• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AI that improve

GrapeSodaGuru

Smash Rookie
So I'm sure people have posted this idea before. But I was thinking that it would be really useful for Smash players who can't use internet or don't have real people to play against if Nintendo made a system of challenging AI that learned your play style for the different characters you like to play as.

The bots would grow with you as you play, removing the bot level system and just allowing this new way of fighting to turn up. The bots would learn what moves you like to use a lot, certain combos you pull of, and in turn the bot would think of counters for the moves and combos.

Any feedback or input based on this idea? Post in the comments, because I know this is simple and I would like to see if this could even expand any further.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Well actually, this amazing idea has been implemented into Nintendo's amiibos! So we'll be seeing this when the game come out.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Basically what ^ is saying;
Well actually, this amazing idea has been implemented into Nintendo's amiibos! So we'll be seeing this when the game come out.
The Amiibos will be able to learn & Upgrade from what you, other CPUS, other Amiibos and Other Players do.
...But their 10-15 bucks-a-pop, so buying 'em all will be ALOT of Money.
A Level 50 Mario > A Level 9 Mario.

Last edited:

GrapeSodaGuru

Smash Rookie
Wow, thanks for telling me this stuff guys. I didn't really understand the Amiibo figures, I just wanted some basic figures of Smash characters. But to know this stuff makes me really happy, so at least I can buy Amiibos and know they actually do something other than look purdy.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So I'm sure people have posted this idea before. But I was thinking that it would be really useful for Smash players who can't use internet or don't have real people to play against if Nintendo made a system of challenging AI that learned your play style for the different characters you like to play as.

The bots would grow with you as you play, removing the bot level system and just allowing this new way of fighting to turn up. The bots would learn what moves you like to use a lot, certain combos you pull of, and in turn the bot would think of counters for the moves and combos.

Any feedback or input based on this idea? Post in the comments, because I know this is simple and I would like to see if this could even expand any further.
First we already had that. Brawl did that with its A.I., second it looks like they are confining this feature to Amiibo

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
I like the idea of this being a certain character that watches you while you're sleeping and knows when you're awake. But seriously I think this is an awesome advancement. I'll be watching the tier list to see which character comes out on top and I'll buy those. So that it'll be a good place to practice.
First we already had that. Brawl did that with its A.I., second it looks like they are confining this feature to Amiibo
It may have already had it, but the way how the game is looked is as if Sakurai didn't do anything. Save for arguements, I'm glad he's making it more defined in this one.

GrapeSodaGuru

Smash Rookie
I didn't know that was in Brawl. The bots never seemed to do anything different when I fought them, but maybe it's just subtle or something.

Last edited:

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Amiibos like the others said, but I do like the idea of that. I always wanted the CPU to be a little bit harder. Hopefully the Amiibos will give that challenge without all the perfect shields. It would be so much better to practice like that.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Artificial_intelligence#Rumors
There's no proof that the AI in Brawl actually learned or adapted to anything. It's just a rumor.
I have tested it. I taught my ai to short hop, Dacus, edge guard, meteor smash, and just to play smarter in general. You can't say it's a rumor because if you test it, you will find it's true. Take a mario a.i. while playing as Mario in final destination and short hop a ton. He will start doing it, and it's something untrained brawl a.i. never do. That there is proof enough.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace

Kinda like the Omnidroid 9000.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Artificial_intelligence#Rumors
There's no proof that the AI in Brawl actually learned or adapted to anything. It's just a rumor.
There's no way in h*** that my Brawl AI started crouch-dancing after a KO for no reason. I used to do that for a while before I learned what it actually meant (this was several years ago, back when I was a noob who gave into peer pressure), and even after that as Kirby as a pseudo-taunt because his crouch makes a really annoying sound when done repeatedly. And when I learned what that actually meant, had a fairly natural reaction of "Eww!" and stopped doing it, the AI eventually stopped too.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
There's no way in h*** that my Brawl AI started crouch-dancing after a KO for no reason. I used to do that for a while before I learned what it actually meant (this was several years ago, back when I was a noob who gave into peer pressure), and even after that as Kirby as a pseudo-taunt because his crouch makes a really annoying sound when done repeatedly. And when I learned what that actually meant, had a fairly natural reaction of "Eww!" and stopped doing it, the AI eventually stopped too.
After a KO with ROB, I usually would repeatedly up-tilt as a "taunt".

Senario

Smash Ace
I for one welcome our Amiibo learning CPU overlords. They will rain down 20XX onto us even in smash 4.

GrapeSodaGuru

Smash Rookie
Okay for an update, I'm pretty sure the AI do learn moves. I was fighting Level 3 Metaknights, and they started learning to react and block my down smash. They also blocked the Pikachu bolts when I shot a lot of them at the beginning of the match.

Last edited:
Top Bottom