• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air Dodging by the ledge.

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
So one thing that i could never grasp was air dodging on/by the ledge. sometimes when i do it i fall right past the ledge and sd, other times, i grab it. i thought it was fast fall inputs but even if i dont fast fall most times i still fall past. any idea what im doing wrong? thanks guys

Y-L

Smash Champion
if you hold down while near the ledge you'll fall past it

if you air dodge too early you'll still be in lag before you can grab it and you'll go past it

SAUS

Smash Ace
I can't say for certain, but it seems like some characters have to wait longer before they can grab the ledge than others.

It appears you main falco. If that's the case, his fall speed combined with late grabbing the ledge (or maybe just fall speed if it is the same for every character) makes it not so good. You have to be like almost a full falco double jump above the ledge without fast falling in order to grab it. You pretty much will only have that happen if you try to jump high and see they will intercept, so you air dodge aiming for the ledge. Otherwise, you will have to land on the stage, get hit by something that won't kill you, or die.

Top Bottom