• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Anime

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually enjoying tier list discussions for pm now that development has ceased. There's no nagging threat that public knee-jerk reactions will cause weird game balance decisions.

Everyone else's opinion is still **** though.

Last edited:
NNID
MasterIcarus7

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
But you can still look at the results for individual tourneys. I'm telling you this because I already tried it, and it flopped miserably.
Yeah but I am mostly doing this to help the people creating the next power rankings. It is much easier to be able to look at one document and see the placings of any player in the state rather than have to go find every tournament individually. I am also in the process of recording the wins and losses of every player in every big Alabama tournament. I think posting the wins and losses will be much more valuable than just the placings. I'll post here again when I am done updating everything.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Yeah but I am mostly doing this to help the people creating the next power rankings. It is much easier to be able to look at one document and see the placings of any player in the state rather than have to go find every tournament individually. I am also in the process of recording the wins and losses of every player in every big Alabama tournament. I think posting the wins and losses will be much more valuable than just the placings. I'll post here again when I am done updating everything.
I tried making a power ranking, it didn't work out because our scene doesn't know how to stay consistent with anything.

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
I tried making a power ranking, it didn't work out because our scene doesn't know how to stay consistent with anything.
The reason you couldn't make a good power ranking is because you aren't able to gauge how good players are because you don't know any top players in our state very well, you don't go to enough events to actually see how people perform, and you yourself aren't skilled enough at the game to judge other players.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
The reason you couldn't make a good power ranking is because you aren't able to gauge how good players are because you don't know any top players in our state very well, you don't go to enough events to actually see how people perform, and you yourself aren't skilled enough at the game to judge other players.
So we're going to trust the guy with 7 messages?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
So we're going to trust the guy with 7 messages?
This dude with 7 messages hosts a monthly series in Birmingham and frequents the tournaments in both Tuscaloosa and Huntsville. Furthermore, he doesn't have the audacity to think that his individual skill qualifies him to judge the skill of others for a power ranking; he is merely stating that your accolades don't qualify you to be an accurate judge of skill level.

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
I'd like an honorable mention on the smash 4 pr. I don't deserve one, but I'd like one.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Ignore everything I've said over the last 3 days and tomorrow. Just remember, you don't need to be literate to play fox.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Aye....we're closing in to the final months of the sm4sh season.Thanks Turtle for the data, if you can keep it up till Feb I'd be pretty greatful. On a side note, man time is going by way too quick.

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
Aye....we're closing in to the final months of the sm4sh season.Thanks Turtle for the data, if you can keep it up till Feb I'd be pretty greatful. On a side note, man time is going by way too quick.
Will do man! Plan to update it as the tournaments happen. Also when are you going to another tournament? Haven't seen you in a while

LilBigham

Smash Cadet
Speaking of tournaments, who all is coming to Birmingham Brawl? I'm actually spending a majority of my week in Birmingham already so I figured I might as well go

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So Birmingham Brawl and the Press Start tournament are on different days, one after another. I'll see if I can make it to both. xD If I and a few guys need to stay the night would anyone host us? Not confirmed, but considering the option.

@Alabama TOs
I'm pretty disappointed that the viable Mii setups aren't legal at many of AL's tournaments. :(
There's plenty of logically sound reasoning for making different specials available to the Miis located here and elsewhere. And for height/weight I think there's good reasoning on both sides of the debate, so I won't press the issue much there. I can answer any questions people have about Mii Brawler, at least, if you're uncertain about how the character works and functions in a competitive environment, or the viability of 1111 brawler, 1122 brawler, default size brawler, tiny brawler, etc.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Will do man! Plan to update it as the tournaments happen. Also when are you going to another tournament? Haven't seen you in a while
Most likely February. I've got Drill this weekend in Huntsville, I'm locked out of taking next weekend off due to football games, and I'll be in Germany for all of January. No worries though when I do get the chance I'll be back in the scene full swing.

LilBigham

Smash Cadet
I wish I could go to the Press Start but it's just too much work to drive to Birmingham Brawl, drive home, then drive to Alabaster the next day. Tbh, Birmingham Brawl might be my last tournament for awhile because I have a lot of stuff coming up next semester

Top Bottom