• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
How to spell a name on Smashboards:
1. Put @
2. Start typing name
3. It spells the rest of it out for you

I got to ragn before I saw your name. Laziness and ****ty attitude gets you nowhere. Yeah you might not give a damn but if you want people to take your point of having a seperate PR or getting more Mobile representation on the PR more seriously you should pretend to not be a ****

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
And to show that I'm not being full of myself, three people including myself spelled your name properly when responding to you, Ragnarock

Ark5712

Smash Cadet
And 4 someone to think Ima look back and forth to spell some fake name correctly... Please....get over yourself.
What about spelling your own fake name correctly? If we're gonna argue semantics, then "Ragnarock" is just as "fake". It should be Ragnarök. You tell him to get over himself, but nowhere in his posts did he come across as full of himself. He just said the same thing everyone else has been saying: there's no point in splitting our PR when we already have a divided community.

Edit: this whole thing is silly, but damn is it entertaining.

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I don't care if you spell my smash name wrong. As long I know you taking to me. Stop acting so damn sensitive. And I can't stop acting like an ass cause thats just me. A zebra can't change its stripes. But we'll talk about this at bham brawl unless one my women need me to lay the hammer down on them. I'll hold me peace til then. But only til then

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
I don't care if you spell my smash name wrong. As long I know you taking to me.
Can I call you Mr. Ragnacock then sir?
Edit: surprised that made it through the censor. Look away Icarus.

Last edited:

Balls2Walls

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4785-7206-5622
Lmao R ragnarock are you like 11.
You know what? Just go ahead and ****ing money match me. 50 cents

Also at Bham Brawl I need someone to help me practice melee tech, I'm getting sick of Sm4sh

Last edited:

BeastRay

Smash Cadet
NNID
pray75
The Birmingham Brawl Smash 4 VODs are uploading as we speak. I have all 5 recorded doubles matches saved, and the singles matches are uploading and processing now. They are going to be under the Birmingham Brawl 5 playlist on youtube, which I'll link when everything is done. I appreciate the patience!

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
I could hardly stand up and nearly threw up at least 4 times during the set. Can't wait for the rematch.
Wasn't aware that was relevant. Maybe you should have stayed in bed? Don't wanna infect anyone else with the smash flu.

GuiseSmash

Smash Rookie
Meh, I don't see the point in having a separate PR until Alabama gets better than the surrounding areas and we're all bopping their PR rankings. Or if Alabama suddenly grew the size of California, but until it should be one cohesive unit imho. But alas, I am but a filthy scrub so what I say really doesn't matter lmao.

Dron

Smash Apprentice
now that j00t is one of the worst players in alabama i don't see how rag could possibly not get 1st at birmingham brawl

Cox Box

Smash Cadet
Meh, I don't see the point in having a separate PR until Alabama gets better than the surrounding areas and we're all bopping their PR rankings. Or if Alabama suddenly grew the size of California, but until it should be one cohesive unit imho. But alas, I am but a filthy scrub so what I say really doesn't matter lmao.
Basically this. If Mobile is so good, then y'all should squad up and come to a tournament outside of Mobile. Come to a Birmingham Brawl, a TUB, a BIO, or really anything. You don't have to come all the way to Huntsville to get noticed and put on the PR, but complaining nobody recognizes the skill of your city when you never leave it to prove yourself is beyond ********.

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
Basically this. If Mobile is so good, then y'all should squad up and come to a tournament outside of Mobile. Come to a Birmingham Brawl, a TUB, a BIO, or really anything. You don't have to come all the way to Huntsville to get noticed and put on the PR, but complaining nobody recognizes the skill of your city when you never leave it to prove yourself is beyond ********.
Personally, I don't really care if I'm put on a PR or not, but you have a point and I won't deny that. But Mobile should be coming to the next Bham Brawl.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i don't travel much atm because of life and being old, but that literally has zero bearing on the point i made. I'm not the one thinking I'm good lol i'd like to get good some time, but I know good and well it wont happen if the only tournaments i go to are hasl and bham brawl.
i would say AL made a decent attempt to be competitive in Brawl, traveled around and made our name in the whole region, most of us didn't compete at a national level, but anytime someone like george or will or billy showed up to a lousiana or georgia tournament people knew to watch out. but now it seems like each tournament just has their own scene. Which is fine, sometimes you can't travel, waking up at 6 am and driving 5 hours sucks. I get it. but that results in a casual smash scene where the same people win every time and no one gets better. It's not just alabama really, I think a lot of regions have this problem, just because there are so many people playing smash "competitively" these day. Back in the melee days, normal people never even heard of a wavedash, so the only people who went to tournaments were the super hardcore players who were willing to drive 5 hours for tournaments.

but yall talking about a PR list when nobody plays each other. If you want to be the best in Hunstville or the best in Mobile, that's great. but there's no basis whatsoever for anyone to talk about who the top 10 in AL is, in any of the games, it's all opinions really. and there's no basis to really call anyone "good" yet tbh until we compete with other regions consistently. We know people like moogle, joot, reflex, and rag are good because they already put in the work a long time ago and/or they routinely play against other regions/top players. the rest of yall need to calm down and go to some tournaments

GingerJesus

Smash Rookie
NNID
GingerJesus115
Regardless of whatever this thread has become in the past few days, you dudes are cool af, and I wanna keep pressing buttons with you guys.
See you dudes at Bham Brawl.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
i don't travel much atm because of life and being old, but that literally has zero bearing on the point i made. I'm not the one thinking I'm good lol i'd like to get good some time, but I know good and well it wont happen if the only tournaments i go to are hasl and bham brawl.
i would say AL made a decent attempt to be competitive in Brawl, traveled around and made our name in the whole region, most of us didn't compete at a national level, but anytime someone like george or will or billy showed up to a lousiana or georgia tournament people knew to watch out. but now it seems like each tournament just has their own scene. Which is fine, sometimes you can't travel, waking up at 6 am and driving 5 hours sucks. I get it. but that results in a casual smash scene where the same people win every time and no one gets better. It's not just alabama really, I think a lot of regions have this problem, just because there are so many people playing smash "competitively" these day. Back in the melee days, normal people never even heard of a wavedash, so the only people who went to tournaments were the super hardcore players who were willing to drive 5 hours for tournaments.

but yall talking about a PR list when nobody plays each other. If you want to be the best in Hunstville or the best in Mobile, that's great. but there's no basis whatsoever for anyone to talk about who the top 10 in AL is, in any of the games, it's all opinions really. and there's no basis to really call anyone "good" yet tbh until we compete with other regions consistently. We know people like moogle, joot, reflex, and rag are good because they already put in the work a long time ago and/or they routinely play against other regions/top players. the rest of yall need to calm down and go to some tournaments
Your the only person that makes sense. From either side. Thx my brotha

BeastRay

Smash Cadet
NNID
pray75
Youtube link to the Birmingham Brawl 5 VODs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPWJv4PpJ824XCKXKhDZaRYUAeXrthMZU

My thoughts on PR rankings: Mobile should be included somehow in the rankings. Don't know how it would be done, but they are apart of the state and should see some kind of representation. Maybe some kind of quarterly could take place in Montgomery that would serve as a litmus test for all of Alabama Smash, and by these quarterlies and local results (with more weight given to the bigger events), a PR including all of the state could form. Whether or not it's possible, I guess it's up to the Montgomery scene, though I myself would not be opposed to scoping out some territory and starting a tourney like that if I had the means necessary.

Top Bottom