• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AI Shenanigans

Kos-MosPlushie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kos-MosPlushie
I love the AI in Smash Games. They can be exploited so easily (Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Nothing) while at the same time kick my ass in a brutal fashion. Project M is no exception, and in my opinion I think it has the silliest AI out of any Smash game.

Anyways, this is supposed to be an AI story swapping...thing. Not meant to be negative, just pointing out some of the sillier things that the AI can do sometimes. If the devs are watching and want to fix any of the issues shown here, that's fine, but it's not the intention of this thread.

Anyways, here are some of my experiences with the game:

On battlefield I fought a Donkey Kong that every time he was near an edge, he wouldn't move. He would stay idle until I attacked him.

On Smashville, a Pikachu really wanted to die, so he air-dodged off the edge three times before I finally got the last hit in.

Actually that is a fairly common thing, there have been times I've not lost a stock simply because the AI loves to air-dodge unsafely, and if it's not that it's characters that aren't quite sure how their recoveries work. MetaKnight, Zero Suit Samus, and Squirtle really love the underside of Battlefield it seems.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I like Falco's tendency to fair offstage to his death, or occasionally fastfall bair from the ledge.

One of my favorites, though, is that once I found that if I dthrew Fox on Skyworld near the left ledge, he would always roll left out of it, and remain within grab range. I abused that until around 300% and uthrow killed him.

Pikachu, Metaknight, and ZSS all also seem to have a lot of trouble recovering. Pikachu will often quick attack the 2nd bit straight up and just fall to his death, MK will Dimensional Cape away from the stage, and ZSS uses her tether much too late a lot of the time.

Pit also once decided that gliding off into the right blastzone from the top platform was a great idea.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Had a Falco that stayed on the right ledge of PS2 while I was a little past the middle of and under the right platform. Playing Yoshi at the time, I hit him with an egg, he fell and DJed back to the ledge.

We kept repeating that until he went from 32% to 171% on eggs alone

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Pick Luigi.
Go against Level 9 Marth.
Smashville.
Stand on the floating platform.
Watch Marth get confused.
Watch Marth hilariously 4-stock himself.
Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing.

Alternatively

Pick any character.
Go against Level 9 Zero Suit Samus.
Smashville.
Wait at whatever end of the stage you spawn on till she comes.
Throw her off the edge and watch her fail to recover and die helplessly.
Rinse and repeat 3 more times.
Instant win without moving an inch.

Everything about PM is hilariously fun. <3

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
If you fthrow fsmash Samus off the ledge as Marth she'll tumble to her doom without ever trying to recover.

Last edited:

Agi

Smash Lord
Personal favorite: Team 3 level 9s against you, play Link/Toon Link, start charging your bow and arrow. Might take once or twice to set up, but eventually they'll come around and create a vortex of janky movement around you.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I forget which version a while back this was in, but I remember there was a thing where Olimar (IIRC it was Olimar, correct me if I'm misremembering) would just stand there and do absolutely nothing.

hemisphere

Smash Cadet
Easy "exploit"/way to beat 3.5 level 9 CPU Falco:

Just quickly run and grab the ledge. He'll almost always go for a dash attack, so simply press A to do the ledge get-up attack (easier if your below 100% damage). Then he'll get knocked off the stage and try to do a sweetspot recovery, so just regrab the ledge to edge-hog him and repeat.

An easy way to try this is to pick Falco, choose Dreamland, grab the ledge on the right side (I find right easier) of the stage to lure him and do the above steps. He'll chase after you and try to do a dash attack, but sometimes if he's too close, he'll do a dair.

Top Bottom