• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ahoy chums!

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Yo my names Afro Smash, I'm 19 from England and I'm pretty new to the smash scene. I owned both Melee and Brawl but I was to young to really be getting seriously in to Melee, and then Brawl just didn't interest me very much (partly because I didn't even know how to do smash attacks :[, and never felt motivated enough to learn the controls). But I was reading a news article about smash and in the comments some generous fellow was giving out smash codes! So I though I may as well try it out, and lo I really enjoyed myself. Link is definitely my favourite from the demo, and I'm currently just practicing against lvl 9 CPU, and winning majority of the time though I have no idea how this translates to facing real people (I'll prolly get stomped).

So yeah though I'd join here as I heard it's a cool community, and I'll be looking forward to meeting new people and improving my game!

Purplesheep

Smash Rookie
Hey dude, I just searched 'England; in the search and you came up top! I'm 18 and from england, been playing for a decade or so, and I also joined today. It's cool that you're getting into it, I've only just realised that there is a community to join, I've just been playing with friends all this time.
What are you playing the demo for? The 3DS version? I've only played N64, Melee and Brawl.
I'm basically replying to have an English friend on here, in case there's any events or anything in England... Maybe we could start one one day :p

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Haha, nice to meet a fellow brit! And yeah Just the demo for the 3ds, I'm still a noob atm but practicing everyday and tryna learn all the mechanics cuz i really enjoy playing videogames competitively.

You gonna get it for 3ds or wii u? or both?

Purplesheep

Smash Rookie
Sounds cool, good to see someone getting into the game, I'm really curious about the new ones...
I would probably get the wii-u one, but atm I don't have either console. hopefully one day I'll end up with both, but I'm pretty broke right now.
I found a tournament coming up soon, I'm going as my first ever event, there's loads of hardcore people going so I'll lose, but you should totally come too!
(Ok it wont let me post a link but if you search "SmashUK" on facebook and try to join the group, try to find the event in cambridge on October 11th, should be kickin' )

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Ah yeah cool I joined, I'll have to see if I can make it and if i can convince any mates to come!
How're you gettin down there?

Purplesheep

Smash Rookie
@ Afro Smash Afro Smash - Do your best! I'm driving up rather than down, I live near colchester (just an hour's southeast of the venue) I assume you're up north, meaning you're not within picking up range, otherwise I'd offer :p
@ Harraseda Harraseda - Hey man, I hope you've looked through the thread and coming to this tournament too! Are you new to smash or a veteran?

Harraseda

Smash Rookie
NNID
Harraseda
@ Harraseda Harraseda - Hey man, I hope you've looked through the thread and coming to this tournament too! Are you new to smash or a veteran?
I've played Brawl for a while, but can't possibly come to the tournament. I'm a Manc lad :)

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Actually I'm from the south! I'm from Bristol, we just generally say 'down' round here regardless of where it actually is. Not sure If I'll be able to come but if i can rally some mates to come might just catch the train or bus :]

@ Harraseda Harraseda - Nice to meet you! can never have too many brits in a thread :p

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Well welcome bud, hope to see you around!

But as for your comment on how CPU and real people go people tend to use mind games when playing smash making you think they are doing one thing when really they are doing another, plus they tend to be much better.

Though I've seen the level 9s do some inhuman reflex like stuff so there is that.

Seevea

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0146-9103-6388
Same as it is on here; I'm not too well known :( mostly just a PS *** who enjoys watching tourneys lol

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Well welcome bud, hope to see you around!

But as for your comment on how CPU and real people go people tend to use mind games when playing smash making you think they are doing one thing when really they are doing another, plus they tend to be much better.

Though I've seen the level 9s do some inhuman reflex like stuff so there is that.
Ah cool well I'm generally good at reading people in videogames, so ill just continue to work on my technical skills til oct 3rd

@ Seevea Seevea Well if ur into pokemon i can assume ur pretty cool ;)

Last edited:

kingshyam

Smash Rookie
ye been followin u for a while am a fan of ur playstyle too. ever since i seen you five stock that villager i knew that you were gonna be top 5 material

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Good luck in your smash endeavors. I can give you a few pointers when you get the actual game if you'd like.

Top Bottom