveAgate
As much as a hard on I get for wanting to play a Pokken tournament tournament " go figure" I think if you wanted both Pokken and Smash 4 at a tournament you would need a ton of set ups or run them at drastically different times such as Pokken at 11 am and smash 4 doubles at 4 . Or only have 1 game.

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
The fact that you need two setups for one match is the hardest part. Some people still don't have smah dlc. You would need 4-6 wiis, tvs, and the game just to have 2-3 tournament setups.

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
100AngryTurtles 100AngryTurtles Any update on the Kamicon Smash 4 bracket? I know you aren't in charge of the stuff behind the scenes, but it'd be nice to have an update on whether we'll get the results or not.

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
100AngryTurtles 100AngryTurtles Any update on the Kamicon Smash 4 bracket? I know you aren't in charge of the stuff behind the scenes, but it'd be nice to have an update on whether we'll get the results or not.
The guy is apparently in Japan and cannot send me the brackets at the moment. When I get them I'll finally release the results page

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
Hey man that was originally gonna be for me and moogle, but then I realized there were a few other melee birthdays around that time so I got it for all of us, also we're gonna have jelly beans for bham brawl so try to not make a mess of those.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I'm gonna stop going into the comment sections. I keep seeing "be more creative" for kills since the nerds in Smash4. Newsflash: bair offstage for a kill isn't creative.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm a terrible candidate for friendlies since I take them so seriously. When people want to talk and joke mid game I'm just so bewildered. All I wanna do is use the games to get better : (

ChillyChili

Smash Cadet
NNID
JoshuaSanders
Will you be at Birmingham brawl? I have yet to play you and would love to play friendlies for a while. I need game n watch experience and I assume you need good Yoshi experience
Im aiming to be there and would be down to play, I don't think I've faced a Yoshi yet in AL at all so would cool to see one.

Top Bottom